Author Topic: The Grand RP OOC  (Read 54599 times)

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand RP OOC
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 07:41:57 pm »
Name: Jason Durove

Bio: Jason was a simple farmer, like his pa was before him. He was his farm's foreman, which means he was in charge of monitoring the Augs. He was involved in an anti-Aug group that took radical actions against Augs in the community. When some free Augs bought their own farm next door, Jason's anti-Aug group(named Pure People) burned the ranch down. The hand of justice came down hard. The group scattered, and was later reunited at the city courthouse after they had all been caught. Jason had been on the run for three days when the police tracked him down and nailed him with a stun rifle.

The leader of the group, Harry Tuft, lasted twenty-four more hours then Jason did, and had killed an Aug while on the run. Jason was sentenced to eight years in prison for arson and felony assault(the Aug farmer was burned in the fire while evacuating his family) and Harry was sentenced to life in prison for arson, murder, assault, resisting arrest, and assaulting a police officer(he bit a officer on the thumb when he was captured).

Nine years later, Jason has been freed and has been unable to hold a steady job. He has come to accept Augs as members of society, but refuses to have anything to do with them. He spends his time begging for money and roaming around city parks, admiring their beauty.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2008, 07:50:55 pm »
Name:  Art MC-439

Bio:  "Art" Mining Coordinator 439 was one of the few Augs allowed to use upgraded mental facilities before the reforms.  He used an expanded and more easily accessed system of memory and an increased aptitude in multitasking to coordinate one of the largest mines on Gaia, directing countless other Augs to work at peak efficiency.  To hear it one would suspect that he had one of the easier positions, but the fact was that he spent a great deal of his life in a dark room, lacking even the meager social interaction other Augs had as they worked.  He wasn't aware of the Aug rights movement except in the most distant way until the day he was freed.

He continued working there for ten years, using his new found free time to come to terms with what it meant to be human before finally leaving, using the pay from those ten years to start a new life.  Even after this final freedom he remained distant from both other Augs and baseline humans, his strange nature off-putting to even others of his kind.  He currently works in the city's traffic control department, putting to use the same skills he used in the mine.  His apartment has full internet and TV access and countless puzzles to keep his mind occupied when he isn't working.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2008, 07:52:26 pm »
My character okay?
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2008, 08:09:43 pm »
Yes indeedy! All of the characters (and the posts too) look great! Good work everyone! ;D

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 08:47:35 pm »
Me too! I'm taking a shot in the dark here but...

Name: Hal RM-175

Bio: A "repair and maintenence" Aug, he has spent his life fixing up whatever was needed. He is something of an obsessive-compulsive and a perfectionist, but in his line of work, these are advantages. He refuses to stop working on a project untill it is either in optimal working order, or it is a hopeless pile of scrap. He is facinated with technology, and sometimes will search for something wrong just to be able to take apart a device and put it back together again. Because of this, once the Augs rights movement had come and gone, he simply kept on doing what he allways had.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 12:58:32 am »
Name: George Swayz
Bio: George is currently an accountant working directly under Michael Whetstone. His future job security may quickly vanish when he confronts his boss about various fiscal abnormalities which have been cropping up throughout his portfolio. An unremarkable man, but good at his job, and prepared to stand up for what's right. Has no particular interest in the cause of the Augs, but bears them no malice either.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 02:10:08 am »
I want to get involved in one of the RPs, but my schedule is erratic.
If I can only make two good, long posts a week is this the RP for me or should I just forget about it?

When I read the setup I thought making a genetically engineered Rain Man accountant/inventory clerk would be a good concept.
It must be a good concept, because neoadept already beat me to it.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 03:24:04 am »
Name - RAC 1 (Referred to by colleagues as "Rocky")

Age - Chronologically 7, Biologically in his 30s

Bio - Gaia News Network, or GNN for short, the first news network to worth with augs, not against them! At least, that was there slogan. In reality GNN only employed augs to do the very laborious jobs. Rocky's job was too download news and handle small reports with the efficiency of a computer, but also with a human touch.

Rac is on constant uplink to the internet, and emits a non-stop wireless signal from the back of his skull. However he still acts much like a normal human, and many of his coworkers have taken a shine to him, calling him Rocky.

GNN is known to be strongly suspicious of Whetstones motives, even though they have never actually announced this on the air. GNN is known to upset Anti-Augs so much it's commonly referred to as "that hippy news channel."

No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 04:40:34 am »
I'm having a hard time picturing Rocky for some reason: is he a seven year old who's development was accelerated to that of a thirty year old in a vat, or someone who became an aug and had their aging cease at age seven, twenty-three years ago?

Name: OLG 2.15 RAS

Bio: A hulking device built with some of the most primitive augmentation technology, OLG is more machine than man.  The power built into his body would be his downfall - after his capture in the war, centuries of slavery and heavy labouring lay ahead of him. Over time, his normal, human emotions subsided into a cold, robotic loathing, He would take his revenge, even if he only had the chance a thousand generations hence.

Construction work in the city, and the heavy lifting that goes with it has recently hit a lull and currently he is unemployed. He waits.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 06:39:17 am by /lurk »
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 05:53:15 am »
Name: Vangelis O'Brien

Bio: Born of both Greek and Irish descent, Vangelis is all for the Aug cause.  25 years was a witness to a most heinous crime against an Aug.  He once watched the poor thing literally get torn limb from limb, blood gushing everywhere.  After taking the witness stand against the Aug attacker, an Irish anti-Aug group known as the "Irish Anti-Aug League," or IAAL, began issuing death threats against Vangelis.  He thought going into the Witness Protection Program, but decided he didn't want to change his identity, and so he moved to the Greek territory.  Things weren't as bad for the Augs here, which he had come to respect, they weren't great, but not bad.  He lived and worked as a shopkeeper there until 5 years ago, when was required to identify an Aug attacker that the Police believed may be the same guy that killed an Aug 25 years ago.  And so he went back to Irish territory and testified once again, only this time, he didn't go back to the Greek territory, instead, he stayed, working as a shopkeeper for a spare robotics store.  He still lives in fear of the IAAL, though only secretly.

This any good for a first attempt at a bio?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:22:43 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 06:46:18 am »
Name: LOVE - 1
Augmentations:  Less Obedience Voiding Emotions:  Brain desensitizing equipment

Long back, when the rights of Augs weren't worth anything at all, a few sympathetic scientists embarked on a mission to create an Aug without a human side.  An Aug that would be more robot than slave, and would work without question -nay, without feeling!  Their result:  the LOVE - 1.

Unfortunately, after a few tests, they discovered that they had indeed succeeded in creating the perfect machine.  After having been sent to the grocery store for food, he returned with both the food and the money they gave him.  The shopkeeper lay dead.

When asked about this incident, LOVE - 1 calmly replied that taking out the money would have taken up a larger expenditure of energy than pulling the trigger of the shopkeeper's gun, and would have resulted in a larger deficit of cash for his "masters".

The scientists tried to explain that what he had did was wrong, but LOVE - 1 just didn't understand the concept.  He was without ethics, without feeling, without guilt.

He was finally placed within an Aug correctional facility indefinitely.  But with the new political changes, and the great upheavel thereof, it may be only a matter of time before the cage surrounding LOVE - 1 is torn down.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 06:48:58 am »
Good stuff! I'm building up the Information Station now. I'm labeling all of the characters as good except for Little's character and Lurk's character and Kcronos' character. Is that right or have I made an error?

Also, Slarti, your method may work although it could end up being more disruptive than productive.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 07:34:46 am »
Was my post in the RP any good for a first try?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 08:48:33 am by Kenotai »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 08:08:26 am »
Your post was good; however, make sure you've read the prologue carefully. We are not on Earth, we are on Gaia. Everyone appears to be located in a megalopolis under the control of the Northern Union. Not that it matters very much that they are in the Northern Union, as I'll explain soon.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 08:11:02 am »
Gaia was the Greek titan of Earth so I thought that the Planet had been renamed for some reason, leave it to me to screw up.  :'(
I think I'll just change it to be "Ireland based" and "Greece based", would that be acceptable.