Author Topic: The Grand RP OOC  (Read 54647 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand RP OOC
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2008, 07:47:20 pm »
Say Pat... I know you like this Ronald character and all... but... how do you explain bringing him back after it was pretty clear we killed him.
I mean, you did the same thing with Bernardo (which was pretty annoying) but this is even more weird, I mean, he got blown to smithereens, by a bomb that was inside him.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2008, 09:14:56 pm »
Hm... I never said there was a bomb inside of him and I never went into detail about what he was doing while listening in on the heroes from the hallway.

The power of assumption is a wonderful thing! Nobody is going to stick around and wait to see what happens if the guy they just beat down begins to beep. Plus beepers are cheap and Ronald is smart (and filled with electronics). What's a two cent beeping device attached to an augment matter if it means the room will clear out during the off chance that you've been incapacitated? Whichever way you look at it, Ronald was in control the entire time meaning that he had ample opportunity to survive.

I didn't think the thing with Bernardo through all the way, but I did think this one through. The only problem here is that I never gave you all the details. Then again, the reader is supposed to wonder how Ronald survived while at the same time not being told how.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2008, 02:47:10 am »
Well, an in-story explanation would have been nice. We're writing in the third person omniscient, which generally suggests we're all in possession of at least most of the facts. Surely you can appreciate how stupid and cheesy it is for a character that everyone (including the readers) thought was dead just jump back in without so much as a handwave explanation.
Also, the explosion leveled the entire building  :P

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2008, 03:43:39 am »
Sorry, but you're going to have to suck it up because I don't buy into it. You should have said something to me when it was pertinent instead of telling me after the fact. I can't exactly do anything about it now. I've offered you a more-than-reasonable explanation. All you can hope to achieve now is to leave a black mark on an otherwise spotless game.

You guys love to cry foul at some of the stuff I do but at least I can consistently get the job done. If you don't want me to do what I do, tell me and I'll stop and let you handle it.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2008, 04:02:46 am »
All right, no need to get so sensitive, the rest of it was fine. Its not like you would have changed it 'when it was pertinent' anyway. But it would be nice if you didn't pull stuff like that in future.
I'm just concerned with making sure the story is fun to RP and fun to read afterwards, I'm not nitpicking because I enjoy it.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2008, 04:23:00 am »
Its not like you would have changed it 'when it was pertinent' anyway.

You're making assumptions again. I more willing than anyone to make changes to the story if someone has a problem with it and you know that. Maybe I'm not the one with the problem, maybe you're the one with the problem. You don't have to complain about everything that bothers you. Just keep it to yourself! I could have complained that you weren't pulling your weight in this RP but I didn't. I could have complained that your character knew more than he should but I didn't. I could have complained that your character was too lucky but I didn't. Instead I worked with it instead of against it. Get over it and play the game with what you have.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2008, 04:33:35 am »
I'm not talking about what happened so much as how you handled it. There was no explanation at all given for why Ronald was suddenly alive, not even an offhand comment or glancing reference.
I don't mind so much that he survived, I mean, its fairly plausible he used a decoy and then legged it out of a back window before the building blew up. But at least have the courtesy to tell us that thats what happened instead of basically saying something to the effect of. "Oh, he actually survived. Suck it up."

I didn't bring it up when it happened because I didn't really register how incongruous it was, since I was concentrating on what my character and the other heroes were doing.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2008, 06:41:42 am »
That's the way I wanted it though. I want you to go through the same bout of confusion that your characters go through. That was you will presumably write up a more realistic reaction.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2008, 11:38:58 am »
The Second Grand RP - Rise of the Mutants - Information Station

The Story
Rise of the Mutants

The Characters

Alwayswatching's Character: Captain Fortune (Vince Powell)
eropS's Character: Mister O. Smith
Huckbuck's Character: Garry Lobe
KrakowSam's Character: Professor Malvolio Mythos
Neoadept's Character: Will "the Winged Wonder" Avitson
PatMan's Character: Chip Finkelstein
Yossitaru's Characters: Max Stealthe, The Master

Crosses denote a character that is currently not playing a major role in the story; this can include, but is not limited to: user inactivity, that character's death, or the character's creator turning that character into an NPC.
2 A superscript number two denotes a secondary character, it's one of those characters that is important and around for a lot of stuff but still not a main character.
x The 'x' denotes a character that was never played, or not played enough to have an impact on the story.
m An 'm' denotes a character that has minions, and if you click on the 'm' you will be taken to a description of those minions.
Finally, red text denotes an evil character, purple denotes a neutral character, and blue denotes a good character. Black text means that a character has had no effect on the story and can not be classified.

News and Updates
9/05/08
The Information Station for The Second Grand RP has been made and the RP has started!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:38:54 pm by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2008, 11:47:25 am »
So I'm assuming that the heroes are used to their powers?

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2008, 11:50:02 am »
Yes, all heroes are registered on the "Hero Network" to receive job offers for their services, and I'd rather not try to shoehorn in some newbie and still pay them as if they've been registered the whole time. Hero Network registration is by choice, and any heroes not on the network obviously wouldn't be getting jobs or pay.

Ah, I also forgot to mention that there should be no mutant heroes, all super powers should come about as some sort of technology, be it the results or the waste or anything in between.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:10:57 pm by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2008, 12:15:28 pm »
Name: Chip Finkelstein

Bio: Chip Finkelstein, better known a Chip, is an arrogant jackass. All the women want to be with him and all the men want to be him. He's the poster child for the Hero Network and is considered to be the best of the best. Since the cameras are always on him, Chip can't afford to be anything less. Still, he doesn't really care as long as the money keeps rolling in and the women keep knocking at his door. In his past, Chip was a game show host on a local public access channel. His life changed forever when his house was set upon by the radioactive release from a government jet. After that point (and to avoid a lawsuit) Chip was a part of the Hero Network and both sides could not be happier.

Powers:
Good Looks: Chip is one fine cut of man. His looks are so fetching in fact, that he often distracts his foes making them easy targets. It usually only works on normal human foes though.

Above Average: Chip's physical abilities are all considered above average. While the vast majority of his abilities are not "super", they're still better than most.

Heavy Lifter: Chip's only true "super" power is his ability to lift heavy things and punch really hard. Combined with his heightened speed, Chip is able to unleash his signature move known as "The Chipper".

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2008, 01:10:16 pm »
Name:  Will "the Winged Wonder" Avitson

Bio:  Will was just the average temp until he and some friends messed around one night after hours at his latest job as an assistant at an aviation research facility.  In a wacky series of events that no one remembers quite well enough to replicate (but quite probably involved copious amounts of alcohol and shouting "we could probably make a jet pack or something!") Will cobbled together a set of powered wings designed to test the aerodynamics of birds, a flight computer with rudimentary AI, and a few miniature jet engines into a single device fitted for a human.

The next day, upon waking up and realizing that he'd made a jet pack (or something), he quit his job and signed up with the Hero network, and has been living on fame, glory, and adrenaline rush ever since.  Oh, and a zeppelin he decided to buy after a couple of years to go with the flying theme, he lives on that too.

Powers:
Flight:  Fast, slow, up, down, he can fly however you define it and look cool doing it.

Flight Computer:  It's not quite HAL, but he can have flight trajectories for himself and anything else calculated in seconds.

Zeppelin:  His flying fortress which he mostly keeps just outside the city limits for legal purposes.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2008, 05:54:58 pm »
Name:Professor Malvolio Mythos

Bio: Originally a stage performer of some renown, Malvolio discovered early in his career that he possessed formidable psychic powers. Strangely enough, people actually took him *less* seriously as a performer when the feats he was performing were real, rather than elaborate tricks, and he ended up joining the Hero Network mainly to build his reputation. Fond of billowy cloaks and shouting.

Powers:
Telekinesis: With some modest mental exertion and a lot of shouting and hand waving, Malvolio can lift objects up to the size of malnourished orphan child, with his mind.

Hypnotism: The weak minded are putty in the hands of Malvolio's mental mastery. Probably safest just to put them to sleep though. Most victims take hypnotic suggestions too literally and end up causing trouble.

Elephant Gun: Anything that can't be taken down by cosmic mental powers can be dealt with using an antique blunderbuss fitted with cutting edge ballistic technology.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2008, 07:30:08 pm »
Ahhhh... this is awesome! ;D