Author Topic: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan  (Read 22284 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 04:18:41 pm »
((I was hoping the Vyuski couldn't translate pure H'qur (Marked by the ~ in my posts)))

//Why are you not able to?//

Offline Kenotai

  • Krull Slayer
  • *****
  • Posts: 2375
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 05:11:48 am »
((I thought the "very well" was to me, all this is still kinda new to me, I apologize in advance for any further mistake.  Just PM me the nitty gritty of what to put around speech, with examples.))


//We fear of being tracked by the beings of "Jalesoke".  In addition, it is impossible for us to boost our power, it was depleted by the trip here.  The third reason is we cannot speak the planet bound being's language.//
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:11:52 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08


Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 07:10:08 pm »
((One thing I forgot; I use colors to denote the two different H'qur ships here. It's not common, but I use it because H'qur do not have names in the way we think of it. The best way to approximate a H'qur name is with an equation, usually complex, so I just leave their names out of it and use colors. A note here, the "red-brown" H'qur in this RP is not the "red-brown" H'qur of another RP. Colors are reset for each new RP.))

//Scoutship hears and understands. Decompilation procedure initiated. Sample of language?//

The scout ship updated the mother ship of it's progress again.

Offline Josasa

  • Commando Soldier
  • *****
  • Posts: 4001
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 07:42:56 pm »
((Hope you don't mind if i join in. If you do just say so and i'll delete my post. Shouldn't be too big of a role though.))

At some point amid this large gathering of races emerged a large ship. It slipped out of warp, slowly making its way towards the planet and the large number of ships around it. Grotesque in appearance, but beautiful in nature, the large ship was an ungainly craft. There was no order in its design, small orbs clung to the hull, large beams jutted away from the ship, and large holes appeared and disappeared throughout the craft.

The size of the ship was breathtaking. It was definitely the largest ship at the gathering, but this was justified due to its purpose. Aboard the ship were the last remnants of the Nakaman race. The Noinu, as the ship was called, was the only ship to have survived from the destruction of the Nakaman race at the hands of the monstrosity known as the Klameritus.

Over the years of its many wanderings, small additions had been constructed along the ship, expanding it so as to better support the passengers that called the Noinu home. It had expanded and expanded to the point that none of the original hull was visible from the outside. Even the engines had been removed for a time and placed in a different position to allow for better navigation.

Aboard the large ship, the captain stood at the bridge, listening to all the information that was streaming in.

//Many signals detected. Several large alien vessels are in the area. Intentions unknown. Announced the navigational AI.

At this point everyone was staring at the captain, awaiting his orders. It was general policy aboard the ship to avoid all outside contact, especially those that had ships which were capable of space travel.

But this time conflicting thoughts were arising within the captain's head.

Perhaps these creatures have valuable resources we could use. Mysterious Being knows that this ship can use anything we get. Especially strong metals... At this point the captain was pacing back and forth along the bridge. He felt many pairs of eyes pointed in his direction. But there is always the threat of total Nakaman annihilation. I would not want to be the person responsible for that, even if no one else would truly know that. Since everyone else is dead...

For several minutes the captain paced back and forth, going over what to do in his head. Eventually he came to a decision.

"Broadcast this message."

//Greetings many races of the large void. We are the Nakama. We are peaceful wanderers. All that we ask is for a chance to trade valuable materials. We have much to offer, having visited many different systems and come across many different phenomena. If you wish us to leave, please say so.//

This was played on a loop so as to allow the different races a chance at deciphering and understanding the language. Meanwhile the Noinu kept its distance from the planets and ships, hoping that this position wouldn't provoke anything.

Offline 4d

  • Space Invaders Junkie
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 09:21:48 pm »
(sorry I haven't been able to post, I'm on vacation ;D)
[to Josasa]

Galaxymaster Ieh'koles paced reslessly. Comms, have you managed to decipher that transmission?" "No Galaxymaster," replied the junior officer, "I was about to send it to the decrypters at Firmworld" "No!" roared Ieh'koles. "If that transmission gets there, we could all be annihilated! Run it through the binary and let the computer work on translating it-tell it to look for common symbols, since those would likely be the same letter, possibly our eh" After a few seconds of typing commands, the junior reported that the computer was attempting on decoding the transmission. Feeling slightly better, Ieh'koles sat down at his command throne. Typing a few commands into an armrest-keypad, he hurridly sent a transmission to the alien ship, consisting mostly of old legends and a plea for a diplomatic meeting (with truly peaceful intentions. seriously)

Offline Kenotai

  • Krull Slayer
  • *****
  • Posts: 2375
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 07:42:42 am »
((With the exception of the H'qur and Gosaan, almost all the races in this RP are NG.  Also, Yay Nakama ;D ;D.  The Fiikkal might join in as well, this RP sure is getting crowded.))

~"Sir, a new ship has come into view, and it's even larger than the mother ship of that scoutship there.  They are now transmitting a signal, foreign language."~

~"Any hope of deciphering?"~

~"There is an experimental equation that was successful in the translation of different Vykusi dialects."~

~"It's worth a try then."~

~"The message read as follows, sir."~
//Greetings from many large enterprises in empty. We Nakama. We are peaceful Wanderers. All that we ask is an opportunity to trade in precious materials. We have much to offer, which had been in several different systems and to meet a wide range of phenomena. If you want our to leave you can say about it.//

~"Sounds like a mutual enemy of the "Jalesoke" beings.  Tell them that we desire face to face communication, transmit that to the scoutship as well, we should all discuss our mutual problems.  Transmit our translation equation to the Nakama ship too."~

~"Yes, sir."~

//Nakama and scoutship beings, we desire face to face communications, what say you?//

~"Transmitting equation to Nakama now."~

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 07:15:08 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08


Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Josasa

  • Commando Soldier
  • *****
  • Posts: 4001
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 09:48:23 am »
The Noinu floated in space far away from all the action, if there was any going on at the time. They were patiently waiting for any signals that might come their way. Eventually, a signal finally did reach them.

It was directly routed to several of the AI's allowing them to mull over the transmissions in an attempt to decipher them. They would be able to do it much faster that any of the computers onboard.

The captain had just received word that transmissions had been received when the bridge's AI announced that they had completed the deciphering process.

"Already?!" the captain asked incredulously.

"Yes. A series of mathematics was transmitted along with the message. This allowed for easier deciphering. Here is the message."

Everyone quickly stopped what they were doing as the message was played over the loudspeakers of the entire ship, rather than just the bridge.

//Nakama and scoutship beings, we desire head to head communications. Yes, no?//

An audible sigh could almost be heard throughout the entire ship. This transmission showed that they were more likely to be friendly than hostile, seeing as they were inviting the beginning of diplomatic relations. Of course, they could just be inviting them to their destruction, but that was unlikely.

"What should be done captain?" asked the AI.

"Send them this message back." The captain proceeded to rattle of his response.

//Greetings being of the void. We too would like to engage in head to head communications. We would prefer though, that these meetings take place aboard our ship. Most of us Nakama have not stepped outside our ship for many years and feel anxious and unsafe if we do. I hope you understand.//

[Gosaan's Transmission]
When that was done the AI spoke up again.

"Captain, another transmission was received at roughly the same time as the first transmission. It took longer to decode, this being the reason you were not informed. We have decoded it now. The message plays as follows."

The new message played around the bridge. It was a very rough transmission, but the premise of it was obvious. These creatures were telling tales of their history and calling for a diplomatic meeting.

"Send them this message," the captain ordered when the message was done playing. It was sent out in the Gosaan tongue.

//Greetings Gosaan beings. We wish to conduct a trade meeting, exchanging our valuables for yours. What is your reply?//

Offline Kenotai

  • Krull Slayer
  • *****
  • Posts: 2375
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 10:18:32 am »
~"Captain, new transmission"~

//Greetings being of the void. We too would like to engage in head to head communications. We would prefer though, that these meetings take place aboard our ship. Most of us Nakama have not stepped outside our ship for many years and feel anxious and unsafe if we do. I hope you understand.//

~"Tell them we will comply with their request"~

//Nakama beings, we will meet on your ship.  It would be best to retransmit what you told us to the larger ship as well as the scoutship.//
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08


Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Kenobro

  • Space Harrier
  • *****
  • Posts: 4086
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 10:44:34 am »
The Fiikkalian ship Skrr's Destiny, Captain Oeaiou commanding, had detected an explosion within the vicinity of the Skrr System. It was a massive explosion.  It had gone to investigate. 

~"Captain, we are coming to the system where the large explosion was detected."~

~"Send the beings of this system a transmission asking them how this happened."~

//Lowly beings of this system, we ask that you identify yourselves and state the cause of the explosion on this planet!//

~"Prepare pod launchers((OOC:Launches pods that contain invasion forces, or boarding parties.)) in case they don't comply."~
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:52:24 am by Kenobro »


Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 02:11:08 pm »
Once the Scoutship had recieved the initial request for face-to-face diplomacy, a long calculation session began on the mother ship, with several H'qur assessing the best way to conduct this form of negotiation. A diplomat was chosen, and a transport prepaired.

//Diplomat transport ready. Target?// was transmitted to the Vyuski.

To the Nakama; //Trade accepted. Negotiation?//

Offline Josasa

  • Commando Soldier
  • *****
  • Posts: 4001
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 02:58:11 pm »
The captain had finally taken a seat in the commanding chair, a seat that dominated the center of the bridge. Because he was the captain of the ship, he was also the commander of the entire Nakaman race, seeing as they were all aboard the Noinu. Over a period of several minutes a group of transmissions were received from the beings around the planets.

A message from the Noinu was sent to all beings within the system.

//Those wishing to conduct trade will be welcomed aboard the Nakaman ship. We are transmitting the location where you can enter our ship. It is being prepared as we speak. We hope that this trade can be conducted peacefully, and as a precaution, we ask that all weapons be deactivated, or left behind if possible.

Any race that wishes to speak directly to the Nakaman leader need only ask. We hope to have a fair and even trade.//


When this was done the captain made his way out of the bridge and headed towards the monorail system that transported beings throughout the ship. A private car was waiting for him.

He quickly got aboard with a few of his advisors following him. Within several minutes they had arrived at the docking bay that was being prepared for the alien creatures.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »
The H'qur diplomat was prepaired for departure, and was supplied with a mental list of surplus supplies and those needing replenishing. The transport launched from the mother ship, looking like nothing more than a small asteroid, untill it began to accelerate towards the Nakaman ship's docking bay. It was rather surreal watching it, for it had no obvious means of propulsion, only a power core that registered on sensors. Further scanning below the rocky surface reveiled a metallic object, which in turn housed some sort of boneless organism.

The craft slowed as it approached the docking bay enterance. Even after it was in the atmosphere of the bay, whatever engine it used made no sound. Articulated, spider-like legs unfolded from the craft's surface as it touched down lightly on the deck, a quick wash of air passing the waiting Nakama as the transport checked it's momentum.

Several long moments passed. Then, with a hiss of rushing air, a single hatch opened on the transport's underside, forming a ramp. A large metallic sphere rolled down, the lights of the bay and the images of the waiting Nakama reflecting off it's brilliantly pollished surface. After clearing the underside of the craft, three long, spindly legs unfolded from the sphere, raising it up to Nakaman height.

//Diplomat present. Negotiations may begin.// buzzed from the tripod in a crude approximation of a Nakaman voice.

Offline 4d

  • Space Invaders Junkie
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 04:23:46 pm »
...we await your reply" as the message replayed for the dozenth time, Ieh'koles came to his decision. Typing a hurried reply, he said that he would send a shuttle to the new Outspacer's ship, piloted by him as head diplomat (accompanied of course by a few bodyguards) to negotiate, and possibly to unite against both the Firm and the Damned Outspacers. Without waiting for a reply, Ieh'koles dressed in his best battlegear and had departed his ship, heading towards what he hoped would be a peaceful understanding.

Vol'eos, meanwhile, was sitting in a cell in a Consquar prison, protesting his innocence. He hadn't seen his assassins since he had been arrested. Hoping that they could at least carry out their mission for the good of the Firm, he could let his body rot in this dank hole. He was certain that the Firm would outlast these Konzquars.

Offline Kenotai

  • Krull Slayer
  • *****
  • Posts: 2375
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2008, 07:43:08 am »
((What about the Fiikkalian ship threatening the Jel'osken system :-\ ????  And how did Vol'eos end up in prison?  And I'm the "Damned OutSpacers", right?))

A smaller version of the main Vykusian came out of a large door that appeared on the side of the ship.  On board was Captain Buky and Tactical Officer Wiro.  The Captain decided it best to immediately tell the Captain of the Nakaman ship of the threat from the "Jalesoke" beings to all space faring races.

~"Sir, coming up on Nakama docking bay."~

~"Carefully maneuver to beside the asteroid ship."~

In a similar fashion to how the shuttle left the ship, a door opened along the side of the shuttle, and out of it came the two Vykusi "diplomats", both carrying were what looked like computer screens.  Buky whistled a couple notes into his and it repeated:

//Greetings to Nakama and asteroid ship beings, whilst we are here to trade some of your ships power to get us home for our resources, there is an even greater threat present than lack of resources.  Where is your Captain, I must speak to him.//
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:37:59 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08


Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline 4d

  • Space Invaders Junkie
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2008, 11:13:20 am »
(OOC) your the 'Damned Outspacers' kenotai. Vol'eos ended up in prison mainly because a) of the reports to the Consquars, and b) because I really wanted to be rid of him, since he seemed too 2-dimensional as a character, especially when compared to Ieh'koles (and because I recieved no response welcoming him to the planet). The Gosaan are stil trying to figure out what to do about the Fiikkalian ship, since Ieh'koles is away, they're begging the Firm for orders.

Ieh'koles was closing the distance with this new craft when his personal comm started humming. Flipping it open, he saw that the transmission was from Firmworld. Cursing, he immediatly removed the power pack, rendering himself deaf to his crews pleas for orders. Taking the controls in his capable hands, he opened up a voice communication with the Nakaman ship, only to be bombarded by the strange language. Turning the ship comm off, he instead typed in a docking command. Recieving landing orders, he headed towards a small series of lights that surrounded the docking bay. After carefully guiding the shuttle to a clear spot, he powered the craft down, glanced at his combat suit for any damages or marks, summoned his body guards, and picked up a crude translator, and departed the shuttle with his body guards. Extending his handto what he guessed was the Nakaman equivilant of a shipmaster, he put on his most winning smile.