Author Topic: Floating Mouths Glitch  (Read 1977 times)

Offline fdkotor

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Floating Mouths Glitch
« on: July 30, 2008, 08:13:03 pm »
I'm having issues on the creature creator in attaching mouths to limbs. What happens is that when I attach it, it sometimes moves by itself and when reacting it disconnects from the limb I attached it to. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this glitch without just placing mouths on the bodies.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Floating Mouths Glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 08:17:00 pm »
yea, its like the mouths weren't meant to be stuck onto the end of a limb. There isn't really any way to fix this glitch, although it may help to put the head a little way down the limb. If it's attached horizontially with a horizontial limb, it generally works fine.

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 10:09:20 pm »
But in one of his demos, Will Wright put a mouth on his creatures limbs. There should be no reason why you aren't supposed to. :/

I'm sure they've fixed it in the full game.

Offline fdkotor

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:30:13 pm »
But in one of his demos, Will Wright put a mouth on his creatures limbs. There should be no reason why you aren't supposed to. :/

Did you see what happened to the mouth that was on the limb?

Offline SporeAustin

• Pong Paddle
  • My name is Austin, and I love Spore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 12:59:00 am »

I think the glitch happens when you edit the already set limbs, and add mouths...??..But maybe if you use a default limb and add a mouth, maybe it would work..??

IDK

Offline Tobias

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 09:49:29 pm »
  I normally have the same bug too, but occasionally I luck out and end up doing things just right, and it works perfectly.  I normally don't post a creature without thinking of a better name and basic story, but I put this creature up to show what I mean.  I'm not sure if this is the right way to link it, so I apologize if it doesn't work.(http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500007637556%3Asast-500007637556)

If that link doesn't work my sporepedia page is (http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Tobias) and it's the creature called Tangu.  I only have a few creatures up so he's easy to find.

I think he illustrates that when done right with a little bit of luck, mouths can work quite well on limbs.
Earth has been a lovely place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live here.