Author Topic: Beast Tamers!  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
Beast Tamers!
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:27:37 am »
This is my first RP on these forums, so tell me what I need to fix.

First, there were chimps and salamanders. Then there were cavemen and pteroactyls. Now the are humans and dragons! For as long as documented history can tell, elves, orcs, dwarves, humans, mermen, dragons, and sea serpents have lived together in harmony.

The relationship was mutually beneficial. Elves would breed the dragons, in return gaining their cosmic knowledge of eclipses, exuanoxes etc. The dwarves would build stone buildings and walls in return for living space. The orcs would *ahem* "keep the peace" in order to satiate their lust for combat without fear of retaliation. The humans worked as diplomats, politicians, and militiamen, working with elves and settling disputes in order to maintain peaceful relationships with other races. The mermen would create irrigation systems in return for military support.

When mermen came of age (13 years old) they would visit the Great Hydrus Shrine. When they succesfully climbed the steps, they would place blood onto the shrine. If the gods deemed the blood pure, a sea serpent would come down and bathe the child in mystical power, giving the merman/maid the ability the walk and breathe on land like a human. When above water, they had legs, when below, they had flippers. If the child was brave enough to venture above ground for a week, then an egg would appear where the blood once was. When the egg hatched, a young sea serpent would emerge. The merchild and the sea serpent would become partners for life, gaining a constant mental bond. The child would also gain the ability to manipulate and generate ice, water, or wind. Sea serpents can function and fly on land so long as their partner was with them.

Humans, orcs, elves, and dwarves would have a similar ceremony, Except instead of the Great Hydrus shrine, they used the great Draco Shrine. They would stay under water for a week, and a dragon egg would appear. Dragons would replace Sea serpents, and when they were together, they would function normally under water.  The child could manipulate and generate: fire, electricity, rock, or plants (ensnaring vines, carnivorous flowers, poison spores etc.).

At first all was peaceful. Until the secret civilization know only as The Forbidden began mounting attacks on the capital cities of Nathrakdal and Sitnalta. In order to protect their last hope of survival, the races sent their beast tamers into the wild before the attacks, hoping that they would one day be strong enough to rescue them!

Here is the Bio Form and a sample (that will be my bio):

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Race:
Weapon: (elves: Crossbow, bow and arrow, sword and shield) (Dwarf: Axe, Hammer, mace)(Orc: Hammer, Axe, war club) (Human: Sword and shield, mace, Crossbow)(mermen: Harpoon, Steel Net, Sword)
Skills:
Element:
Dragon/ serpent Color: (should correspond with element)
Dragon Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:

Name: Orgo Mak
Height: 5'10
Weight: 200 lbs
Race: Orc
Weapon: Battle Axe
Skills: Enhanced strength and speed, reduced endurance. (He can dish it out, but he can't take it)
Element: Fire
Dragon Color: Red orange
Dragon Name: Brisngr
Appearance: Large, brutish, and muscular. Dark green skin tone. Red hair in a MASCULINE ponytail
Personality: Despite his thuggish appearance, he is quite intelligent, condescending, and calculating. However; he has a strong sense of loyalty to people who earn his respect. While he hates the concept of killing (except for food), when he becomes enraged, he goes on a frenzy, mutilating everything in his path.
History: Born In the Nathrakdal police district. Orgo grew up with violence and bloodshed all around him. At first, he enjoyed watching it, and emulated it during his spare time, until he got grim news: his father had been killed. Since that day, he has had an aversion to blood and killing. But he will go to any lengths to prevent the deaths of those close to him.

I need at least 3 More People before we start, and At least one of them needs to be a merman/maid. If I get 3 new people, I will wait 12 hours before we actually start. I will Post every day from 5:15- 7:45 EST
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:29:45 pm by Mighdas »

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Beast Tamers!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:55:17 pm »
Couple things first off I'm figuring were fighting these forbidden but why are we called beast tamers?

Second instead of sword and shield can I use a two handed broad sword?

Lastly how exactly will we play this out since someone is going to have to be the protagonist and antagonist

other than that I'm interested

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 04:47:36 am »
1. Beast Tamers is a working title, I might change it

2. Like the ones Zuko has on Avatar? Sure

3. We'd Probably spend a short time in the woods, heading south to the Forbidden stronghold, As we got closer, the Demons would get stronger. When we get to the Tower, We would advance to the top to fight the great Demon, who would fight us in a separate Dimension with different physics.

Offline Limeade

• Fire Truck Driver
  • General of Eternity's Militia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:51:05 am »
What a fanciful fetish! Don't take this wrong though, I am merely observing. Please continue!
//~One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.~//

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 01:49:36 pm »
Ah, why not
Name: Rayan Nair
Height: 4'90
Weight: 180 lbs
Race: Merman
Weapon: Harpoon + Sword
Skills: Enhanced speed and dexterity, reduced strength. (More defensive)
Element: Ice
Dragon Color: White
Dragon Name: Kyona
Appearance: Slim, not very muscular. Long black hair, darkblue skin tone. (I have no idea what skin colour mermen have :p)
Personality: He appears puny, but what he lacks in strength, he makes up in speed and dexterity. He can swiftly avoid blows, while dealing them.
History: Rayan wen through the ritual at the young age of 5, he generally avoids battle because of his feeble strength. His parents got killed in the Great Battle of Sitnalta. He swore to avenge them, at any cost.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 08:59:09 am »
The search for two more people is still on!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 09:04:10 am »
Looks good, I think you're going to have fun time with this Mighdas! We've got a couple topics with some good refresher info and whatnot for people making RPs. You can find them here and here, check them out. Maybe you'll find something you've missed, otherwise you're looking good! :)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 10:52:16 pm »
Pretty awesome, imo. :)

Too bad I don't have the time. :(

Good luck, though! 8)

Oh, and if you're interested, Mighdas, you might want to check in on some of the guys at WorldRealms. They might like to join, since they're pretty into fantasy themed stories and they are trying to get some RPs going on. :)

Hope this turns out to be great. :)

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 07:51:46 pm »
*Sigh* Still Searching...

Offline Cornithdown

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 02:45:55 am »
Is this going ahead? If so, I'll join.

Name: Lakida Monsa
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 70 kg
Race: Human
Weapon: Crossbow
Skills: Good at sneaking, but low endurance.
Element: Fire
Dragon/ serpent Color: (should correspond with element)
Dragon Name: Arba
Appearance: A large dragon, with only average strength and poor dexterity. He is intelligent, though.
Personality: Accepts his fate, but attempts as much as possible to be witty at his master's expense.
History: Lakida Monsa was the son of a nobleman, and didn't exactly like the idea of being a Beast Tamer- ideally, he just wanted a quiet life on his family's rich estates. But everbody else had to do it, so he ended up going through the rituals- and getting stuck with Arba. He accepted Arba but didn't exactly want him around, and in time the feeling became mutual.

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 12:21:33 pm »
Wait... Is your Dragon red? Put that in and you are approved.

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 05:32:45 pm »
I wanna join.

Name:Patik Opelsin
Height: 4'4
Weight: 160lbs
Race: Dwarf
Weapon: Mace
Skills: Enhanced strength and endurance, reduced speed(tank)
Element: Wind
Dragon/ serpent Color: Cloudy Grey
Dragon Name: D'lor
Appearance: An average sized dwarf. Grey hair, long beard. He wears nothing but grey armor/clothes.
Personality: Likes to stir things up, make people TRY to hit him.
History: Patik was one of the few dwarves who went with the wind. He let whatever could happen, happen. His decisions affected not only him, but others around him, taking him where he is today.

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 07:30:37 pm »
Wonderful! But due to school Issues, I won't be able to start until Sunday... maybe Saturday.

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 03:16:37 pm »

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 09:04:32 pm »
Bump?