Author Topic: Weird message from Xbox Live  (Read 1918 times)

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
Weird message from Xbox Live
« on: August 03, 2008, 01:53:48 pm »
Hey, I got this really weird message from xbox live, and I wondered if any of you could fill me on what the hell it's about.

It all starts when I switch on the box to buy Geometry Wars 2, and I notice that my account seems to have been randomly given 500 ms points. I discounted this on the grounds that I must have been so excited for Geo Wars 2 I had purchased said points and simply forgotten. I proceeded to boot up geometry wars 2 and bask in it's euphoric neon explosivistation.

Later, however, I discovered a strange message in my xbox inbox. It was a message from xbox live, stating that 500 points had been deposited to my account free of charge, in relation to the GTAIV pre-sell promotion. And that they were sorry for any inconvenience caused, thanking me for supporting the xbox live service

Do you happen to know what this message could be referring too, I bought GTAIV on it's launch day and redeemed the 500 point card in the box without problems, so I can't see what this message must be apologising for.

Either way, it was nice of Microsoft to pay for my copy of Geometry Wars 2 :p

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Weird message from Xbox Live
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »
Either it was a lucky mistake by them for you or they could be compensating people who didn't get a free month of live service with their purchase of GTA? Those are gong to be my guesses.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
Re: Weird message from Xbox Live
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 02:02:16 pm »
Yeah I did actually get the free month of live too, I suppose it must've been a lucky mistake.