Author Topic: Planet Shopping (location location...)  (Read 7372 times)

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
Planet Shopping (location location...)
« on: August 17, 2008, 12:29:50 pm »
So you boot up Spore and get ready to jump in the first time, are you going to look around for a planet to start on or just click somewhere and go for it?

What kind of interstellar real estate are you going for? Multiple star system, certain planet look, location in the galaxy?

Personally I want a pretty alien looking world. Something far on the edge of the galaxy.

Offline Monster

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Shopping (location location...)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 12:33:49 pm »
Well it'll be a bit hard because you only get a small random selection to choose from but you can change it in space phase, so mine would be:
Desert and greenery but as you've seen in latest previews that weird purpley atmosphere. :)

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 12:42:34 pm »
Im looking for a harsh looking world.Something very alien and dark.Nothing bright and peppy.I want a very realistic world.I don't think I can really pick this but I would love a double-star system(hello double sunrise/sunset).I wonder how the day/night cycle works with 2 stars.Again I don't know if I can pick this but I would love to be the only Habitable planet in my system.I want almost haitable planets like Mars.The reason is that I have a lot of stories lined up to play out and one of them is going to each planet in my system to see which ones have the potential(in my eyes) to become habital worlds.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:22:15 pm by Gzillafan1 »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 12:43:51 pm »
A multiple star system would be cool, I'll probably just choose whichever looks good to me at that moment because the planets available for starting on change every time you start up the game.

If you're talking about space phase, no idea though.

@Gzillafan1: I don't think you can be that specific when starting in the cell phase, but sounds cool for space phase and moving your civilization in some sort of exodus.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 12:44:57 pm »
Anything and everything is fine with me as long as I get to play the damn game >:(
But generally the multiple planet system/star system is more favorable.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 12:49:53 pm »
As for the day/night cycle with a binary star system, I would imagine something like Tatoonie. If one star is far enough away to allow for planet formation, it wouldn't be as dark as night, but darker than daytime for sure.

We haven't seen any closeups of binary star systems yet, but given the Maxis teams focus on getting the space stage accurate, they are definetly out there.

Offline BlueSabor

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 01:22:51 pm »
@Gzillafan1: I don't think you can be that specific when starting in the cell phase, but sounds cool for space phase and moving your civilization in some sort of exodus.

I wonder if you can pack up bags & leave your starting home world? now that would be great if you can.

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 01:27:35 pm »
As for the day/night cycle with a binary star system, I would imagine something like Tatoonie. If one star is far enough away to allow for planet formation, it wouldn't be as dark as night, but darker than daytime for sure.

We haven't seen any closeups of binary star systems yet, but given the Maxis teams focus on getting the space stage accurate, they are definetly out there.
maybe its one of those eastereggs  :o
speaking of which, Its pretty exaggerated that you can play for years without finding them, because I know I wont be staying too much with one species before heading to the center of the galaxy

Offline creiij

• Phoenix Fighter
  • I'm a jerk! A j-e-r-k!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 01:29:50 pm »
Well, I might be picky, or not. I'll start the game and see what sort of planet I get, if I don't like it for any reason it can get me another one. It would be cool to play on an earthlike planet but I suspect that when the game loads up, I won't really care. I just want to get my cell and start eating stuff =)

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 02:48:11 pm »
I'de rather be surprised, and only find out what my homeworld and home system is like when I get to creature phase/space phase.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 05:23:01 pm »

maybe its one of those eastereggs  :o

Actually they were shown in the SXSW vid, and generally they are quite common.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 05:29:18 pm »
I'd like a world in a solar system similar to ours, though what it looks like doesn't matter much to me, so long as it's not a weird cotton candy world like in one of the early videos.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Odys

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 05:43:15 pm »
Wintery and cold  ;D, and somewhere on the tip of one of the arms preferably. That way it takes longer to reach the centre, which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you look at it, but for me it means more play time.
Believe what you see

Check out my Spore Creations!

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 05:55:57 pm »
I want something with a neat jagged coastline. And orange water!

Offline Praetyre

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 06:01:29 pm »
Cold in the north, Amazonian in the midsouth, temperate in the middle, with terrestrial water levels, 3x Earth size, relatively close to Earth (in the galactic habitable zone), 3 moons, and I just hope I can set the landmasses too (though, guess it wouldn't be so bad, given Gehtranus IV has gone through numerous geological changes).