Author Topic: So ... how many Brits here?  (Read 13501 times)

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
Re: So ... how many Brits here?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2005, 06:15:55 pm »
I've o nly seen it once, and I didn't know what was going on. Everything else I've heard about it was from HGttG (I got tired of typing out Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so this is the last time).
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2005, 08:50:10 pm »
I've been to England before. Loved it. Sure, London was awesome, and we saw all the typical tourist sites. (Stonehenge, British Museum, Westminster Abbety, Prime Meridian, etc.)

But my fondest memories are from the days we spent at Herstmonceux castle. (Well, actually the place right next to it. Not sure what you'd call it--I know students stayed at.) Dang, that was an awesome place. Really let us see some of the great behind-the-scenes stuff of England that you don't really get to see in London or the other big cities.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 03:19:13 am »
I don't get the tourist obsession with London - after you go shopping there once it gets boring twice because you've been everywhere (but you can never buy anything good because it's all horrendously overpriced).  Give me Munich or Rome over London anyday.

Offline Mr.Heat

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 03:26:38 am »
I live in Israel, Near Haifa City....

Heat

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2005, 03:37:22 am »
I live in Israel, Near Haifa City....

Heat

Ooh, you pleased about the draw with Ireland?  They're quite a good side so yeah.  Israel have a great chance of qualifying actually (World Cup) - good luck against France... they're not all that good.

Offline Mr.Heat

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 04:27:10 am »
Lol, yeah most Isrealis were happy about the draw! i was one of them!

I hope we can get a fair result with France, and Seeing Roy Kean, Kilbane, And Duff was great! ;D

Sorry for going off topic
Heat

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 05:27:28 am »
Duff is quality yeah.

Offline Pestlett

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 06:29:36 am »
 I don't post often, but I'm from England. Liverpool in fact, the scumiest city after Manchester. Although now we've been give Capital of Culture 2008, the city is getting cleaned and is starting to look like Manchester City Centre. It's horrible, also we're building the ugliest building ever on the Mersey water front. It's a building in the shape of an asteroid it's so ugly.
 Anyway enough about England it's crap, I'm just working at the moment so I can leave and go to Thailand. I'ld love to live in Canada or Australia though, they seem to be the best country's to live.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 06:46:23 am »
Yeah Liverpool is a right dump.  I hated it when i went there and the people are generally thieving little bindippers (sorry but it's true - car got keyed, house i was staying at got broken into, teenagers were much more rowdy than down South) - never ever going there again. 

Offline Anou Mawi

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2005, 12:12:01 am »
Football is crap!

*Gets killed*
Football is great, unless you are using it in the Western way, I hate American Foot ball, I love Soccer(football)
I am British by blood.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 04:53:14 pm »
I was fortunate enough to get to spend my junior year of college in London studying theatre.  Gamed a lot.  Hung out in subways and watched the Buskers while reading.  I really loved being able to walk around everywhere.  Being an American, especially one from Tennessee makes me long for a (somewhat) efficient form of public transportation.  I also miss the sausages.  Aside from that, I spent my childhood in Nigeria which isn't European but somewhat Anglophonic so I thought I'd mention it.  Missionary parents.  I am very white although technically an African American.  -leeman

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2005, 06:36:46 pm »
Football, Football and Soccer are for people with weak, manipulatable minds.

Long live Spore!

Offline Cosmo

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2005, 07:03:23 pm »
I'm Australian, but my mother's side is British so I guess it makes me what? Half-British?

Wouldn't mind going to England, for a while, but then I wouldn't mind going anywhere different for a while.

Melbourne's an okay place to live, but I really want to go to Canada for a while, I've heard such good things.

fun fact: Melbourne used to be nicknamed Smelbourne for all the sewrege.

Offline Gil

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2005, 02:07:51 am »
I'm Dutch :)  I live on an island in the north called Texel

Offline James Shields

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • I'm the best of the best you can forget the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2005, 04:44:56 am »
I'm scottish

I live in a small town called Kilbirnie west of Glasgow, its nice up here in Scotland but we have a real problem with Anti Social behaviour just now.
Violets are blue, roses are red.
I'm coming aboard prepare to eat lead.