Author Topic: [NG] {kinda} Gosaan  (Read 2266 times)

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
[NG] {kinda} Gosaan
« on: August 18, 2008, 04:28:16 pm »

What my original species, the Gauss, would have been before an inebriation-induced error changed them. Gosaan have the capacity to be very intelligent and peaceful, but after thousands of generations of living under The Firm, many have lost all independent thought, and have a pre-coordinated set of responses (issued by the Firm) for many situations. The "national pasttime is Total War, an ingenious way to kill others in a constant 'civil war' on both land and space, and free up real estate. No culture apart from Total War, after said thousand generations of Firm rule.

Tech- Pretty limited, considering that they've been at a technological/sociological standstill for quite some time, and because imagination is NOT encouraged. They have hyperdrives, but they're so huge and costly that only a handful of ships have them. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Gosaan battle armor has been modified extensively, practically ever since one Gosaan got the idea to wear a loincloth. A few million years later, that rag has evolved into a full-body and head suit with numerous pockets and mounted weapons, such as scissor-machetes and norefes spikes.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:19:15 pm by 4d »

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
Re: [NG] {kinda} Gosaan
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:17:01 pm »
Religion: During the reign of the Firm and Nexus, much of the Gosaan culture was destroyed and replaced over the generations with Total War. Following the Downfalls, the Gosaan recovered much of their lost heritage, and wasted little time in reinstating the traditional ancestor worship as the main religion.

Reproduction: Gosaan, like many reptiles, lay eggs. The Gosaan are no different in egg laying/fertilization, except that eggs are typically hung from something (a tree branch or apartment roof) to keep htem out of harms way via saliva. Once the eggs hatch, they are 'trapped' by the saliva, and are forced to eat their own eggshells until a parent comes to 'rescue' them.

Internal Biology: Gosaan have three lungs, left, right, and center, along with one heart located behind the lungs. The stomach is a pretty simple affair: acids breakdown the food while microbes digest it and absorb nutrients from the food.

Locomotion: Two powerfully built legs keep Gosaan off the ground, and the reverse-joints give a Gosaan incredible running speeds, though at the cost of climbing easily. The legs end in two feet, with a powerful killing claw on the inside, a leftover from when primitive Gosaan leapt onto the backs of prey and predator, letting these scythes rip flesh to ribbons.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: [NG] {kinda} Gosaan
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:08:38 am »
I have some suggestions for further updates:

Solar System, Planet Map(s), Ship Schematics, Artwork, Architecture, Written Language, Spoken Language, Prehistoric History, Ancient History, Recent History, Evolutionary Path, Hand Weapons, Vehicle Weapons, Ship Weapons, Social Gestures, Fashions, Calendar, Clocks, More "Total War" Information.

Biology: Organ Schematics, Growth Cycle, Brain Layout, Skeleton, Diet, Juvenile Pictures (Not CC if possible, CC is to generic).

That's all I can think of, just pick and choose for now.  They are listed in order of priority.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.