Author Topic: Heroes: Villains (Season 3) *Major Spoilers (New: Spoiler Tags!)*  (Read 49205 times)

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
One month til the next season is out! Yay. Anyway, I'm excited about it. And I've read in an interview that any characters that die this season stay did. No magical claire blood? And I think they also mentioned claire going through...I dunno,  something like what matt went through when he discovered he had more powers than just simple mind reading. I'm expecting something like radical regeneration from Treason by Orson Scott Card. The main character of the novel regenerated body parts he wasn't missing, especially when he wasn't using energy for much else, so he grows like, 4 extra arms, 3 spare legs, another nose, etc.

Then again I could be totally off.

Anyway, here's a promo...trailer..thing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUslVKw4ro8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUslVKw4ro8</a>
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:46:02 pm by Gungnir »

Offline Limeade

• Fire Truck Driver
  • General of Eternity's Militia
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes: Villains (Season 3)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:30:33 pm »
But how can one tell who is the hero, and who is the villain? Is it even possible for an average human to objectively judge the morality and actions of others? The highwayman is a noble folk hero to some, and a ruthless street pirate to others.
//~One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.~//

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 08:23:10 pm »
claire is going bad? thats just silly

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:02:51 pm »
Claire going bad is "alternate future" claire. You may remember that from the first season, when it was the post-bomb NY.

I wonder if peter will go back into the shanti virus future to rescue that girl he left there...

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 05:22:23 am »
I doubt it, if I understand Heroes' time travel causality, that future no longer exists due to them stopping Adam.  I'm not quite sure what will happen to her since she was introduced to the time line from outside, but I'd bet they use her to fuel Peter's "I'm god-powerful, but everything I do comes out horribly wrong, I'm going to go sulk until the very last moment so that I don't mess with the plot" angst.

But how can one tell who is the hero, and who is the villain? Is it even possible for an average human to objectively judge the morality and actions of others? The highwayman is a noble folk hero to some, and a ruthless street pirate to others.
Congratulations, good sir, on your profound ability to discover the plot element of season one, in which one Linderman did intend to destroy one New York with one nuclear device in order to convince one humanity to work together to save one Earth.  However, as this is a discussion for season three I suggest you refrain such repetitions of previous story arcs.

I expect that they'll avoid rehashing the "Noble Villain" thing by making all these villains completely, genuinely evil.  You know, "tear someone's skin off because it's kinda funny" evil.  The only question is, what happens when these guys run into Sylar?  I'm kinda hoping that he picks them off one by one so that h becomes something of an omni villain and we can finally have an epic battle between him and Peter at the end of the season.  We've been waiting for that showdown since season one, and one of them had better die.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 06:52:00 am »
Congratulations, good sir, on your profound ability to discover the plot element of season one, in which one Linderman did intend to destroy one New York with one nuclear device in order to convince one humanity to work together to save one Earth.  However, as this is a discussion for season three I suggest you refrain such repetitions of previous story arcs.

Now I don't watch Heroes, but... are you sure you didn't just get that confused with Watchmen?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 07:08:07 am »
No, season one's plot is pretty much lifted from Watchmen, except the heroes have no publicity, it's not the cold war, Rorschach isn't there, and Dr. Manhattan is emo.  And instead of gradually solving a conspiracy, everyone just stumbles into it.  So, I guess it's like Watchmen without the awesome parts.

Thanks a lot , Lurk.  Now I'll be making that comparison all season.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 10:23:31 am »
I can barely wait.

I would love to see a clash between Sylar and some of the other villains.

Sylar better be pretty damn impressive in this season, after merely wandering around with Latin people and glaring last season. I want a telekinetic murder within the first ten minutes of screen time.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 12:11:31 pm »
I need to see season 2.

Last episode I remember seeing was Hiro going back to the Empire, and finding the white guy. >_>

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 08:18:20 pm »
After the colossal disappointment that was Season 2, this had better be damn good. And I'm not just talking about myself here, if the show doesn't prove itself this Season then I highly doubt NBC will make a fourth one.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 08:56:50 pm »
I need to see season 2.

Last episode I remember seeing was Hiro going back to the Empire, and finding the white guy. >_>
According to the ad at the bottom, it comes out on DVD in 3 days (on the 26th)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 11:36:50 pm »
You can learn about one of the five villains in this short Going Postal, there's three parts. It's low budget, has bad product placement, and it's a little cheesy at times, but it's still Heroes.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 01:06:20 am »
Isn't it tomorrow?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You