Author Topic: The Grand RP OOC  (Read 54769 times)

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand RP OOC
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2008, 03:37:58 am »
I'm still in the lottery, unless, not being in this one somehow disqualifies me.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 13, 2008, 05:04:06 am »
I will naturally stand for lotterification.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2008, 11:08:40 am »
Alright I spun the wheel and did the drawing. Yossitaru was the witness.

The third Grand RP will be in a Fantasy setting and the villain will be played by Krakow Sam. Congrats! You can start the RP whenever you're ready.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 13, 2008, 11:18:11 am »
Description of the setting soon, I hope. I'm joining in.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2008, 11:49:45 am »
The thread has been made.
Now, I have a guidleline for your characters:

They must be ordinary villagers of Middenvale, which is a peaceful place unsullied by conflict. Imagine Hobbiton but taller.
Other than that your characters can be any age or gender and of any profession which could realistically exist in that sort of setting.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2008, 11:54:33 am »
The Third Grand RP - A Mage's Wager - Information Station

The Story
A Mage's Wager

The Characters

Alwayswatching's character: Hanson Silverston
Little's character: Bryan Yeldrow
/lurk's character: Bolton Layton
Neoadept's character: Nathan Grouse
Patman33's character:Moses O'Keeffe
Kenobro's character: Richard Theodoric
Yossi's character: Christopher Menord
eropS's character: Brian Smith

Krakow Sam's characters: Sirius, Alaric, Archmage Toldo, Various Wizards

Crosses denote a character that is currently not playing a major role in the story; this can include, but is not limited to: user inactivity, that character's death, or the character's creator turning that character into an NPC.
2 A superscript number two denotes a secondary character, it's one of those characters that is important and around for a lot of stuff but still not a main character.
x The 'x' denotes a character that was never played, or not played enough to have an impact on the story.
m An 'm' denotes a character that has minions, and if you click on the 'm' you will be taken to a description of those minions.
Finally, red text denotes an evil character, purple denotes a neutral character, and blue denotes a good character. Black text means that a character has had no effect on the story and can not be classified.

News and Updates
09/13/08
The Information Station for The Third Grand RP has been made and the RP has started!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:13:07 am by Krakow Sam »

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2008, 12:09:29 pm »
Name: Hanson Silverston

Bio: If there's one thing every villager needs, its a bar. Especially in a village of old farmers who lived to make money to spend on ale so they could bear living. Hanson was formerly a traveller but 10 years ago (to this very day! At least, that's what the sign says. Every day.) he found that the village of Middenvale, though filled with potentially boring old alcoholics, had no bar. So he spent what little money he had on a building in the middle of town, and settled down there. He's still there now, ripping off drunkards.

No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2008, 12:12:41 pm »
Name: Bryan Yeldrow
Profession: Blacksmith's Apprentice

Bio: Bryan was born to a poor blacksmith's family in the small town of Middenvale. He lived a fairly average life, playing with his friends and being taught the basics of his fathers craft at an early age. The calm years passed by, with the wooden swords his group of friends sparred with turning to blunt metal ones, each fashioning their own crude armor, with Bryan's weapons being the best by far.

Time caught up to them, and playtime soon became work time, with each of them learning their trade for their fathers. Bryan had a talen for blacksmithing, and at the age of fourteen, began to make his own wares and sell them. Skilled with a blade('but can't use bows worth a damn' would grouse his father) he won a few small tournaments among his peers, saving up his valuables for a time when he would be able to kiss his mother goodbye, hug his father, pack his things and go on a real adventure.

He has no idea what he wants may be closer than he thinks...

((If you join as someone roughly he same age, maybe your character could be one of Bryan's friends? Because when you plan to go on adventure in a far away land someday, you never make those plans alone  ;) ))

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2008, 12:29:03 pm »
Name:  Bolton Layton

Bio: Layton setting up his tailorin' shop in town's prob'ly got t' town talking more'n t' annual potato faire.  I reckon 'e spends a bit too much time at the bar and a bit too much time eyeing the ladies and t' ladies jewellery to be an 'onest tailor. Weren't there that tale about a missin' load o'fancy silks over in Bogford 'bout ' time 'e arrived?

Ent never actually seen 'im do anythin' shady, mind you, but mebbe that just means we ent never caught 'im?

Layton the tailor: object of local speculation. Where does he get those silks?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2008, 12:33:16 pm »
Layton the tailor: object of local speculation. Where does he get those silks?

:D Nice!

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2008, 12:56:43 pm »
Name:  Nathan Grouse
Profession:  Gambler and Layabout

Bio:  From an early age Nathan despised and avoided work with a passion, always more likely to be found lounging around in town than working at his father's farm.  He never saw the point of following in his father's footsteps, not when he had three older brothers who would gladly take the farm without him.

And so, over the lazy years, he picked up on every game that passed through the village and most of the tricks and strategies for them.  For years he lived from meal to meal and off the occasional winning.  Then Silverston's tavern opened and he discovered something wonderful: Drunk people are terrible players and heavy bettors.  Inside a year he was was living comfortably in a hovel instead of the haylofts of the past.  Ten years later (to the day, he'll agree with the barman, on the basis that the bar was both their livelihoods and keeping it running was in everyone's interest) he still visits the tavern everyday and always leaves with slightly more money than he walked in with.

Though he'll admit to being an occasional cheat, he prides himself on having never stolen anything.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2008, 01:13:04 pm »
Name: Moses O'Keeffe

Bio: Moses O'Keeffe is Middenvale's resident painter. He did the mural up in the church and was the one who had the inn repainted after the disastrous harvest festival two years back. Moses lives in a small shack on the outskirts of town. From one window he can see Middenvale's sprawling forest and from the other he can see the Ivory Tower. On most days, Moses is out and about. He loads up his wagon early in the morning and heads out (sometimes for days at a time) to look for things to paint. Every few months Moses makes the long journey to the city where he sells his wares for top dollar. While not extremely wealthy, Moses leads a happy life and that's all that matters to him. On the nights that he is in town, Moses can usually be found in Silverston's Tavern playing his favorite game, dice poker.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2008, 01:36:43 pm »
Name: Richard Theodoric

Bio:  Richard has always been a good friend of Bryan's.  He feels that everyone is inferior to him, but he is good natured at heart. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:06:36 pm by Kenobro »

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2008, 02:38:26 pm »
By the way, I do need some help with my character because I'm not certain if I did it right. Does it pass muster, Sam (and anyone else)? I wasn't sure if the whole "he travels to the city" thing would work out.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2008, 02:54:34 pm »
Well, as long as 'the city' is like the cities in RPGs. A cobbled crossroads with an inn, about 12 houses and a shop ;)

Kenobro, I don't know why you put that atheist thing in there. Its out of place for the setting and really doesn't need to be mentioned anyway.