Author Topic: "SporeTalk to calm down for a little while" and my anger venting rant.  (Read 9126 times)

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
To be honest, I'm glad this is happening.
Heres my rant on how I feel, I kinda need to let this out -

Dont get me wrong, I think Spore will be a great huge game and I will buy a copy and play it to death.
But I'm so over all the speculation and pre-hype, I havent even looked at a thread in this board for a LONG time, it just doesnt interest me, its kinda lame and I'm sick of hearing about "will it do this, will it do that", I'm sure you know what I mean.

Hopefully this forum can get back to what it should be about - video games, not just one game which is coming out next year sometime, and not forum games, as I see that they are taking over the forums even more so than the Spore thread. I enjoy the forum games, but I have been playing them less and less.
I know that there are plenty of other active threads about other games, and thats what I enjoy reading and taking part in. So keep it up :)

I know what sort of responses I'm going to get here, but I would rather not list them for you. So please flame away at the latest Spore forum troll - Me :o

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
Re: "SporeTalk to calm down for a little while" and my anger venting rant.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 03:09:13 am »
To be honest, I'm glad this is happening.
Heres my rant on how I feel, I kinda need to let this out -

Dont get me wrong, I think Spore will be a great huge game and I will buy a copy and play it to death.
But I'm so over all the speculation and pre-hype, I havent even looked at a thread in this board for a LONG time, it just doesnt interest me, its kinda lame and I'm sick of hearing about "will it do this, will it do that", I'm sure you know what I mean.

Hopefully this forum can get back to what it should be about - video games, not just one game which is coming out next year sometime, and not forum games, as I see that they are taking over the forums even more so than the Spore thread. I enjoy the forum games, but I have been playing them less and less.
I know that there are plenty of other active threads about other games, and thats what I enjoy reading and taking part in. So keep it up :)

I know what sort of responses I'm going to get here, but I would rather not list them for you. So please flame away at the latest Spore forum troll - Me :o

Alright, it's 3am and I'm bored as hell. I'll bite. Really all I can think of to comment on right now is this: "Hopefully this forum can get back to what it should be about - video games, not just one game which is coming out next year sometime..."

You do know what forum you're posting in don't you? I'll give ya a hint. Three words, last one starts with an S.

As far as the initial statement goes I can kind of agree. I haven't been keeping up on posts or threads as much lately because I'm starting to notice a lot of ideas being rehashed. Same old stuff stated in different ways by people who apparently don't know better. Topics are gettin' old. I just drop by every couple days to keep an eye out for good discussions and toss out sometimes random nonsensical statements that may or may not have anything to do with the topics they're posted in. When some actual new decent info comes out, the site will have my full attention once again.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 04:54:47 am »
and not forum games, as I see that they are taking over the forums even more so than the Spore thread. I enjoy the forum games, but I have been playing them less and less.

It may be possible to make all posts in the Forum Games board not count toward your total post count. I know I can do it on my site.

Of course, some people may not like the side effects of that.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 04:56:56 am by Oviraptor »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 05:36:58 am »
next time a decent piece of information is press released regarding spore (ie, not a logo or a photo of a screenshot) then the spore forum will pick up. As it is the only time anything new gets added is when a new kid posts regarding something that happened before they joined and weve had about 5 straight sporetalks of 'More info real soon, quite time, hush hush). If everyone just waits patiently, something good will happen.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 06:14:27 am »
in addition to spore, i'm interested in the ff7 remake, and starcraft 2, neither of which have been announced by their respective companies...

how do you think i feel?
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline gbCerberus

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 07:12:21 am »
how do you think i feel?
Three words: World of Starcraft

edit: Nice sig, Beomoose  ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:01:37 am by gbCerberus »
"You can only see as far as you think."

Offline Beomoose

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Serpents
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 09:44:55 am »
in 2010.
With Your Shield, Or On it.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 11:07:43 am »
Is that before or after Jupiter explodes?
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 12:52:26 pm »
You do know what forum you're posting in don't you? I'll give ya a hint. Three words, last one starts with an S.

yeah I realise the irony of it, but where else should i post such a topic?

I haven't been keeping up on posts or threads as much lately because I'm starting to notice a lot of ideas being rehashed. Same old stuff stated in different ways by people who apparently don't know better. Topics are gettin' old.
Yes this is another thing that bugs me, there is only so much you can say about a game which is far off from release. I kept up with the Spore threads when it was announced, but topics are being repeated and people are just asking the same questions over and over again.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 01:55:49 pm »
If you don't want to stay, leave and come back later.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 02:13:42 pm »
There's no need to flame him, even though he invited you. I feel the exact same way as he does. He put his opinion out there and you should respect it and not ridicule it. Honestly, just be nice.

But, you have to realize that this forum has been as successful as it is so far for 2 reasons: because there's such a great community and because there's a whole big place to talk about Spore.

I don't think that Spore has taken over, but I do believe that Spore should be kept inside the Spore forum, which has been done well so far.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 02:34:39 pm »
go, go 1000th post!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 02:38:18 pm »
There's no need to flame him, even though he invited you. I feel the exact same way as he does. He put his opinion out there and you should respect it and not ridicule it. Honestly, just be nice.

But, you have to realize that this forum has been as successful as it is so far for 2 reasons: because there's such a great community and because there's a whole big place to talk about Spore.

I don't think that Spore has taken over, but I do believe that Spore should be kept inside the Spore forum, which has been done well so far.

Quoted for posterity.

Also, that comment is sort of intentionally unclear. Interpret as you will.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 02:53:12 pm »
its not a good sign when you click the 'Show unread posts since last visit' link and the vast majority of threads come from the Spore board, it just doesnt seem right.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 03:22:09 pm »
Why not? Call yourself the latest forum troll all you want, but don't be one.