Author Topic: I don't get some of you people...  (Read 7676 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: I don't get some of you people...
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2008, 02:42:35 am »
I don't get some of you people...

... who point out that cell is the "proper" way of starting things. There is no "proper" way of starting Spore. It's the whole point of the game. The player can do whatever he/she/it wants. Not be restricted by a level-by-level system.

Personally, I would start at Space and do it "my way," the way it's "meant to be played." Free of restrictions.

I really don't plan on conforming to the "normal" evolutionary timeline like the one people say about Earth or Darwin IV. So in my case, the space stage would be the "proper" one. Since, after all, my creatures start out with space-faring technology.

It all depends on the player's will.

And the plot.

Offline sporeticus

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Who shall I sting next?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2008, 03:00:47 am »
And the plot.

What's a plot? I think I used to have one, but lost it years ago  :P
There is no real plot to the game, is there? I mean, yeah, there's the 'end of the game' to reach, which could be considered a plot. I supposed you can only really make your own plot/story in space. The other stages have you completing certain goals, so you could make up your own story, but with a limited amount of freedom.

Space stage is the true sandbox. Go where you like, do what you like, at your own pace.
If you really need an answer as to why people will jump in at space, I suppose it's that full freedom that's offered, without the restrictions imposed in the other stages.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2008, 03:25:17 am »
Whatever the case its a single player game with cheats. Thus you could play it however you want. Be it playing it the hardcore style on the highest difficulty from the beginning of the game OR the movie maker style where you cheat and unlock everything and use it as a sandbox to make Machinima Spore videos for YouTube. There is everything in between. From the constructive style playing editors like they are clay or Legos OR the destructive style where you kill everything on sight and blow up planets like there is no tomorrow. There is no wrong way to play Spore... except with the power off.

Offline sporeticus

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Who shall I sting next?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2008, 03:30:05 am »
except with the power off.

In that case, I'd just jump into bed, close my eyes, and continue playing in my mind :-D

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2008, 03:39:33 am »
But then you won't be able to upload it to Youtube, or to Imageshack, or to Photobucket, or share it with your friends, or... :P

Anyway:

And the plot.

What's a plot? I think I used to have one, but lost it years ago  :P

What? :P

V   V   V

It all depends on the player's will.

And the plot...

... the player has in mind. :P  :P  :P

On another note, Hydro pretty much summed up my opinion on this.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 03:44:56 am by Yuu »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2008, 07:23:34 am »
I'll be playing through start to finish and taking lots of screen shots and notes for my website.  Sadly this too deminishes the cake value a little (like haveing to get up and let the dog out after every bite or something), but I think it will still be fun.  I think skipping to space may be rough since it's interface is really complex and built on the previous rounds of play.

Offline Captain Indigo

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2008, 07:56:28 am »
I'll be playing through start to finish and taking lots of screen shots and notes for my website.  Sadly this too deminishes the cake value a little (like haveing to get up and let the dog out after every bite or something), but I think it will still be fun.  I think skipping to space may be rough since it's interface is really complex and built on the previous rounds of play.

I say for the first play-through, ignore the website and just enjoy yourself. Go back and do it later, when you're even more knowledgeable.

^^Click^^

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2008, 08:36:04 am »
Let's just say I'm starting at the beginning. Why wouldn't I? I'd miss ALOT if I didn't.
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline LoneStarSage

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • A true modern hero
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Group
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2008, 02:33:27 pm »
Yep, it has to be from the beginning.   From the spore/cell stage to space.    I will have plenty of time to explore the space stage once I get there.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2008, 03:23:59 pm »

I say for the first play-through, ignore the website and just enjoy yourself. Go back and do it later, when you're even more knowledgeable.
ya, i'd say just enjoy the game the first time through, go slowly if you want, savore it, and then work on making your website the ultimate spore encyclopedia. besides, i'll be too busy playing spore to even goto your website for a while. :P
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Captain Indigo

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2008, 03:46:43 pm »

ya, i'd say just enjoy the game the first time through, go slowly if you want, savore it, and then work on making your website the ultimate spore encyclopedia. besides, i'll be too busy playing spore to even goto your website for a while. :P

Exactly. There's no point working on it right away, as people won't be looking at it - they'll be playing the game.

^^Click^^