Author Topic: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan  (Read 22619 times)

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 09:39:33 am »
[to kenotai]

GalaxyMaster (and decorated Total War space veteran) Balek Ieh'koles watched the stars serenely, and, since the games had been cancelled, felt at peace stargazing, imagining what it was like to be a primitive Gosaan, before the Firm overran his tribe eons ago and polluted the skies and raising their skyscrapers and... immediately banishing the thoughts, he returned to his function as one of the few Gosaan capable of independent thought, and his duties as GalaxyMaster.

Sitting in his command throne, he watched Shiplords and minors go about their tasks, never bothering one so great as Balek Ieh'koles. Until a panicking Monitoring officer ran up to the thrown spouting gibberish about another contact, similar to the one described by ShipMaster Vol'eos. Ieh'koles calmly watched the idiot spout gibberish before raising a red-garbed hand in a silent order for the minor to calm himself. After a few deep breaths, the junior started where he left off "another contact, GalaxyMaster, but no transmissions sent. THey might be trying to stealth they're way in system". Ieh'koles stroked his small, scale 'beard' and spoke "Maneuver us on an intercept course, and be sure to present a small target signature to these...OutSpacers. Once we close 25% of the distance, begin broadcasting anything-poems, gibberish, numbers, messages..." Bowing, the minor scurried off to inform various officers of the GalaxyMasters decision. Soon, Ieh'koles felt the ship move and saw the chains that tethered atmospheric wings to the mast wave as teh ship accelerated towards the OutSpacer

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 09:41:46 am »
Upon reaching the "Jalesoke" system, everything was unusually quite.  There were no battles going on.  They received frantic signals from the planet.

~"HA!  They must have sensed our presence.  Prepare weapons and fire on the inhabited planets, target the major cities first."~ Captain Buky remarked.

~"Yes sir"~

Along the bottom of the ship, a row of turrets appeared.

~"Prepare to fire the Atom Breaker((OOC: A weapon that nullifies the strong nuclear force, breaking apart atoms)) on the largest city, these guys are a threat to Vykusi everywhere."~

And so the first volley of shots were fired.

~"A direct hit."~ Said tactical officer Wiro.

~"Sir, enemy Warships headed our way!"~

~"Damn!  We better not head back to Xwi, or else they might follow us and wreak havoc on Vyku!  Set any course and heading and activate drivers!"~

~"But Sir!  Our ships can only jump twice before we need to recharge, and the only known way to do that is with geothermal energy!"~

~"I am aware of this, our task was to kill as many of these being as possible, and then leave, you have your orders."~

And with that, the ship jumped to hyperspace, followed by a fleet of vengeful ships.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:51:02 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 09:59:38 am »
[to kenotai]
[Gosaan don't have widespread hyperdrives, so the fleet won't be able to follow you quite yet]

Ieh'koles threw a vibrodagger hilt deep into the floor, making the lights flicker for a moment. "Damnable OutSpacers! Like true cowards, they hit and run. I want every available ship to patrol this sector, and some defense platforms here as well!" After raging for a few more moments, his anger was gone as quickly as it came. "Damage report to the planet they hit, transmit to the screen as well as my personal station" scrolling through the estimated damage reports, the damage was less serious than he'd thought. The rounds had struck Xyta'n, a fortress world. A city of some 5 million civilians had been vaporised in an instant, but the massive military bunkers were relativly undamaged, apart from a cave-in under the city. He might be able to salvage this, steal the strange weapon, and recruit the OutSpacers into his grand design.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 10:26:02 am »
((If you PM me a good description of the Gosaan I can draw them.))

Mylo had heard; they weren't going back to Xwi.  He pondered the thought that he may never see the Time of Spawning again, or bask beneath the Special Tree from his Katu.  He pushed those thoughts to the back of his head for the moment.  At least the enemy ships were to slow to follow them, they had fallen to far behind them hours ago.  Captain Buky said the sensors registered a direct hit that vaporized a city of 5 million people.  He hoped the Captain was happy, because he sure wasn't.

Mylo proposed the task to himself that if they reach a suitable planet, he would set to work immediately to retrofit a volcano with an energy converter.  Chances were slim of finding a suitable planet, however.  The volcanoes of Vyku are extremely powerful, the most powerful they had come across.

~"Attention all decks, we have found a habitable system up ahead.  It's a system of three planets"~

((The Consquar's system, if you couldn't figure it out))

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 10:34:56 am »
I think i posted them on sporepedia
account: 4dskinhead

if they're not there, they'll be there in a few days

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 10:56:00 am »
The H'qur continued their observations, both on the Consquar homeworld, and on this new ship straying into the Gosaan system. Their mother ship was to be comming very soon (less than an Earth day), so they began filling it's diplomatic crew members in on the developments so far.

//~Primary target; spcaefaring, wars with self, ships armed with unknown weaponry.~

~Secondary target; planet-pound, made transmission to Primary target. Primary target responding via a ship.~

~Tertiary target; spacefaring, single ship entering Primary target's system, activated weaponry. Primary target responded likewise~//

To anyone listening in, this sounded vaguely like music, though if broken down to raw data, it resembled an equation.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 11:09:16 am »
~"Sir, two, maybe three ships detected.  One is in orbit, scanning us, there is another ship on the planet, still incomplete.  Sir!  You won't believe this!  The third ship is similar in design to the ships at the "Jalesoke" system!"~

"~Transmit friendly signals to the orbiting ship, music, anything!  The inhabitants of this planet are in danger, and we can't land because there is too little water on the planet, we need these strangers' help!  And deactivate our Atom Breaker, we don't want to appear hostile!"~

~"Yes sir."~ Replied Wiro
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:17:14 am by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 11:29:13 am »
//~Tertiary target has intercepted last transmission. Disarmed weaponry, and transmitted a signal to this scoutship. Intercepted foreign transmission?~//

//~True. Patterning fluctuates, second half a mimicry of H'qur equations. Decompiling attempts will be focused on first half. Scoutship may move to intercept Tertiary target. Await further procedure~//

//~Scoutship hears and understands~//

Shortly after this exchange, the ship moved into the system. It was soon within visual range, and looked for all the world like an asteroid viewed though the lens of intoxication. Spires and spikes jutted out with no rhyme or reason. Bizzare gliphs were etched into the "hull" at random. It's rocky surface was dotted with pits and cracks.

The ship's friendly were transmitted back exactly.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 11:31:50 am »
((Vykusi ships actually look like this Mmkay?  They are 2 kilometers across.  Or are you describing the H'qur ship?))

~"Sir, our friendly transmission has been resent exactly as we sent it!"~

~"I guess they acknowledge our signal, I guess it's time to play Kohi Does.  Send a new friendly signal, this time a sample of our whistly language, make it say "We are the Vykusi, the people on the planet below are in danger, please respond"."~ 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:49:10 am by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 12:32:17 pm »
((I was discribing the H'qur ship))

//~Tertiary target has signaled. Sending transmission. *Relays transmission*~//

//~Recieved. Decompiling process 44.771% completed. Acceptable for initial communication. Transmitting encryption algorithm.~//

//~Recieved. Attempting communication. Diplomat's procedure?~//

//~Scoutship will aid without loss of life. Capture only. Relations with Primary and Secondary targets must be 0~//

//~Scoutship heard and understands~//

The H'qur ship turned to scan the planet in question, then replied to the Vykusi in the Vykusi language.

//Scoutship will aid. Procedure?//

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 01:33:39 pm »
Ieh'koles watched defense platforms lumber into view, and a few other changes to the battle plan. Dozens of well-camoflauged (visually and electronically) stasis capsules containing dozens of marines were floating in the void, waiting for the signals that would attach the pod to an enemy ship, and release dozens of marines into the 'damnable OutSpacers' ships. Ieh'koles then positioned most the fleet behind Xyta'ns moon and teh dark side of the planet. Dimly, Ieh'koles wondered if Vol'eos was actually going to carry out the Firm's idiotic mission. Shrugging, Ieh'koles returned to the command throne. There would be plenty of time to find out if he could 'convert' Vol'eos to his organization. But, if Vol'eos didn't listen, at least the OutSpacers might, when they were'nt destroying millions of innocents who had never done them harm. Leaning back, he continued for hours, lost in thought.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 01:37:32 pm »
Nuhlik blearily watched the screen. There was some kind of war going on...
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 03:55:35 pm »
~"Sir!  A larger ship has come into view.  Transmissions to other ship in orbit indicate possible relation.  They are now asking for procedure."~ Reported tactical officer Wiro

~"Tell them that the beings from "Jalesoke" are inherently hostile, and incapable of peaceful relations, they must be destroyed.  Also, tell them to contact the beings on the planet below, they should be made aware of their plight."~  Commanded Captain Buky

Wiro complied saying: //Beings of the ship in orbit, the animals from "Jalesoke" are only capable of doing harm, the beings of this planetary system are in grave danger.  Please comply.//
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:31:36 am by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 04:06:31 pm »
//Chaotic? "Jalesoke" chaotic? Aggressive? Dark? Negative? False? Wrong?//

To it's mother ship, the scout transmitted, //~Tertiary target states Primary target chaotic. Complies with gathered observations. Tertiary target attempting to protect Secondary target. Procedure?~//

The mother ship, outside the system, replied, //~Defend Tertiary and Secondary targets. Wait for reaction from Primary target. Do not wait, act on first impulse.~//

//~Scoutship hears and understands.~//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 04:16:12 pm »
//Very well.  Please inform the planet bound beings of their grave mistake in allowing these creature onto their soil.//
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:32:06 am by Kenotai »