Author Topic: "<Creature>" was not successfully shared.  (Read 6019 times)

Offline AuraBoyX

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
"<Creature>" was not successfully shared.
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:51:12 pm »
I am having difficulties uploading the creature below... I have recently been getting the "'<Creature>' was not successfully shared." message ALOT when completing creatures... Normally I find if I exit the program and re-enter I can upload them just fine. This one creature is different though. It seems no matter what I do I cannot get it to upload. I have taken pieces off of it to test it to see if it will go up and nothing seems to work. On top of all that - even though it displays the 'not successful' message it does in fact upload a blank entry into the sporepedia with the creatures name and profile intact (just no creature). I have come to the conclusion it is my computer/installation... Maybe someone else can upload it... Can someone try uploading this for me then I can try grabbing it off the Sporepedia and then see if I can reupload it? It worked for me once before with another creature and I used my roomate account... But alas he is not around and wont be for some time... Thanks in advance! :)

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
Re: "<Creature>" was not successfully shared.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:56:17 pm »
I had this problem... what I did was make a copy of the creature with a new name and share the copy. That worked for me.
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline AuraBoyX

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:58:09 pm »
I had this problem... what I did was make a copy of the creature with a new name and share the copy. That worked for me.

I tried it and it did not work :(

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 02:40:38 am »
It might be a problem with the Online Sporpedia, not ur computer. Creatures of mine I have allready uploaded are disapearing, but their comments are still there, just no PNG. So it might not be you at all.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 04:00:02 am »
I tried to change a few things this morning and it wouldn't upload. Neither did anything I made. Maybe it's a sporepedia problem. It does look very complex. Maybe you need to take some things off. 

Looks like it uploaded but no picture. Very odd.
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-LadyM%3Asast-500009175014
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:05:35 am by LadyM »

Offline DarthZahl

• Akalabeth Addict
  • There's no escape from mankind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 04:46:34 am »
I tried to change a few things this morning and it wouldn't upload. Neither did anything I made. Maybe it's a sporepedia problem. It does look very complex. Maybe you need to take some things off. 

Looks like it uploaded but no picture. Very odd.
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-LadyM%3Asast-500009175014

AuraBoyX used the same tag ("blue") twice...
Try to remove one and upload it again  ;)

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 04:54:42 am »
Wow, this is becoming like a plague for Spore creatures.  :o

What I'm basically doing now is making a creature and, to avoid any disappointment or fiddly nastiness, giving it only a name (no description, no tags), saving it, closing the preview window before it shows me the completed creature (just to be sure) and then clicking Share when I've highlighted its card in the Sporepedia itself. Then, once it's done, I got to the Spore website, find the creature in My Creations and fill out the description and tags on the site itself, and hit Update to save them (do one box at a time or, annoyingly, it wipes the contents of the other text-box).

So far I've had a 100% success rate with this technique. Having said that, I've not made a huge wealth of creatures lately so I may have just got lucky each time.

It's also just mildly irritating to have to have to resort to such a fiddly tag-and-description-filling strategy.  :P
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 05:10:27 am »
Actually, I have been having a similar problem. To test it out, I tried to upload three creatures; one that never uploaded and two I hadn't tried. The former did not work, the other two did. It could just be a name issue.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline AuraBoyX

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 05:29:43 am »
Thank everyone for trying to help... I'll keep trying to figure out what it could be and/or just rebuild him from the ground up. This creature was kind of an accident... I was just goofing around moving parts about randomly and liked what I saw. I have another moth like creature that I was never able to upload too... I think it had something to do with the wings. Maybe when the game comes out I can upload this on and the other.

Chris / CreatureCreator / AuraBoyX

Offline heirware

• Galaxian Guru
  • since 230bc
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 06:16:29 am »
Wow, this is becoming like a plague for Spore creatures.  :o

What I'm basically doing now is making a creature and, to avoid any disappointment or fiddly nastiness, giving it only a name (no description, no tags), saving it, closing the preview window before it shows me the completed creature (just to be sure) and then clicking Share when I've highlighted its card in the Sporepedia itself. Then, once it's done, I got to the Spore website, find the creature in My Creations and fill out the description and tags on the site itself, and hit Update to save them (do one box at a time or, annoyingly, it wipes the contents of the other text-box).

So far I've had a 100% success rate with this technique. Having said that, I've not made a huge wealth of creatures lately so I may have just got lucky each time.

It's also just mildly irritating to have to have to resort to such a fiddly tag-and-description-filling strategy.  :P

This has worked for me on at the two occasions that I have used it.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 06:20:41 am »
It worked, I removed the description and tags and tried again and it went right up. Try that before you do anything else.
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500009182830%3Asast-500009182830

Offline DarthZahl

• Akalabeth Addict
  • There's no escape from mankind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 07:19:44 am »
As far as I know, many of these errors appear when you use the same tag twice on a creature.
I made this mistake once and that was the only time such an error-message appeared in my CC...

(BELIEVE ME!)

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 09:49:06 am »
Here is the funny thing, I tried to add another creature I did and it wouldn't go up either but I had no tag or description so I added one word to the tag, saved and the it shared. Very weird system.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 10:18:22 am »
I've had a creature or two not want to upload.  I just quit the game, reload, and it uploads fine without having to edit anything.  Shrug.

Offline AuraBoyX

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 10:23:30 am »
It worked, I removed the description and tags and tried again and it went right up. Try that before you do anything else.
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500009182830%3Asast-500009182830

YEAYYYYY!!!!! Thank You!!! It worked for me too!

So the next question is:

If I place the description and tags back on in the sporpedia/website... will the creature work when people download it? I mean reason would say yes... Were the tags blocking the creature somehow?