Author Topic: The Grand RP OOC  (Read 54696 times)

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand RP OOC
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 08:20:10 am »
*raises hand*

i'll join

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 09:01:16 am »
If I were you guys I'd just say that everyone who qualifies is automatically entered for the lottery unless they say otherwise or haven't been active recently.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 09:13:26 am »
Yeah, thats probably best, since its impossible to tell the difference between the people saying they want to participate and those that want to be in the lottery.

Looks like the only people who qualify and haven't said they don't want to participate in villainy are me and Pat.
So Pat, heads or tails?  ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:15:05 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 09:38:00 am »
I'm still in, and definitely in on the villain lottery.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 09:49:25 am »
Heads, tails or edge?

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 11:46:14 am »
I'd like to try villain, but I'm known for my short attention span and since villain requires someone very reliable, I'll say no to the lottery thanks.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 11:54:48 am »
Ok, Yokto is rolling the magical three-sided die as I type this.

1. Pat
2. Krakow
3. Neo

Lets see what the result will be...

<Yokto> 1
<Yokto> i got one

Looks like its Pat stepping up to the plate first.

Guess now its time to SPIN THE WHEEL!

<Yokto> 4

That means its a sci-fi story, I guess its up to Pat to figure out the details of the setting.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:57:48 am by Krakow Sam »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 06:10:13 pm »
The First Grand RP - Whetstone's War - Information Station

The Story
Whetstone's War

The Characters

Alwayswatching's Character: RAC 1
Darth Grievi's Character: Hal RM-175
Gunner's Character: Robert Haineaur
Kcronos' Character: LOVE - 1
Kenotai's Character: Vangelis O'Brien
Krakow Sam's Character: George Swayz
Little's Character: Jason Durove
Lurk's Character: OLG 2.15 RAS
Neoadept: Art MC-439
PatMan's Character: Michael Whetstone, Ronald Payton, Matrona Clarke

Crosses denote a character that is currently not playing a major role in the story; this can include, but is not limited to: user inactivity, that character's death, or the character's creator turning that character into an NPC.
2 A superscript number two denotes a secondary character, it's one of those characters that is important and around for a lot of stuff but still not a main character.
x The 'x' denotes a character that was never played, or not played enough to have an impact on the story.
m An 'm' denotes a character that has minions, and if you click on the 'm' you will be taken to a description of those minions.
Finally, red text denotes an evil character, purple denotes a neutral character, and blue denotes a good character. Black text means that a character has had no effect on the story and can not be classified.

News and Updates
8/17/08
The Information Station for The First Grand RP has been made and the RP has started!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:47:22 am by PatMan33 »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 06:11:45 pm »
So it's Civil-Rights era America, but in the future?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 06:21:17 pm »
Name: Michael Whetstone

Bio: Michael Whetstone is the Northern Union's representative in the Planetary Senate. He is the de facto leader of the nations within the Northern Union, though the people are mostly ignorant to that fact. Representative Whetstone is an incredibly persuasive man and is solely credited as being the one to secure equal rights for Gaia’s augmented population (known as Augs). He has spearheaded several sweeping campaigns that have helped allow Augs to move up the social ladder and become more than just shunned laborers. While some of his methods are not quite up to snuff with current laws and traditions, the results of Michael's work is hard to ignore. His most recent milestone, the completion of the Augment Resource Network (ARN), is poised to usher in a new era of prosperity for both the Augs and the rest of the human population on Gaia.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 07:04:59 pm »
I'm going through ideas here, and would it be possible for my character to be the leader of a quasi-KKK establishment, the people who are the extreme anti-Aug?

And how futuristic is this? Like lasers and hovercars, or kinda near future with better tech?
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 07:06:25 pm »
I'm going to take part in this project...
Name: Robert Haineaur

Bio: Robert's point in this Utopian society is to build robots. And build robots he does! His job centers around robots for the home and office, currently working for ERPE Technologies. He has yet to move far up the tower from the rank and file, but is in a good position for a worker of his type. He is not augumented, and doesn't have anything against Gaia's Augmented population, and looks at the political situation from a distanced point of view.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 07:09:58 pm »
I'm going through ideas here, and would it be possible for my character to be the leader of a quasi-KKK establishment, the people who are the extreme anti-Aug?

And how futuristic is this? Like lasers and hovercars, or kinda near future with better tech?

For the sake of the game's flow, it might be best to have him just as a member of an anti-Aug establishment and not the leader. Also remember that you're going to have to somehow find a way for all of the "heroes" to come together (and some of them may be Augs).

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 07:10:51 pm »

For the sake of the game's flow, it might be best to have him just as a member of an anti-Aug establishment and not the leader. Also remember that you're going to have to somehow find a way for all of the "heroes" to come together (and some of them may be Augs).
Should I change mine?
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 07:13:09 pm »
Oh no, your character is just fine Gunner. I was just reminding folks of one of the heroes' jobs. You guys have to bring your characters together. I can create the circumstances in which they come together but I can't actually make them cooperate.