Author Topic: Alvin's Sporepedia (Now with Vehicles and Buildings!)  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Alvin's Sporepedia (Now with Vehicles and Buildings!)
« on: August 15, 2008, 04:40:52 pm »
I've spent some time during the holidays making creatures and I wanted to get some more feedback on my designs. I'm happy to accept any criticism or improvements that are suggested :)

I've also tried to make creatures that animate well, so if you can see any improvements that can be made ill try to implement them :)

Thats enough of my waffling, onto the creatures (click on the names if you want to go to the sporepedia page):

Creatures

Mui - Arms are overrated

Jeepi - Herbivores that live in small groups in rocky wastelands. They have developed the crystal like growths on their back to blend in with the surrounding environment if attacked.

Shumi Tu - This was my first dragon design and i'm quite pleased with it overall

Shey - A zebra like creature that lives on large plains in huge herds. The large numbers help to protect against the predators that stalk the plains, picking off the weak and elderly. They can be used as strong and reliable pack animals if tamed.

Fumi

Camel and Hellback Camel - This is one of my evilified (definately a word :P) animals. Theres a couple on my sporepedia and I can do more if there is demand.

Xaru - Fixed :D I finally got him to upload by removing a couple of fur parts.

Logi

Sida

Toot - Space pig ftw :D

Tauru

Fusuus - Heavily inspired by Antonius87's Diand because I love his creature :D

Simple Creature Designs
Levi Crab - Not much is known about them as they are very rarely seen, however it is expected that they live near volcanic vents at the bottom of the ocean.

Tuya - The Tuya are very simple creatures with very small brains. Somehow they are still able to levitate, much to the amazement of scientists. They move using bursts of air stored in their bodies which gives them a hopping motion.

Zjar - Most of their head is made up of a large sphere of skin which is filled with helium from the atmosphere around them. Regulation of the helium levels allows them to float around smoothly in search of small insects to eat.

Tuti - Tuti birds are extrmely small and they move around in the undergrowth in search of fruit and small insects. Although they are birds they have no wings, and their swimming and running abilities are also lacking. This is the reason for their constant bad mood.

My sporepedia can be found here if you're interested. I've made a few more creatures which i can post here if they're wanted. I just wanted to get some intial feedback first :) I can also put more screenshots later if people want.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:22:40 pm by Alvin Flummox »

My Sporepedia. Please take a look and comment :)
Also, feel free to look at My thread

Offline Skyward

• Arm Wrestling Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Alvin's Sporepedia
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 04:59:50 pm »
WOW, those are all great :o
keep it up!
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Out Run Speedster
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 05:02:05 pm »
Fumi looks like the kind of geeky, malformed creature I'd love to backstab just for kicks. Nice job!

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 05:18:12 pm »
Thankyou very much I appreciate the comments :)

Offline Skizzik

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 05:41:47 pm »
Shumi Tu is really good. It looks like a dragon with a very cat-like body. Your other creatures are very good as well.

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 06:00:55 pm »
I like your designs, they have lots of character. =)
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 06:06:19 pm »
i thought I'd put up a few more :)

Shusi - Lives in dense woodland areas, feeding on small herbivores. The mouth is situated on its tail for extra mobility.

Nurple and Nurple Runt - Nurples are very sociable creatures that enjoy singing and they can be heard from up to 5 miles away. Their loud calls are also used as a warning to any other creatures that get too close.

Raptor and Hellback Raptor - My remake of the Maxis creature Lizzey.

Fidje - Stalks dark wastelands at night looking for corpses to scavenge. Mostly hunts alone, although has been known to hunt in pairs and share any food found.

Thankyou again for the great comments and thankyou Pietoro, you're one of my favourite Spore artists.
I wasn't expecting the comments to be so nice :D I'll be sure to check out some of your creations and comment on them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:18:33 pm by Alvin Flummox »

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 11:17:19 am »
I thought I'd upload a few more recent creatures :)

Warp Strider - Inhabit a strange dark world where they prey on anything living unlucky enough to land on the surface. They feed only for the joy of the hunt, as they do not require food to survive.

Warp Beast - A zebra type creature that lives on a mysterious, far away world. They haunt and terrify anything unfortunate enough to land on the surface.

Warp Spider - I know it only has 6 legs but... whatever, who says space spiders dont have 6 legs?

Bone Strider - They spend much of their time scavenging boney wastelands and fighting with each other over the rare scattered corpses.

Flower Mantis - It's not a good idea to get within striking distance. Thats' if you can even see it.

I've also updated the screen shots for my other posts, so they should be better quality now :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:06:36 pm by Alvin Flummox »

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 02:47:50 pm »
Some more new creatures :D I havn't updated much recently because I've had a lot of college work to do and I'm in the middle of my university application.
I've also updated my other posts with a few more screenshots and some more descriptions :)

Kerin - Kerin live deep under the ocean in rocky crevices, waiting for a meal to pass by. They can go for a year without earting, and can live to be over 300 years old due to their very static lifestyles. They very rarely venture on to land, but they have been seen from time to time. The reasons for this sudden migration is unknown, as there have been no sightings in the last 400 years.

Shava -These brightly coloured horse like creatures roam through plains of rocks and gems in small herds, searching for rare plants and water. They use their intricate head armour during fights to compete for mates during the mating season. Tamed shava are very efficient and reliable pack animals, and can also be used as effective mounts.

Weeji Bugs - Weeji bugs live in underground burrows and come out at night to feed on smaller insects and herbivores. Due to the diversity of the species colour variations exist between different habitats and climates.

Seero - The tubes all over its body are used during mating rituals to play intricate 'music'. They can also be used to imitate other species to scare off predators and attract prey.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:12:36 pm by Alvin Flummox »

Offline cloud_dog_9

• Defender Devotee
  • Can life get any better? I submit that it can NOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 04:06:48 pm »
I like your creatures.  You can bet that as soon as the spore site is back up I will get on and comment yours.  Thanks for looking!

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 10:10:27 am »
Well, Spore is finally out and I've been playing it for a while so I thought I'd upload some of my vehicles and buildings :)

UFOs

The Lobster - Who doesnt want to look like a jet boosting lobster when destroying alien civilizations?

Tau Loneship - The Tau were a race of extremely intelligent and complex robots that spent much of their time travelling from galaxy to galaxy, watching organic species evolve and wage war on each other until their inevitable demise. The reason for their almost complete extinction is unknown, but the only remaining member of the species has given up on organic life and can now be seen exploring the universe in search of its lost ancestors.

Cardillian Bomber - Silent but deadly. Don't let them sneak up on you or you might just regret it.

Ark Angel - A ship constructed by the quickly expanding egyptian empire. Although it has very little in the way of firepower the egyptians have developed many defense devices such as active camouflage and a space jump mechanism. The ship is also boobytrapped to deter space pirates if a ship should fall into their hands.

Vehicles

Land Crawler - This mechanised biped is equipped with dual cannons (100mm) and six photon laser rifles. Although heavily armed and fast moving it is lightly armoured and can be easily destroyed if cornered. Their strength lies in hit and run tactics to destroy the enemy.

Buildings

The Planetarium - Admire the stars from afar with this fully equipped planetarium, even if you can't quite reach them yet.

Castle - A good old fashioned castle.

If anyone knows how to take photos of vehicles and buildings with a black background then please tell me so I can upload some. I don't like the photos with the editor as a background and the icons don't give a very good view :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:19:24 pm by Alvin Flummox »

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Alvin's Sporepedia (Now with Vehicles and Buildings!)
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 02:59:04 pm »
Haven't posted for ages so I thought I'd post a few more :)

Bunhip - Small violent cousins of the Bunburs. Work in swarms to take down large prey.

Eternium Power Core - The eternium power core produces a never ending supply of energy due to the complex fission reactions taking place inside the eternium metaballs. The power core was invented in 2143 by Jheyseff Duhe and eternium was quickly found to be the best material.

Ark Angel - A ship constructed by the quickly expanding egyptian empire. Although it has very little in the way of firepower the egyptians have developed many defense devices such as active camouflage and a space jump mechanism. The ship is also boobytrapped to deter space pirates if a ship should fall into their hands.

Delorisan -These creatures are well adapted to life in an artic wasteland. Thick fur provides them with protection against the harsh environment and raging arctic storms, and their horns allow them to take down prey with ease. They feed on small herbivores such as the Bunbur. (Can't get a bigger pic :()

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:03:22 pm by Alvin Flummox »