Author Topic: SouledOne's Contest: Book Creature Recreation *Prizes*  (Read 1462 times)

Offline SouledOne

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Souled
SouledOne's Contest: Book Creature Recreation *Prizes*
« on: August 09, 2008, 11:51:50 am »
Heya, I thought I'd give the Gamingsteve community a chance at this contest I've put on the official spore forum. The link to the contest (and where you will need to post if you want to enter) is here: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=406132&tstart=0

-----------------

Well, here's my first contest and of course I'm involving prizes into this mix. This will be the first of a series of contests, the others will begin when Spore comes out in September.

The purpose of this contest is to create your own version of the "spider" from Souled, an online novel. Over the course of the next two weeks I will take in all submissions then come up with three winners at the end.

The rules are as followed:

1. Download the first chapter of Souled and find the description of the spider (don't worry it's a free download) on Page 9.
2. Create your own version of the Spider in the Spore Creature Creator.
3. Post them here: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=406132&tstart=0 by August 22nd

http: //www.bookhabit.com/book_details.php? book_id=249#

The creations will be judged as followed:

1. Adherence to material
2. Coloring
3. Originality (a bit of originality while sticking to the design is a very good thing)
4. Movement (it must move well)

There will be three winners. The first place winner will receive a T-shirt of his/her creation and a physical copy of the novel. Two runner-ups will receive physical copies of the novel. All at cost to me, the winners will just need to send me a pm with their addresses.

Now you might be saying that this is a marketing thing, and it is. If you like what you see in the book you might just want to buy a copy. But in the meantime you can have some fun for free and possibly win a prize.

I look forward to any and all submissions, good luck.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: SouledOne's Contest: Book Creature Recreation *Prizes*
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 11:57:38 am »
I don't know about this, plus the point of the contests that we have is to be creative, not produce the best reproduction of something.

Offline SouledOne

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Souled
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:01:52 pm »
*shrugs* I give points for creativity while maintaining the basic design. It's just supposed to be a fun little contest and you get soething out of it if you win. If you don't want to participate you don't have to  :P

Offline SouledOne

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Souled
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 04:34:21 pm »
Oh well, there is a week left for anyone that still might want to participate with the others.