Author Topic: PSP homebrew? anyone here make homebrew?  (Read 11328 times)

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blushyface.com
PSP homebrew? anyone here make homebrew?
« on: October 16, 2005, 10:08:23 am »
Does anyone here make homebrew applications for the PSP? I'm currently learning how to develop some testin homebrew applications for the PSP. I already know how to program the button functions and how to use  load / save and add images to the PSP.

If it doesnt work click here:
http://arkserver.servehttp.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=869.0;attach=450;image

this is a screenshot of a homebrew PSP radio application made by someone else but changed by me.
Incase you are a PSP devver you can take a look our site and help the community! We release our sourecode(s) and provide help so that anyone can dev their own homebrew stuff.

http://arkserver.servehttp.com/

Do NOT do illigal things. Homebrew applications are not Illigal, copy and run games / movies etc that you do not own is!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 09:59:16 am by ArkServer »

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blushyface.com
Re: PSP homebrew? anyone here make homebrew?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 10:00:28 am »
Does no one wants to make a PSP application with me? I can do the coding. I just need someone who can help me with stuff like testing etc

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 07:23:00 pm »
What do you mean by test?

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 02:19:46 am »
It worries me to run 3rd party software from the net on a proprietary system like the PSP.  If you bricked the PSP with that stuff, I don't think Sony would be too willing to fix it.

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 11:08:40 am »
Take the hint mate no one wants to.

_

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blushyface.com
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 09:56:47 am »
Take the hint mate no one wants to.

_

NP lol, we are one of the bigger PSP community as from now. We have quite a good community with PSP people that like to develop software for the PSP.

quote from our site:

I'm currently making an application that lets you use your hdd  as an external disk for the psp. Currently you need an USB cable to make it run b/c i don't know how to make it with wireless.

Lets say your harddisk has 10 gig free space, you could use that space for your psp to play games, store savegames play movies / pictures etc instead of buying a memorystick. The application works aprox 99% but we are not planning to release it atm b/c there are some bugs that needs to be fixed first. We don't wanna hear that we screwed some other people(s) PSP because they downloaded and used our homebrew software. We wanna help the PSP community grow not to bring it down.

btw you need firmware 1.50

Well guess what. After we released the application we recieved almost 4 times the amount of unique visitors. And high ranked PSP websites linked us in return, we can't complain :)

Offline Quanrian

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 12:51:52 am »
I'm guessing, and excuse me if this sounds stupid, that if I did the required upgrades to play newer PSP games that I would not be able to use anything homebrew, correct ?
Eat the game before it devours your life !

Offline AlabasterSlim

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Marc & Erin
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 06:25:54 am »
Corrent.

I'd be really interested in a homebrew program that would let me access the movies on my computer's harddrive and stream them wirelessly to my PSP.  Music or anything else as well.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 05:11:26 am »
Corrent.

I'd be really interested in a homebrew program that would let me access the movies on my computer's harddrive and stream them wirelessly to my PSP.  Music or anything else as well.
Ya, I'd be interested in that also.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 09:08:33 pm »
Corrent.

I'd be really interested in a homebrew program that would let me access the movies on my computer's harddrive and stream them wirelessly to my PSP. Music or anything else as well.
Ya, I'd be interested in that also.

It'll be called the Playstation 3. ;)

Offline h20

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 09:13:24 pm »
All of my interest about learning to create/code homebrew for me went out the door when i upgraded to 2.60.  :(

I know theres a whole crapload of copyright issues with homebrew, but i kinda wish sony just left em alone. Homebrew was one of the major selling points for the PSP initially.

Offline arland

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 05:37:06 pm »
hey if your still interested and need somebody to test your apps for you i would be glad to help.... if you can wait a week... my pandora batttery is arriving then and i would love to help you out.... if you interested please email me at arland@dcgla.com

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blushyface.com
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 03:56:05 pm »
All of my interest about learning to create/code homebrew for me went out the door when i upgraded to 2.60.  :(

I know theres a whole crapload of copyright issues with homebrew, but i kinda wish sony just left em alone. Homebrew was one of the major selling points for the PSP initially.

indeed, though ive quit creating hb.

Offline Szaifedias

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 06:09:49 pm »
Nobody is using a firmware from Dark Alex?