Author Topic: SporeTips Blog  (Read 20960 times)

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
SporeTips Blog
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:45:31 pm »
Hello, guys! I just started a blog about Spore, to share tips and show good content I find around the Sporepedia. I would be happy if you checked it out: sporetips.blogspot.com

So far I've only posted about myself, but I wish to feature other people's profiles, creations and tips. I'd like to feature in the "Check Out" section the profiles of AhavoRaboTaco, Jaleho and Pietoro (3 of my favorite creators), so if you guys are interested, just describe in a few words the guidelines or influences that go into your creatures. If you're in, I'll even keep a SPORE widget permanently in the sidebar of the blog, wich could be great advertising for your creatures.

Anyone else interested in being featured, can ask me here. I'll prioritize the ones I think are best, but please don't be offended by my personal tastes.

I'd also love if people sent me links for creatures they made with good creatortips, to go in the "Creator Tip" section.

I'm also open to suggestions... What you guys think would be cool to have in the blog?

Offline Blissmaker

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: SporeTips Blog
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 06:48:45 pm »
Hello, guys! I just started a blog about Spore, to share tips and show good content I find around the Sporepedia. I would be happy if you checked it out: sporetips.blogspot.com

So far I've only posted about myself, but I wish to feature other people's profiles, creations and tips. I'd like to feature in the "Check Out" section the profiles of AhavoRaboTaco, Jaleho and Pietoro (3 of my favorite creators), so if you guys are interested, just describe in a few words the guidelines or influences that go into your creatures. If you're in, I'll even keep a SPORE widget permanently in the sidebar of the blog, wich could be great advertising for your creatures.

Anyone else interested in being featured, can ask me here. I'll prioritize the ones I think are best, but please don't be offended by my personal tastes.

I'd also love if people sent me links for creatures they made with good creatortips, to go in the "Creator Tip" section.

I'm also open to suggestions... What you guys think would be cool to have in the blog?

I love the layout and colors, easy on the eyes, unlike some blogs. I love the widget on the side, and think the blog is a nice idea. Are you going to feature vehicles, buildings, and spaceships that you like once Spore comes out? since I don't have the full CC, only the trial I don't think my creatures are worthy, nor am I much of a good creature designer.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 06:51:43 pm by Blissmaker »

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 06:53:39 pm »
I love the layout and colors, easy on the eyes, unlike some blogs. I love the widget on the side, and think the blog is a nice idea. Are you going to feature vehicles, buildings, and spaceships that you like once Spore comes out?

Thanks! I tryed to blend the layout with the widget as well as I could, since the plan is having several creator's widgets on the side.

And while I plan on featuring mostly creators, would be cool to show great creations of all kinds, and themed sets of buildings, vehicles etc.

Offline Judhudson

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
    • SporePrograms
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:06:55 pm »
Not a bad idea, and pretty good start for a site.  Keep at it :)
Owner of SporePrograms & SimPrograms
http://www.sporeprograms.com - http://www.simprograms.com

Offline dananddna

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Sporepedia
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:10:54 pm »
I could see a blog like this becoming pretty big. Good idea Parkaboy.
-dananddna

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 07:11:50 pm »
Nice job!

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 08:05:24 pm »
Thanks, guys! I really hope this grows... Maybe soon I'll add more authors to the blog, if people submit good stuff for posts.

Offline Blissmaker

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 08:09:12 pm »
Thanks, guys! I really hope this grows... Maybe soon I'll add more authors to the blog, if people submit good stuff for posts.

Wait....blogspot lets you add other people as authors? Didn't know that.

(BTW,I haz writing skillz, I love Spore, I am kinda bored and need something to do until Spore comes out, afterwards, I will need something to draw me away from Spore for a while)

Just throwing that out there. *cough*

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 08:17:46 pm »
this is pretty neat! so what kind of stuff are you looking for?

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 08:46:38 pm »
The tips in and posted in the asymmetry post would be a good start.

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 09:21:09 pm »
Great blog concept! =)
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 09:32:39 pm »
That Tapeface is all sorts of awesome....

Offline Evildude

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 10:33:54 pm »
I tried to make a creature using the same idea as tapeface, it didn't come out great, but with some practice I'm sure I'll get it. And I totally did not know about that Tab thing. Thanks for the tips!

Also, I have a 10MBs of creatures I saved in a somewhat organized folder system. Would you be interested in it?
I need a sig because the lack of one annoys me.
Life, the Universe, and Everything
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Evildude

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 05:34:14 am »

(BTW,I haz writing skillz, I love Spore, I am kinda bored and need something to do until Spore comes out, afterwards, I will need something to draw me away from Spore for a while)

Just throwing that out there. *cough*

Well, let's see how the blog goes. If you find any creators or tips worth noticing, send me a mail to sporetips@gmail.com, with link and text, so I can see if you could be a good author (my english isn't perfect, so it wouldn't be hard to please me with your writing skills).

Great blog concept! =)

Hey, Pietoro! Send me a few lines telling a little about how you make creatures if you're interested on a feature and a place for your widget on the blog. You know I love your stuff.

I tried to make a creature using the same idea as tapeface, it didn't come out great, but with some practice I'm sure I'll get it. And I totally did not know about that Tab thing. Thanks for the tips!

Also, I have a 10MBs of creatures I saved in a somewhat organized folder system. Would you be interested in it?

Sure. I'm interested in any kind of good content. Though I'll probably ask for permission of creators before posting anything in the forum.

Offline Evildude

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 11:15:16 am »
Sure. I'm interested in any kind of good content. Though I'll probably ask for permission of creators before posting anything in the forum.

That might be a bit difficult, since I didn't really keep track(Their name shows up on the card ingame so I didn't think it was necessary). Oh well.
I need a sig because the lack of one annoys me.
Life, the Universe, and Everything
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Evildude