Author Topic: Heroes: Villains (Season 3) *Major Spoilers (New: Spoiler Tags!)*  (Read 49883 times)

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes: Villains (Season 3)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 08:23:39 pm »
Wow! That was a great first 2 episodes! It finally reveals so much, yet gives us more questions to ask:

Spoilers:

So Angela Petrelli has the power of dreaming the future. That also explains in the first seasons of why Peter could dream the future. Turns out, maybe, that Gabrielle Gray (Sylar) is also a son of the Petrelli family!

Linderman as a ghost?

Niki Sanders is dead, or is that really someone new, another alter ego? Can turn people into ice? And even if that was her, she still has the Shanti Virus and should be dying...

It saddens me that Bob is dead :( I am glad that Elle is alive though.

Why is present-Peter in the form of a gangster member?

The excuse Sylar gave for not killing Claire was a little bad...

Finally they will be bringing in the French language (hopefully) because of that girl who can run really fast. What is her name?

Where is Mika and Monica?

Maya seems a little too Americanized now. Her English became 10x better and she has an attitude now. And Mohinder is starting to make me mad with trying to solve the cure, but first has to make him super powerful.

Next week looks really good!  ;D
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes: Villains (Season 3) *Potential Spoilers*
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 03:33:36 pm »
I think you missed the most important things.

Hiro "Awesome" Nakamura has finally mastered his powers and has an immediately important quest, and Peter "I'm god-powerful, but full of self pity" Petrelli has been sidelined.  Ok, so he was sidelined by his future self, but at least his future self knows how to get the job done.

Speculation:  You know how they had the whole thing about Niki's dad killing her sister?  It looks like he really didn't do it, and adoption has left her much better adjusted.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 05:23:04 pm »
Wow! That was a great first 2 episodes! It finally reveals so much, yet gives us more questions to ask:

Spoilers:

So Angela Petrelli has the power of dreaming the future. That also explains in the first seasons of why Peter could dream the future. Turns out, maybe, that Gabrielle Gray (Sylar) is also a son of the Petrelli family!

Linderman as a ghost?

Niki Sanders is dead, or is that really someone new, another alter ego? Can turn people into ice? And even if that was her, she still has the Shanti Virus and should be dying...

It saddens me that Bob is dead :( I am glad that Elle is alive though.

Why is present-Peter in the form of a gangster member?

The excuse Sylar gave for not killing Claire was a little bad...

Finally they will be bringing in the French language (hopefully) because of that girl who can run really fast. What is her name?

Where is Mika and Monica?

Maya seems a little too Americanized now. Her English became 10x better and she has an attitude now. And Mohinder is starting to make me mad with trying to solve the cure, but first has to make him super powerful.

Next week looks really good!  ;D

Few comments:

I only watched the first season and the last episode of season 2, with a few things keyed in by my friend, so I might be missing some stuff.

Did Linderman ever die? I can't remember.

Who's this bob you are talking about?

Present-Peter is in the form of a gangsta because future Peter put him there to keep him "Safe" and out of the way.

Well, now I'm back into this series again, but why oh why does it have to be a week between each episode? :(

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 06:49:11 pm »

Bob Midas, the head of the company.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 09:37:11 pm »

Bob Midas, the head of the company.

Right, I assume he is named so because of his power? I thought that's who Bob was, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 06:19:21 am »
The episodes were great! We're finally back on track after series 2 it seems.

So, what exactly was growing out of Mohinder's back?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 08:58:48 am »
Damn I wanna watch this, have to wait 2 weeks or so before I can though :(
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 02:36:09 pm »
So I heard season 2 suffered from the writers strike. Anyone want to comment on that?

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »
They did it to me again! Arghh... I accidentally stumbled across some spoilers from ComiCon when reading up on Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog and the Whedon Crowd. I stumbled across these spoilers and I was furious. I was SO set to hate the season. That it wouldn't make any sense... that it would mess with the universe further. That it would be so bad. However, these first two episodes proved me wrong (so far). My god.. I didn't expect it to pull me back in so quickly.. especially since I missed it on Monday and had to find it online to watch it. I went into the episodes completely expecting to be disappointed. I was not.

In fact, I'm already gearing back up into full speculation mode, especially with, well, pretty much all of episode 2.

Spoilers/Speculation:

At the end of episode two, do you think Mrs Patrelli was being serious with Sylar, or using mind tricks with him? I mean after all she can dream the future and could know all about Sylar's past. I actually want to think that Gabriel is really her son. It makes a lot of sense, especially with the similarity of powers between Peter and Sylar. That still has some major repercussions in the Heroes universe, especially if Sylar starts working FOR the Company or even stranger still, turns "hero".

I wonder how Sylar will react when he finds out that he is no longer "special". That anyone can get powers like his through use of Dr. Suresh's serum. Speaking of Suresh, who else saw that coming? He's turning primal.. into an animal. He's degenerating somehow. His increased metabolism is causing some really funky things to go on. I'm really interested to see where Suresh and Maya go as well, as I've thought that they had a certain chemistry when they met at the end of Season 2. It may have just been that the actors had that certain spark, but it's not a far-fetched pairing at all. I actually kind of hope it works out.

Edit:

So I heard season 2 suffered from the writers strike. Anyone want to comment on that?

Eh? It kind of did. They didn't get as many episodes out there. The story got truncated. There wasn't enough action for some people, so it suffered in the ratings there (I actually LIKED the character development and romance stuff for a change -_-). It could have been a lot better, but it wasn't a horrible season. It set up events nicely for this season despite being disrupted due to the strike.

Edit: Edit: More Speculations:
The Ice-Queen Politician's Aide (forget the characters name) IS Nikki, but another personality. I think her powers depend on the personality in control, and are directly tied to emotions or emotional states. Jessica was Nikki's strength so she was super-strong. Nikki eventually conquered Jessica and was stronger for it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 02:56:32 pm by OpDDay2001 »
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 05:01:33 pm »
Hmm, i like your speculation! But, might i add that the speculation you will be refering to is Episode 3. Monday night they showed both episode 1 and 2 back to back.

And did Heroes drop in popularity in these forums? Or did not many people know it is back on, or Spore?

And i thought Season 2 was just as good as 1. My favorite episode out of all of Heroes is when Noah got shot by Mohinder. The suspense in that whole episode was fantastic!
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 07:13:00 am »

Yes, it was cut short and they skipped 1 season as well as 1 spin-off series...
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline ContsantConstanant

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 11:38:40 am »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:24:26 pm by ContsantConstanant »

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 11:43:23 am »
Non existent wikipedia page?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline ContsantConstanant

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 12:24:40 pm »
Fixed.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 12:39:20 pm »
My girlfriend pointed this out: Mohinder = Beast, supersmart with animal strength and climbing and now hideously deformed! I'm thinking more along the lines of the Fly, but whatever it more or less the same thing.

Also did the Premiere seem more "depressing" to anyone else? You have future Peter messing everything up, Sylar is now unstoppable, and Claire can't feel pain. It's almost like a Empire Strikes Back season.

Then with the next episode I'm wondering why Sylar want to team up with the 'bad' company people and not just continue to do his own thing?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures