Author Topic: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan  (Read 22287 times)

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:04:21 pm »
[since I'm not very certain about any of the RPs here, I'll just post a story unless someone comes in screaming about how I am required to join an RP]

To Outsiders, the Jel'osken system was in chaos. Various Gosaan ships vied for supremacy in the void in an almost eternal "contest" of civil wars scared away even the dumbest of alien explorers (actually, no one had even bothered to map this part of space yet). And yet, Spacemaster Yartan Vol'eos calmly watched the unfolding destruction from the bridge of his Willbreaker class destroyer. Taking a sip from a drink, he pulled up a display of events on his desk's screen and sat down to watch and order his fleet to kill.

Vol'eos was one of the more popular Spacemasters, and his tactical supremacy, unfailing 'manners' and sheer brilliance in Total War made him and his fleet a fan favorite. Yes. A fan favorite. You see, the Gosaan have a central government, but each planet is granted a degree of independence from the Capitol, and; with a species as violent as Gosaan, the government let the Fleet and Army play highly-publicised wargames (with more emphasis on war than games) as a way to blow off steam and generate healthy revenue.

Getting back to Vol'eos, he had finished his drink and had his fill of waiting on the sidelines. Taking the elevator from the general quarters to the bridge, he arrived at the perfect time. The pawnships of Spacemasters Gar'vos and Sal'shas were making little headway, so Vol'eos decided to move in for the kills that doubtless sell out thousands of SpaceMaster Yartan Vol'eos dolls. "Control, plot a course to take us between the two pawnships. Weapons, give me firing solutions for missile pods A-G on starboard and AA-HH on port! Sound collision alarms and evacuate and de-pressurize all nonessential sections." As the destroyer moved towards the stalemate, Vol'eos smiled. He was in his element.

The two pawnships were still fighting when Vol'eos fired the Willbreaker's main cannon, which blasted a sizable hole through Gar'vos' pawnship. Startled, the two pawnships immediately ceased firing on each other to turn so that they could give the Willbreaker a broadside. "Fire main cannon at the undamaged one, and launch 4 missiles from pods A-G on my mark!" spat Vol'eos. As the ensign at the weapons console entered in the various commands, Vol'eos double-checked his math. After counting down from 7, he roared "Fire main cannon!" at a rough 6.5, which was quickly followed by "Fire missiles!" at 2.7 with a grin tugging at the corner of his narrow, crocodile like mouth, he watched the pawnships fire their own missiles. Once the enemy warheads were within autocannon range, he gave the command to fire scramblers. In less than a second after the scramblers launched, Vol'eos suddenly thought about how Gar'vos and Sal'shas had hidden nukes in the small group of missiles that were about to detonate a reasonably safe distance from his ship?

Banishing the thought entirely, he waited, and let his barbed tongue slide over his lips in nervous anticipation. The countdown timer reached zero, and the scramblers worked wonders. A dozen detonations lit up as the missiles exploded, leaving Vol'eos momentarily blinded, as well as the two pawnships. As the image of the explosions was burned into his retinas, Vol'eos gave a small fighter crew the order to attack. As the explosions faded, the volunteers on the pawnships stopped cheering their victory and began praying as a small swarm of fighters screamed into view. A few minutes later it was over. Missiles launched from the fighters reduced the pawnships to little more than deformed hulks floating lifelessly. Almost bursting with pride, Vol'eos recalled his fighters and marked the wrecks for pickup.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »
((Very interesting, but how does it involve other races? Is this just a story?))

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 04:54:10 pm »
It's pretty much a story, although if anyone wants to join in they can do some RPing

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 05:52:37 pm »
((Hell, I'm desperate. I'll join if you have a slot open for another race.))

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:06 am »
post away, Grievi!

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 12:38:53 pm »
~"Krakis! Come quick!  It's like the Fire Show, only a lot bigger!"~

A Consquar walks over and looks at the monitor. Images of missiles exploding lit up the screen. Nuhlik had added a visual sonar to the communication module, so now they had the ability to see space pictures!

Krakis waves around his face hands, ~"What is happening? It doesn't look like a Fire Show...."~

Nuhlik sighs, ~"Not every race is appalled by killing, unfortunately. They have Big Weapons. I suppose you have to go tell the Guild Representatives to hurry up with that ship. Tell them volunteer work alone won't do it."~

Krakis bows, both sets of hands together.

Nuhlik smiles, ~"Pleasure and fortune upon you, my student. Now, let me open a com-channel to them.~

Krakis runs out of the room as Nuhlik opens a com-channel to the distant fleets.

The message is: 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,1012...in a repeating pattern, as well as Nuhlik saying, ~"Hello. Anyone out there?"~
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 02:14:06 pm »
As Yartan watched his score update, an ensign stumbled to his station. "Shipmaster, sir! We're recieving a transmission from somewhere in-system!" "Broadcast, ensign, and send copies to the Firm (Gosaan government)" Almost immediatly alien characters and strange speech patterns apperaed on his screen and were broadcast across the ship PA. "Control, move us to the stardocks on Firmworld, and make it quick!" "Speech, broadcast a ceasefire- I think the other shipmasters would like to hear this"

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 03:56:58 pm »
Nuhlik rubs his eyes. Sometimes his job could be boring. Waiting for a response for example...

Krakis was slumped over in the corner, snoring. Lazy git. He should be awake!

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 06:02:02 pm »
A lone H'qur scoutship had stumbled apon the system days before. They had marked it on their maps, and now waited outside the system for their mother craft to catch up, carrying with it a proper team of scientists, colonists, and diplomats. They were specifically instructed to not make contact with any other races that happened by, unless they hailed them first.

On their eighth day of observation, they picked up the signature of the Consquar ship, and soon after, their message to the Gosaan fleets. Interested in the development, and it's use in diplomacy with both the Consquar and Gosaan, they kept their sensors on the Consquar ship.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 06:16:30 pm »
Being a lowly soldier, Vol'eos was unable to sit in on the Firm's meeting, but saw several SpaceMasters, LandMasters, and PlanetMasters arrive and leave. Finally, he was called in. The room was covered in shadows, but the overpowering presence and voices of the Firm rang out. "Shipmaster Yartan Vol'eos; The Games have been cancelled, and every ship is on combat alert. You will take this battlegroup and find the starship of these fools, and attempt to steal a BrightSpace (lightspeed) drive. Or, you will take a small diplomatic crew and pose as friends. Gather as much information on them and their technology as you can pinpoint Wealthworlds and targets of Opprotunity, and report back to us." Vol'eos dropped to one knee. "I will perform your duties to the best of my abilities" Bowing, he turned and left. After a long moment's thought, he popped into a Comm Booth to drop a line to the Assassin Corps. After outlining the mission to them, he went off to commmandeer a diplomatic shuttle.

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 09:22:31 pm »
((The Consquar's don't have ships yet. Their on the planet.))

Nuhlik sighed as Krakis rubbed his eyes, "Their sending a ship. Diplomatic, it looks like..."

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 07:17:35 am »
((This is a non-canon, just for fun RP, correct?  Because aren't the Consquar NG?  If it is non-canon this would be great place to practice my roleplaying. ;)))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 07:41:00 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 08:28:40 am »
it's noncanon, so you can join

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 08:45:49 am »
Mylo couldn't sleep.  He had heard about the space legends.  The space captains had been talking about a system not far from Xwi.  Transmissions from inside the system had called it "Jalesoke".  They had seen the ships.  They were a fighter race for sure.

Morning came, and he had to go to work.  He fixed ships for a living, which is how he heard the stories. 

~"Mylo, I know you don't like to go into space, but I can't wait here for my Astrobiology lab to be fixed, so I'm taking you with me."~ Said Captain Buky
~"You can't do this, I have other ships to fix"~
~"I already discussed it with the other captains, you're coming whether you like it of not!"~
~"Fine, fine, whatever."~

Little did he know, the ship was heading for the "Jalesoke" system to "deal" with the race that existed there.

OOC:Sorry if it's kind crappy, this is my first spore RP ever.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:50:15 am by Kenotai »

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 09:18:15 am »
The primitive, barely flyable diplomatic craft ripped it's way out of Brightspace, and immediatly ignited forward thrusters to slow the ungainly craft.  After broadcasting several numbers and short sentences.Eventually, recieving only more numbers from these 'Konz'quars' they passed into a planetary zone that ignited a planet awash with lights and cities, and blank spots where nothing shone. Coming into the control center, Vol'eos ordered the pilots to scan for the city with the densest population. The pilots roled their eyes, since it was simple andcommon sense. Returning to the hold, Vol'eos strapped on his personal armor, doublechecking suit dentacles, the scissor-machete on his right arm, and helmet functions. Behind him, the two assassins doublechecked the weapons they had hidden in scale-braids, boots, cloaks, and their own mouths, they felt the ship touch down and the chains that held the atmospheric wings wind up the mast and the landing ramp come down. Almost as an afterthought, Vol'eos put his helmet back in his locker and pulled out a pair of aviator-like combat glasses. Putting on his best smile, he moved in front of 'diplomats' and walked down the ramp onto the landing pad.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 09:39:33 am »
[to kenotai]

GalaxyMaster (and decorated Total War space veteran) Balek Ieh'koles watched the stars serenely, and, since the games had been cancelled, felt at peace stargazing, imagining what it was like to be a primitive Gosaan, before the Firm overran his tribe eons ago and polluted the skies and raising their skyscrapers and... immediately banishing the thoughts, he returned to his function as one of the few Gosaan capable of independent thought, and his duties as GalaxyMaster.

Sitting in his command throne, he watched Shiplords and minors go about their tasks, never bothering one so great as Balek Ieh'koles. Until a panicking Monitoring officer ran up to the thrown spouting gibberish about another contact, similar to the one described by ShipMaster Vol'eos. Ieh'koles calmly watched the idiot spout gibberish before raising a red-garbed hand in a silent order for the minor to calm himself. After a few deep breaths, the junior started where he left off "another contact, GalaxyMaster, but no transmissions sent. THey might be trying to stealth they're way in system". Ieh'koles stroked his small, scale 'beard' and spoke "Maneuver us on an intercept course, and be sure to present a small target signature to these...OutSpacers. Once we close 25% of the distance, begin broadcasting anything-poems, gibberish, numbers, messages..." Bowing, the minor scurried off to inform various officers of the GalaxyMasters decision. Soon, Ieh'koles felt the ship move and saw the chains that tethered atmospheric wings to the mast wave as teh ship accelerated towards the OutSpacer

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 09:41:46 am »
Upon reaching the "Jalesoke" system, everything was unusually quite.  There were no battles going on.  They received frantic signals from the planet.

~"HA!  They must have sensed our presence.  Prepare weapons and fire on the inhabited planets, target the major cities first."~ Captain Buky remarked.

~"Yes sir"~

Along the bottom of the ship, a row of turrets appeared.

~"Prepare to fire the Atom Breaker((OOC: A weapon that nullifies the strong nuclear force, breaking apart atoms)) on the largest city, these guys are a threat to Vykusi everywhere."~

And so the first volley of shots were fired.

~"A direct hit."~ Said tactical officer Wiro.

~"Sir, enemy Warships headed our way!"~

~"Damn!  We better not head back to Xwi, or else they might follow us and wreak havoc on Vyku!  Set any course and heading and activate drivers!"~

~"But Sir!  Our ships can only jump twice before we need to recharge, and the only known way to do that is with geothermal energy!"~

~"I am aware of this, our task was to kill as many of these being as possible, and then leave, you have your orders."~

And with that, the ship jumped to hyperspace, followed by a fleet of vengeful ships.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:51:02 am by Kenotai »

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 09:59:38 am »
[to kenotai]
[Gosaan don't have widespread hyperdrives, so the fleet won't be able to follow you quite yet]

Ieh'koles threw a vibrodagger hilt deep into the floor, making the lights flicker for a moment. "Damnable OutSpacers! Like true cowards, they hit and run. I want every available ship to patrol this sector, and some defense platforms here as well!" After raging for a few more moments, his anger was gone as quickly as it came. "Damage report to the planet they hit, transmit to the screen as well as my personal station" scrolling through the estimated damage reports, the damage was less serious than he'd thought. The rounds had struck Xyta'n, a fortress world. A city of some 5 million civilians had been vaporised in an instant, but the massive military bunkers were relativly undamaged, apart from a cave-in under the city. He might be able to salvage this, steal the strange weapon, and recruit the OutSpacers into his grand design.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 10:26:02 am »
((If you PM me a good description of the Gosaan I can draw them.))

Mylo had heard; they weren't going back to Xwi.  He pondered the thought that he may never see the Time of Spawning again, or bask beneath the Special Tree from his Katu.  He pushed those thoughts to the back of his head for the moment.  At least the enemy ships were to slow to follow them, they had fallen to far behind them hours ago.  Captain Buky said the sensors registered a direct hit that vaporized a city of 5 million people.  He hoped the Captain was happy, because he sure wasn't.

Mylo proposed the task to himself that if they reach a suitable planet, he would set to work immediately to retrofit a volcano with an energy converter.  Chances were slim of finding a suitable planet, however.  The volcanoes of Vyku are extremely powerful, the most powerful they had come across.

~"Attention all decks, we have found a habitable system up ahead.  It's a system of three planets"~

((The Consquar's system, if you couldn't figure it out))

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 10:34:56 am »
I think i posted them on sporepedia
account: 4dskinhead

if they're not there, they'll be there in a few days

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 10:56:00 am »
The H'qur continued their observations, both on the Consquar homeworld, and on this new ship straying into the Gosaan system. Their mother ship was to be comming very soon (less than an Earth day), so they began filling it's diplomatic crew members in on the developments so far.

//~Primary target; spcaefaring, wars with self, ships armed with unknown weaponry.~

~Secondary target; planet-pound, made transmission to Primary target. Primary target responding via a ship.~

~Tertiary target; spacefaring, single ship entering Primary target's system, activated weaponry. Primary target responded likewise~//

To anyone listening in, this sounded vaguely like music, though if broken down to raw data, it resembled an equation.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 11:09:16 am »
~"Sir, two, maybe three ships detected.  One is in orbit, scanning us, there is another ship on the planet, still incomplete.  Sir!  You won't believe this!  The third ship is similar in design to the ships at the "Jalesoke" system!"~

"~Transmit friendly signals to the orbiting ship, music, anything!  The inhabitants of this planet are in danger, and we can't land because there is too little water on the planet, we need these strangers' help!  And deactivate our Atom Breaker, we don't want to appear hostile!"~

~"Yes sir."~ Replied Wiro
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:17:14 am by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 11:29:13 am »
//~Tertiary target has intercepted last transmission. Disarmed weaponry, and transmitted a signal to this scoutship. Intercepted foreign transmission?~//

//~True. Patterning fluctuates, second half a mimicry of H'qur equations. Decompiling attempts will be focused on first half. Scoutship may move to intercept Tertiary target. Await further procedure~//

//~Scoutship hears and understands~//

Shortly after this exchange, the ship moved into the system. It was soon within visual range, and looked for all the world like an asteroid viewed though the lens of intoxication. Spires and spikes jutted out with no rhyme or reason. Bizzare gliphs were etched into the "hull" at random. It's rocky surface was dotted with pits and cracks.

The ship's friendly were transmitted back exactly.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 11:31:50 am »
((Vykusi ships actually look like this Mmkay?  They are 2 kilometers across.  Or are you describing the H'qur ship?))

~"Sir, our friendly transmission has been resent exactly as we sent it!"~

~"I guess they acknowledge our signal, I guess it's time to play Kohi Does.  Send a new friendly signal, this time a sample of our whistly language, make it say "We are the Vykusi, the people on the planet below are in danger, please respond"."~ 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:49:10 am by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 12:32:17 pm »
((I was discribing the H'qur ship))

//~Tertiary target has signaled. Sending transmission. *Relays transmission*~//

//~Recieved. Decompiling process 44.771% completed. Acceptable for initial communication. Transmitting encryption algorithm.~//

//~Recieved. Attempting communication. Diplomat's procedure?~//

//~Scoutship will aid without loss of life. Capture only. Relations with Primary and Secondary targets must be 0~//

//~Scoutship heard and understands~//

The H'qur ship turned to scan the planet in question, then replied to the Vykusi in the Vykusi language.

//Scoutship will aid. Procedure?//

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 01:33:39 pm »
Ieh'koles watched defense platforms lumber into view, and a few other changes to the battle plan. Dozens of well-camoflauged (visually and electronically) stasis capsules containing dozens of marines were floating in the void, waiting for the signals that would attach the pod to an enemy ship, and release dozens of marines into the 'damnable OutSpacers' ships. Ieh'koles then positioned most the fleet behind Xyta'ns moon and teh dark side of the planet. Dimly, Ieh'koles wondered if Vol'eos was actually going to carry out the Firm's idiotic mission. Shrugging, Ieh'koles returned to the command throne. There would be plenty of time to find out if he could 'convert' Vol'eos to his organization. But, if Vol'eos didn't listen, at least the OutSpacers might, when they were'nt destroying millions of innocents who had never done them harm. Leaning back, he continued for hours, lost in thought.

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 01:37:32 pm »
Nuhlik blearily watched the screen. There was some kind of war going on...

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 03:55:35 pm »
~"Sir!  A larger ship has come into view.  Transmissions to other ship in orbit indicate possible relation.  They are now asking for procedure."~ Reported tactical officer Wiro

~"Tell them that the beings from "Jalesoke" are inherently hostile, and incapable of peaceful relations, they must be destroyed.  Also, tell them to contact the beings on the planet below, they should be made aware of their plight."~  Commanded Captain Buky

Wiro complied saying: //Beings of the ship in orbit, the animals from "Jalesoke" are only capable of doing harm, the beings of this planetary system are in grave danger.  Please comply.//
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:31:36 am by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 04:06:31 pm »
//Chaotic? "Jalesoke" chaotic? Aggressive? Dark? Negative? False? Wrong?//

To it's mother ship, the scout transmitted, //~Tertiary target states Primary target chaotic. Complies with gathered observations. Tertiary target attempting to protect Secondary target. Procedure?~//

The mother ship, outside the system, replied, //~Defend Tertiary and Secondary targets. Wait for reaction from Primary target. Do not wait, act on first impulse.~//

//~Scoutship hears and understands.~//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 04:16:12 pm »
//Very well.  Please inform the planet bound beings of their grave mistake in allowing these creature onto their soil.//
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:32:06 am by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 04:18:41 pm »
((I was hoping the Vyuski couldn't translate pure H'qur (Marked by the ~ in my posts)))

//Why are you not able to?//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 05:11:48 am »
((I thought the "very well" was to me, all this is still kinda new to me, I apologize in advance for any further mistake.  Just PM me the nitty gritty of what to put around speech, with examples.))

//We fear of being tracked by the beings of "Jalesoke".  In addition, it is impossible for us to boost our power, it was depleted by the trip here.  The third reason is we cannot speak the planet bound being's language.//
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:11:52 am by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 07:10:08 pm »
((One thing I forgot; I use colors to denote the two different H'qur ships here. It's not common, but I use it because H'qur do not have names in the way we think of it. The best way to approximate a H'qur name is with an equation, usually complex, so I just leave their names out of it and use colors. A note here, the "red-brown" H'qur in this RP is not the "red-brown" H'qur of another RP. Colors are reset for each new RP.))

//Scoutship hears and understands. Decompilation procedure initiated. Sample of language?//

The scout ship updated the mother ship of it's progress again.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 07:42:56 pm »
((Hope you don't mind if i join in. If you do just say so and i'll delete my post. Shouldn't be too big of a role though.))

At some point amid this large gathering of races emerged a large ship. It slipped out of warp, slowly making its way towards the planet and the large number of ships around it. Grotesque in appearance, but beautiful in nature, the large ship was an ungainly craft. There was no order in its design, small orbs clung to the hull, large beams jutted away from the ship, and large holes appeared and disappeared throughout the craft.

The size of the ship was breathtaking. It was definitely the largest ship at the gathering, but this was justified due to its purpose. Aboard the ship were the last remnants of the Nakaman race. The Noinu, as the ship was called, was the only ship to have survived from the destruction of the Nakaman race at the hands of the monstrosity known as the Klameritus.

Over the years of its many wanderings, small additions had been constructed along the ship, expanding it so as to better support the passengers that called the Noinu home. It had expanded and expanded to the point that none of the original hull was visible from the outside. Even the engines had been removed for a time and placed in a different position to allow for better navigation.

Aboard the large ship, the captain stood at the bridge, listening to all the information that was streaming in.

//Many signals detected. Several large alien vessels are in the area. Intentions unknown. Announced the navigational AI.

At this point everyone was staring at the captain, awaiting his orders. It was general policy aboard the ship to avoid all outside contact, especially those that had ships which were capable of space travel.

But this time conflicting thoughts were arising within the captain's head.

Perhaps these creatures have valuable resources we could use. Mysterious Being knows that this ship can use anything we get. Especially strong metals... At this point the captain was pacing back and forth along the bridge. He felt many pairs of eyes pointed in his direction. But there is always the threat of total Nakaman annihilation. I would not want to be the person responsible for that, even if no one else would truly know that. Since everyone else is dead...

For several minutes the captain paced back and forth, going over what to do in his head. Eventually he came to a decision.

"Broadcast this message."

//Greetings many races of the large void. We are the Nakama. We are peaceful wanderers. All that we ask is for a chance to trade valuable materials. We have much to offer, having visited many different systems and come across many different phenomena. If you wish us to leave, please say so.//

This was played on a loop so as to allow the different races a chance at deciphering and understanding the language. Meanwhile the Noinu kept its distance from the planets and ships, hoping that this position wouldn't provoke anything.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 09:21:48 pm »
(sorry I haven't been able to post, I'm on vacation ;D)
[to Josasa]

Galaxymaster Ieh'koles paced reslessly. Comms, have you managed to decipher that transmission?" "No Galaxymaster," replied the junior officer, "I was about to send it to the decrypters at Firmworld" "No!" roared Ieh'koles. "If that transmission gets there, we could all be annihilated! Run it through the binary and let the computer work on translating it-tell it to look for common symbols, since those would likely be the same letter, possibly our eh" After a few seconds of typing commands, the junior reported that the computer was attempting on decoding the transmission. Feeling slightly better, Ieh'koles sat down at his command throne. Typing a few commands into an armrest-keypad, he hurridly sent a transmission to the alien ship, consisting mostly of old legends and a plea for a diplomatic meeting (with truly peaceful intentions. seriously)

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 07:42:42 am »
((With the exception of the H'qur and Gosaan, almost all the races in this RP are NG.  Also, Yay Nakama ;D ;D.  The Fiikkal might join in as well, this RP sure is getting crowded.))

~"Sir, a new ship has come into view, and it's even larger than the mother ship of that scoutship there.  They are now transmitting a signal, foreign language."~

~"Any hope of deciphering?"~

~"There is an experimental equation that was successful in the translation of different Vykusi dialects."~

~"It's worth a try then."~

~"The message read as follows, sir."~
//Greetings from many large enterprises in empty. We Nakama. We are peaceful Wanderers. All that we ask is an opportunity to trade in precious materials. We have much to offer, which had been in several different systems and to meet a wide range of phenomena. If you want our to leave you can say about it.//

~"Sounds like a mutual enemy of the "Jalesoke" beings.  Tell them that we desire face to face communication, transmit that to the scoutship as well, we should all discuss our mutual problems.  Transmit our translation equation to the Nakama ship too."~

~"Yes, sir."~

//Nakama and scoutship beings, we desire face to face communications, what say you?//

~"Transmitting equation to Nakama now."~

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 07:15:08 am by Kenotai »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 09:48:23 am »
The Noinu floated in space far away from all the action, if there was any going on at the time. They were patiently waiting for any signals that might come their way. Eventually, a signal finally did reach them.

It was directly routed to several of the AI's allowing them to mull over the transmissions in an attempt to decipher them. They would be able to do it much faster that any of the computers onboard.

The captain had just received word that transmissions had been received when the bridge's AI announced that they had completed the deciphering process.

"Already?!" the captain asked incredulously.

"Yes. A series of mathematics was transmitted along with the message. This allowed for easier deciphering. Here is the message."

Everyone quickly stopped what they were doing as the message was played over the loudspeakers of the entire ship, rather than just the bridge.

//Nakama and scoutship beings, we desire head to head communications. Yes, no?//

An audible sigh could almost be heard throughout the entire ship. This transmission showed that they were more likely to be friendly than hostile, seeing as they were inviting the beginning of diplomatic relations. Of course, they could just be inviting them to their destruction, but that was unlikely.

"What should be done captain?" asked the AI.

"Send them this message back." The captain proceeded to rattle of his response.

//Greetings being of the void. We too would like to engage in head to head communications. We would prefer though, that these meetings take place aboard our ship. Most of us Nakama have not stepped outside our ship for many years and feel anxious and unsafe if we do. I hope you understand.//

[Gosaan's Transmission]
When that was done the AI spoke up again.

"Captain, another transmission was received at roughly the same time as the first transmission. It took longer to decode, this being the reason you were not informed. We have decoded it now. The message plays as follows."

The new message played around the bridge. It was a very rough transmission, but the premise of it was obvious. These creatures were telling tales of their history and calling for a diplomatic meeting.

"Send them this message," the captain ordered when the message was done playing. It was sent out in the Gosaan tongue.

//Greetings Gosaan beings. We wish to conduct a trade meeting, exchanging our valuables for yours. What is your reply?//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 10:18:32 am »
~"Captain, new transmission"~

//Greetings being of the void. We too would like to engage in head to head communications. We would prefer though, that these meetings take place aboard our ship. Most of us Nakama have not stepped outside our ship for many years and feel anxious and unsafe if we do. I hope you understand.//

~"Tell them we will comply with their request"~

//Nakama beings, we will meet on your ship.  It would be best to retransmit what you told us to the larger ship as well as the scoutship.//

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 10:44:34 am »
The Fiikkalian ship Skrr's Destiny, Captain Oeaiou commanding, had detected an explosion within the vicinity of the Skrr System. It was a massive explosion.  It had gone to investigate. 

~"Captain, we are coming to the system where the large explosion was detected."~

~"Send the beings of this system a transmission asking them how this happened."~

//Lowly beings of this system, we ask that you identify yourselves and state the cause of the explosion on this planet!//

~"Prepare pod launchers((OOC:Launches pods that contain invasion forces, or boarding parties.)) in case they don't comply."~
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:52:24 am by Kenobro »

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 02:11:08 pm »
Once the Scoutship had recieved the initial request for face-to-face diplomacy, a long calculation session began on the mother ship, with several H'qur assessing the best way to conduct this form of negotiation. A diplomat was chosen, and a transport prepaired.

//Diplomat transport ready. Target?// was transmitted to the Vyuski.

To the Nakama; //Trade accepted. Negotiation?//

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 02:58:11 pm »
The captain had finally taken a seat in the commanding chair, a seat that dominated the center of the bridge. Because he was the captain of the ship, he was also the commander of the entire Nakaman race, seeing as they were all aboard the Noinu. Over a period of several minutes a group of transmissions were received from the beings around the planets.

A message from the Noinu was sent to all beings within the system.

//Those wishing to conduct trade will be welcomed aboard the Nakaman ship. We are transmitting the location where you can enter our ship. It is being prepared as we speak. We hope that this trade can be conducted peacefully, and as a precaution, we ask that all weapons be deactivated, or left behind if possible.

Any race that wishes to speak directly to the Nakaman leader need only ask. We hope to have a fair and even trade.//

When this was done the captain made his way out of the bridge and headed towards the monorail system that transported beings throughout the ship. A private car was waiting for him.

He quickly got aboard with a few of his advisors following him. Within several minutes they had arrived at the docking bay that was being prepared for the alien creatures.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »
The H'qur diplomat was prepaired for departure, and was supplied with a mental list of surplus supplies and those needing replenishing. The transport launched from the mother ship, looking like nothing more than a small asteroid, untill it began to accelerate towards the Nakaman ship's docking bay. It was rather surreal watching it, for it had no obvious means of propulsion, only a power core that registered on sensors. Further scanning below the rocky surface reveiled a metallic object, which in turn housed some sort of boneless organism.

The craft slowed as it approached the docking bay enterance. Even after it was in the atmosphere of the bay, whatever engine it used made no sound. Articulated, spider-like legs unfolded from the craft's surface as it touched down lightly on the deck, a quick wash of air passing the waiting Nakama as the transport checked it's momentum.

Several long moments passed. Then, with a hiss of rushing air, a single hatch opened on the transport's underside, forming a ramp. A large metallic sphere rolled down, the lights of the bay and the images of the waiting Nakama reflecting off it's brilliantly pollished surface. After clearing the underside of the craft, three long, spindly legs unfolded from the sphere, raising it up to Nakaman height.

//Diplomat present. Negotiations may begin.// buzzed from the tripod in a crude approximation of a Nakaman voice.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 04:23:46 pm »
...we await your reply" as the message replayed for the dozenth time, Ieh'koles came to his decision. Typing a hurried reply, he said that he would send a shuttle to the new Outspacer's ship, piloted by him as head diplomat (accompanied of course by a few bodyguards) to negotiate, and possibly to unite against both the Firm and the Damned Outspacers. Without waiting for a reply, Ieh'koles dressed in his best battlegear and had departed his ship, heading towards what he hoped would be a peaceful understanding.

Vol'eos, meanwhile, was sitting in a cell in a Consquar prison, protesting his innocence. He hadn't seen his assassins since he had been arrested. Hoping that they could at least carry out their mission for the good of the Firm, he could let his body rot in this dank hole. He was certain that the Firm would outlast these Konzquars.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2008, 07:43:08 am »
((What about the Fiikkalian ship threatening the Jel'osken system :-\ ????  And how did Vol'eos end up in prison?  And I'm the "Damned OutSpacers", right?))

A smaller version of the main Vykusian came out of a large door that appeared on the side of the ship.  On board was Captain Buky and Tactical Officer Wiro.  The Captain decided it best to immediately tell the Captain of the Nakaman ship of the threat from the "Jalesoke" beings to all space faring races.

~"Sir, coming up on Nakama docking bay."~

~"Carefully maneuver to beside the asteroid ship."~

In a similar fashion to how the shuttle left the ship, a door opened along the side of the shuttle, and out of it came the two Vykusi "diplomats", both carrying were what looked like computer screens.  Buky whistled a couple notes into his and it repeated:

//Greetings to Nakama and asteroid ship beings, whilst we are here to trade some of your ships power to get us home for our resources, there is an even greater threat present than lack of resources.  Where is your Captain, I must speak to him.//
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:37:59 am by Kenotai »

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2008, 11:13:20 am »
(OOC) your the 'Damned Outspacers' kenotai. Vol'eos ended up in prison mainly because a) of the reports to the Consquars, and b) because I really wanted to be rid of him, since he seemed too 2-dimensional as a character, especially when compared to Ieh'koles (and because I recieved no response welcoming him to the planet). The Gosaan are stil trying to figure out what to do about the Fiikkalian ship, since Ieh'koles is away, they're begging the Firm for orders.

Ieh'koles was closing the distance with this new craft when his personal comm started humming. Flipping it open, he saw that the transmission was from Firmworld. Cursing, he immediatly removed the power pack, rendering himself deaf to his crews pleas for orders. Taking the controls in his capable hands, he opened up a voice communication with the Nakaman ship, only to be bombarded by the strange language. Turning the ship comm off, he instead typed in a docking command. Recieving landing orders, he headed towards a small series of lights that surrounded the docking bay. After carefully guiding the shuttle to a clear spot, he powered the craft down, glanced at his combat suit for any damages or marks, summoned his body guards, and picked up a crude translator, and departed the shuttle with his body guards. Extending his handto what he guessed was the Nakaman equivilant of a shipmaster, he put on his most winning smile.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2008, 11:22:16 am »
//~Primary Target has arrived. Reset diplomatic value.~// the mother ship transmitted to the diplomat.

//~Diplomat hears and understands.~//

The silvery metallic tripod turned to the new arrivals.

//Diplomat present. Trade of resources is accepted.//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2008, 12:19:46 pm »
((This is getting very confusing (to me at least), perhaps it would be best if we were more specific about where we are and to who we are talking to, either in character or out of character.  And are the Consquar out or has Little just not been able to post?))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:23:04 pm by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2008, 12:25:41 pm »
((This is how I understand it.

Gosaan system: Not much going on now other than Gosaan politics. I believe the Fiikkal are here too.

Consuquar system: H'qur mother ship floating just outside, scoutship in orbit around Consuquar homeworld, with the Vyuski ship.

Nakaman ship: Somewhere outside the system. Delagates from the Gosaan, H'qur, and Vyuski have arrived to trade.

I will make an effort to be more specific. The H'qur diplomat was talking to both the Vyuski and the Gosaan in the hangar bay. The diplomat will occasionally update the situation to the mother ship.))

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2008, 12:44:04 pm »
((It's like you reached out from across the Internets, read my mind and then posted.  Anywho, it sounds about right.  Now Josasa needs to post a response my request to see the captain.  And I don't think the Jel'osken system is their home system, I think they just perform their wargames there.))

Buky approached the metallic sphere, "spoke" into his computer which repeated this one simple request:

//What mineral would we have to trade to you in order to supply our ship with enough power to allow us to jump back home?  We have plenty of Bauxite and Diamond on Vyku, not to mention an abundance of gaseous material within Ryki and Uranium and rocket fuel ingredients in our asteroid belt.//

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2008, 12:56:33 pm »
//How much energy is required? Efficiency may be improved by towing the ship back to it's origin. Heavy metals are not needed. If minerals must be given, Iron and Calcuim will be accepted.//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2008, 01:01:52 pm »
//Very well,// repeated Buky's computer after being talked into, //there is an abundance of iron on Vyku.  Coordinates of our planet's origin will be given at the conclusion of the meeting with the Nakama.  The energy required for two jumps is one day of exposure to volcanic heat and kinetic energy.//
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:04:37 pm by Kenotai »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2008, 01:15:43 pm »
There was a long pause, several minutes in length, before the diplomat replied

//Unknown unit of measure. Please restate energy requirements. Suggested output: units of energy per unit of time. Elapsed time equals one rotation of planet of origin?//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2008, 01:26:22 pm »
This one doesn't seem as smart as the ones from the scoutship. Buky thought.

~"Well..."~ he proceeded to talk into his computer.

//We have never measured, but it has to be at 500 terawatts per hour.  And since you don't know our day length, it is 23 hours.  One hour is 3600 seconds, one second is this *he touches his right claws together for one second*, do you understand?//

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2008, 01:37:02 pm »
//Diplomat hears and understands. Calculations show it would be 5.911% more efficient for Scoutship or Homeship to tow damaged craft to point of origin.//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2008, 02:17:56 pm »
//Very well, we will permit you to tow our ship back to Xwi.//

((Now we wait for either the Nakaman captain, or 4d's character to recognize my ship as the "Damnable OutSpacers.))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:28:23 pm by Kenotai »

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2008, 02:37:49 pm »
Ieh'koles was bored almost to tears when he finally recognized something. Turning his head quizzically towards Buky, he then glanced towards the ship that had brought the outspacer. Finally, pieces of the puzzle fell into place. BLind with rage, his hand darted into a pocket and pulled out a concealed pistol, leveled at Buky. Judging by the startled glances that everyone gave him, Buky had decided to remain mum about certain events in the recent past. Almost as his finger tightened on the trigger, he realized that he couldn't do it, mainly since he took a sadistic pleasure in seeing Buky quiver under the red light from the depths of the Vores* pistol, and mainly because he felt the need to justify his actions first.

*Gosaan term for plasma weapons

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2008, 02:46:18 pm »
Aboard the Nakaman Ship, Noinu

Immediately several of the guards standing around the docking bay leveled their weapons at the alien, hoping to deter it from carrying out the act of killing the other ambassador.

//Please, put down the weapon. We want this to be a peaceful meeting.// The captain spoke through his translator.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:55:30 pm by Josasa »

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2008, 02:50:57 pm »
OOC- hte Jal'osken system is the Gosaans only system. They both live and participate in Total War there

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2008, 02:53:10 pm »
The H'qur tripod immediately spoke up.

//What is motive for the threat? Why have weapons been fired?//

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2008, 03:05:37 pm »
"NO weapons will be fired-yet." said Ieh'koles. "This... creature murdered 5 million innocent Gosaan when we tried to initiate a peaceful contacts. I didn't recognize this weakling outside of his ship, but now I see the true face of cowardice. If it were up to me, I would have killed him some time ago. However, you are our hosts, so I will allow you to choose this murderer's punishment."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 03:16:26 pm »

//There will be no punishment. The Nakaman race will not be responsible for anyone's death today or ever. If you would kindly put down your weapon and allow our guards to take it to a safe place. We will return it upon the end of this meeting. Now, if we can put this behind us i would like to begin the trading...//

The captain was sweating. This was exactly what the Nakama had hoped to avoid, but that might have been too much to ask.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2008, 07:27:11 am »
((Whatever happened to Nakaman captains being called "Shimaga"?))

After the "Jalesoke" being's weapon was taken away, Buky and Wiro calmed down, they had hoped for much better.

~"Captain, isn't our ship in danger now that the "Jalesoke" beings know where we are?"~

~"Hush Wiro, the diplomat and scoutship beings will protect us, I hope."~

~"Perhaps, but they may not, but these Nakama are very honorable.  I can be sure of their protection."~

Whistling into his computer again, Buky said to all,
//What's done is done, we came onto this ship to freely give minerals to our Nakama hosts.  We will leave the war for later, but be warned, my ship will destroy your craft if any harm comes to me.  Let us proceed to the negotiation room please, but first I need to speak to the Captain alone.//
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 09:04:10 am by Kenotai »

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2008, 04:13:09 pm »
Although Ieh'koles had relenquished his pistol (grudgingly), he pulled one of H'qur aside. "I need to speak to someone important-privately, if possible. If... he doesn't trust me, he can have a bodyguard, but I assure you I will bring him no harm." Satisfied that the crewer had understood him, the underling hurried off to find someone important.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2008, 04:15:55 pm »
((There's only one H'qur, the one inside the tripod))

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2008, 04:29:36 pm »
ooc(hmm, did not know that-wanna start the discussion anyways?)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2008, 04:35:54 pm »
The Diplomat seemed to concider this.

//By the term "important", you mean an individual in the Governing Class? Where would you like to communicate with this being?//

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2008, 04:43:13 pm »
Ieh'koles shrugged. "Someone who is important enough to hear the words of a Galaxymaster, or who is important enough to relay my words, but preferably someone in charge"

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2008, 04:45:51 pm »
//The Governing Class most closely matches your description. Best negotiations would be carried out by the Governing Diplomat.//

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2008, 04:49:29 pm »
Ieh'koles nearly wept form joy. "Is it possible to speak to one of these governers on your ship? My cruiser lacks the gear for such a comm, ad it would be impossible to hide it from my crew'

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2008, 04:52:33 pm »
//A meeting can be arranged at any location you prefer. Meetings on Mothership or Scoutship will be limited to a transport bay, sealed to prevent audio disturbance.//

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2008, 05:16:57 pm »
"Very well, if you could take me too this station, I would enjoy making a contact with your leadership" said Ieh'koles. After being led too the station, he asked the H'qur to translate:

"I, Galaxymaster Balek Ieh'koles, address you, leaders of the H'qur, to ally with me, and the Gosaan people. This is a fact that I give you willingly- I am a leader for Nexus, which seeks to destroy the Firm, and has done so since it was founded millenia ago. Naturally, the Firm fears us, but can't persecute us in public, and is also reponsible for numerous crimes against the Gosaan people, including arson, use of biological weapons of mass destruction, fratricide, and numerous others. We seek to replace the Firm, but cannot due to a severely small membership and the lack of technology to make our vengeance happen. For this; I appeal to you, to trade with Nexus, and to be able to to fight when we give the command. For those services, we will give you anything in our power, both before and after our Reclamation"

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2008, 05:27:43 pm »
((I'm just going to assume we're transmitting directly to the Governing Diplomat via the transport that landed on the Nakaman ship))

There was a pause on the other end of the line as the message was translated on the mother ship.

//Trade of technology prohibited. Other materials allowed. Scoutship and Mothership will aid Gosaan faction "Nexus". Agreement is not permanent; chaos will not be tolerated.//

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2008, 09:48:18 pm »

((Shimaga got to be too much of a hassle. We could just say that it died out as the Nakama roamed around the galaxy.))

As soon as the gun was taken away from the hostile creature, the captain let out a sigh of relief.

//Glad that's over with. If you would kindly follow me...// The captain motioned with his only appendage. He strode toward the nearest door and led the small group of diplomats towards his private car.

//Taking this train will be much faster than walking. It can be quite a hassle to navigate this ship.// the captain said. The ride only took a few minutes. When it was finally over the captain took the lead again, ushering the group of foreign beings through the Noinu.

//It's right here.// the captain said as he opened a large set of doors. Inside was a large round table with an opening in the center where a speaker could talk about whatever needed talking about. All around the room was a variety of chairs and beds in an attempt to guess what kind of alien creatures could occupy the room. The Nakama didn't want uncomfortable guests.

When everyone had settled in somewhat, the captain began to talk.

//I'm going to cut straight to the point. The Nakama need heavy metals. Our race is expanding and in order to meet this expansion we need to expand this ship. In exchange we can offer a variety of goods ranging from strange plants from far away planets, several different chunks of strange and mysterious rocks and crystals, and some captured technology from other races we have met in the past. In some cases we have even stumbled upon ruins of ancient civilizations that suggest a sentient race once had control over a vast part of this galaxy. What do you have to offer?//

((Sorry about taking over your creatures for a second there. If you didn't want them to follow or didn't want to move to the negotiating room they are currently in just say and i will edit/delete this post. ))

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2008, 10:52:35 pm »
//Mothership and Scoutship have excess heavy metals, ammounting to aproxinmately 1.455 times the volume of this room. Organic componants can also be offered.//

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2008, 09:26:52 am »
OOC: have you decided yet, 4d, what to do about the fiikkalian ship? It is as if it was entirely ignored... >:(

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2008, 10:01:08 am »
ooc-Well, Ieh'koles turned off his 'phone', so his crew are trying to get orders for what to do. Oh, and can anyone tell me how to get my race into the NG?

After hours of trying to reach Ieh'koles, his crew eventually gave up and contacted the Firm's military desk. After being moved around to numerous departments, the order was given to utilize the cryopods/troopcarriers that Ieh'koles had scattered across the system to hijack Nakaman ships. With a flick of a switch, the Marines in the Cryocarriers were thawing out and the pods were jetting towards the Fikkalian ship.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2008, 10:09:54 am »
((It's been like 3 pages since anything happened. Since I cannot participate until you respond to my transmission about the explosion, than I can not take part.  To get your creature into the NG you have to post it first... DUH... In the creation corner.))

~"They have not complied.  Fire the pods at the largest continent, there head 0f government should be there."~

~"Pods away!"~ Replied pod control at the aft section of the ship.

The ship turned around, exposing the opening where pods come out.  Thousands spewed out of the small opening, each containing 10 Fiikkal soldiers.

All of a sudden they had registered impacts along their hull.

~"What the.."~  Said Captain Oeaiou.

~"Heavy fighting along outer hull areas!"~

//Attention all areas, intruder alert!  Security forces to outer hull areas.//

Colonel Uoliea landed with her troops on the planet below.  This was the first time she had been on any planet other than Fiik or Vyku.  The pods had landed in a small wooded area.

//Attention to all troops, regroup at my location, transmitting co-ordinates now.//

While waited she re calibrated her personal Atom Breaker her government had received from the Vykusi in an attempt to balance the two species' power.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 12:49:01 pm by Kenobro »

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2008, 02:59:57 pm »
ooc- did you land on the Imperial Capital, or some random world in-system (not to sound rude)?

One of the marines, a certain Holtek Oep'tas, pulled his arm-mounted machete out of a Fiikkalian corpse. "Well, they're certainly weaker than their ships, or we at least caught them off guard" Almost immediately after he said that a squad of heavily armed Fiikkal rounded the corner. "Fall back!" roared Oep'tas, and squeezed his weapons firing stud, sending several heavy rounds screaming towards the Fiikkal troops.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2008, 07:27:18 am »
((I believe he landed on the same planet I made an epic explosion on.  How many habitable planets are there in the Gosaan system anyway?  And that last post was on the ship, correct?  About them being weak: most of them are the crew's families.))

Noinu Negotiation Table

Buky considered their offer.

Whistling into his computer again he said:
//We will agree to nothing without having a look at your wares.  Or bring in some examples, we would be interested in seeing some of your plants.//
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:32:31 am by Kenotai »

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2008, 12:51:05 pm »
Skrr's Destiny Outer Hull

Eyaite, the Head of Security on Skrr's Destiny, along with his force, was rushing toward the fight noises.  They were clad in Fiikkalian battlesuits, they were covered from mouth to maceball in copper-steel alloy plating.  As they rounded the corner, several shots were fired at them.  The bullets put minor holes and dents in their armor, however they were not permanent due to the battlesuit self repair functions.  After the bullets they saw several wounded and dead family members.

~"What have those lowest of beings done to us?  We didn't attack them!"~  Activating his communication apparatus, he informed the ship hospital of the wounded.

//We have several wounded in the outer hull, the enemy has retreated towards the aft section of the ship.//

Skrr's Destiny Command Center

The Captain couldn't believe the horror these beings were capable.  He immediately thought of the children.

//~Attention nursery, activate blast doors and shock shields, we don't want any of these things getting through!~//

Switching his attention to the adult families.

//~If you can understand me, head towards the center of the ship, security forces are waiting.~//

Through all this, the Captain was secretly deeply saddened by the loss of life at the hands of these aliens.

Gosaan controlled planet

Once the Fiikkal had all regrouped at the clearing in the wooded area, she began issuing the orders:

~"Our orders are to head towards the city, we are to eliminate any targets that fail to comply, understood?"~

~"Understood."~ echoed the troops, all 40 thousand of them.

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2008, 02:38:59 pm »
is it already way too overcrowded or can i join?  :-\

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2008, 03:55:58 pm »
((I think it would be too difficult to fit you in, and what would you play as?  And what happened to Josasa?))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 04:19:01 pm by Kenotai »

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2008, 05:24:47 pm »
ooc- I've got a lot on my plate on and off the screen, so I don't think you can join in quite yet. Later, definately.

Immediately after seeing his squad's rounds do little more than chip the paint off the Fiikkalian armor, Oep'tas ordered a full-speed retreat, scattering several liberal handfuls of norefes* spikes on the ground in front of him, and he and his squad ducked into a maintenance hatch. Unfortunately, his squad didn't escape as unscratched as Oep'tas, and one private had his head blown clear of his shoulders, and a corporal was still reeling from the after effects of being hit by a mace-tail. "Well chief, what'll we do now?" said an underling. Pausing to think over the countless scenarios that he had run into, Oep'tas decided that the best course of action was to wait. "We'll let 'em get poisoned from the norefes" Turning his attention to the deceased private, he decided, 'Waste not want not' and gave his men the order to feed, which they did loudly and with intense enthusiasm.

Ieh'koles, meanwhile, was too busy reporting to Nexus to be bothered with the events of the present until he had stepped into his shuttle and sat on the makeshift command throne when one of his calls came through. Ieh'koles was already in a foul mood since he had been unable to obtain tech for Nexus and had been unable to retrieve his pistol. Fuming, he roared at the unfortunate Gosaan on the opposite end to "Give the problem to a planetmaster! Unless you're stupider than you sound, space combat is my forte. Besides, they landed on a fortress world, so they'll be overrun soon anyway." Firmly annoyed, he was content to fume and sulk on the long return flight to his ship.

In the ensuing hours of spaceflight, the Fiikkalian ground forces were fighting a stalemated battle inside of a large city, against Gosaan troops who were as vengeful and entrenched as the Fiikkalians. "I don't care if they have superior armor and hostages!" roared the force commander "Get us an airstrike, NOW! Our frontline is falling apart!"

* small barbed spikes (usually poisoned) that stick to floors, walls, and the bodies of those unfortunate enough to step on them
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 05:27:55 pm by 4d »

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2008, 11:07:09 pm »
((I think it would be too difficult to fit you in, and what would you play as?  And what happened to Josasa?))
Well ,figuring since I kinda ditched my old creature Ill probably introduce a new one here :-\

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2008, 11:07:58 pm »
ooc- I've got a lot on my plate on and off the screen, so I don't think you can join in quite yet. Later, definately.

for sure :)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2008, 01:59:32 pm »

"Yes, we would not want to hurt relations by selling something that the consumer wasn't able to see. Later on i can take you through the genetic banks that house our entire collection of plant species. Some are original, as in taken directly from the planet, but most are concoctions in an attempt to create a better plant.

"And we would love to attain that excess of heavy metals. We are willing to trade a large amount of material."

The captain awaited their responses.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2008, 04:07:02 pm »
//What materials are you willing to trade? If avalable, Iron or Calcium will be acceptable.//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2008, 03:46:13 pm »
Buky wistled into his computer,
//We will trade 5 million Vyku weight units of iron to the Nakama, and 500 thousand Vyku weight equivalents to the H'qur for towing privileges.  For your information one Vyku weight unit is one tenth of my weight.  All of this is obtainable in our solar system's asteroid field, so the Noinu will have to come to the Xwi system at the closure of this meeting.  In return for our iron, we require a sampling of plants designed to terraform a planet's biosphere, if you've got it.//

((Josasa, we really need you to post, like, right now.))

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2008, 02:49:22 pm »
((Really sorry everyone. School has started and its been quite hectic))

//That is excellent news. I will arrange to have the Noinu arrive in your system after the departure of all foreign objects.

We do, in fact, have a supply of calcium, although it isn't as large as we wished it was. We would be willing to trade this for your excess heavy metals.

As for now, i can call up our biological specialist to show you about the largest greenhouse we have aboard the ship. There you can observe our wide variety of plants and take your pick. In fact i think she has arrived just now...//

At that moment, just as it had been planned, the senior biological specialist walked into the room carrying a data pad in her one appendage. She made her way to the alien creature and introduced herself.

//Greetings,
I am Wiik, Senior Biological Specialist aboard the Noinu. Whenever you are ready i will escort you to the greenhouse and give you a tour of the facilities.//

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2008, 04:11:48 pm »
//That will be acceptable.// the H'qur tripod said to the captain.

//Biological recycling is at optimal efficiency. However, Diplomat is curious about the Noinu specimens. Diplomat will follow.//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2008, 04:36:57 pm »
Noinu Negotiation Table

//We will accompany you to the greenhouse.  We really need those plants because we have found a new planet, however it's atmoshere needs thickening for us to be able to breath it,// Buky said to Wiik, while motioning for Wiro to follow him.

Aboard the Vykusi Ship

The first officer of the ship was busy with normal ships business when the ship received a signal from somewhere outside the solar system.  It was from the Fiikkal.

~"Commander Guno, we have received an automatically sent from the Fiikkal."~

~"The Fiikkal?!  I thought they trusted no-one?"~ questioned Guno.

~"It appears to have been meant for their command base on Fiik.  The report states that their emitter array has been damaged, they have been forced to send troops planet bound, and that they are on Intruder Alert.  The co-ordinates put them in, the "Jalesoke" system."~

~"Contact Captain Buky, he should be made aware of this."~

Transmitting signal to Buky PSC.

((Everyone should use those "Place markers" if their post takes place in more than one location, however, it's unnecessary if it's only one and the "main" location, but should be used if it takes place "elsewhere".))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 06:13:49 am by Kenotai »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2008, 09:19:36 pm »
The Noinu's Greenhouse

Wiik led the two foreign creatures to the nearby transportation car. Once everyone was aboard it zipped them back towards the outer hull of the ship was. It took several minutes, but they arrived in good time.

//If you would follow me.// Wiik said as she stepped off the car. They had stepped out onto a large platform that was positioned amidst a large chunk of vegetation. Large and small specimens of plants could be spotted everywhere, along with a variety of smaller creatures that moved about the jungle.

//As you can see, we have a wide selection to choose from. This is only one 'cell' among many. Some plants can survive in only certain conditions or can only be grown in solitary confinement. I can access the biological database and narrow your search down to specific species. I believe that you will find this to be a more than adequate variety for your terraforming needs, or any other needs to may come across. Name your requirements.//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2008, 02:08:59 pm »
//Our terraform process is divided into four steps.  The first is releasing a bacteria capable of separating the gases from the soil, and releasing it into the air.  Next is a plant that can release water locked in the ice into the air in a gas form, so we need a plant that can generate its own heat.  Then a normal plant that can withstand the cold temperatures, but heats the air as it goes.  The carbon dioxide should then out gas into the air, warming the planet.  Finally, a hot weather plant.  One final request is 100 trillion liters of water to supplement the water already on the planet.  Co-ordinates of an ocean planet could be given.//  His computer beeped, signaling a received signal.  He got mad real quick.

~"THOSE "JALESOKE" BEINGS ARE UNBELIEVABLE."~ Calming down, he spoke into his computer  //The "Jalesoke" beings attacked the Fiikkal, without provocation.  We wish to render assistance, but our ship cannot go their as of now. *turns to the Diplomat* Could you send a ship to "Jalesoke" to help the Fiikkal?//

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2008, 04:33:18 pm »
Noinu's Greenhouse

//Message transmitted. Mothership en route. Estimated time to arrival: 0.16 standard roatations...

0.14...//

========

Gosaan System:

A large craft, the H'qur Mother ship, entered the system. It scanned for Gosaan and Fiikkal forces, then transmitted to both in the Gosaan Language.

//Motive for conflict?//

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2008, 03:15:19 pm »
((Josasa, could you possibly post in this, or have you completely given up on this RP?))

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2008, 03:22:46 pm »
((Sure, but this does seem dead. There's not much i can describe....))

//Ahh, i see what you need.//

Wiik started tapping away at the keyboard of the computer and quickly located several different species for each of the needs listed. She selected them and immediately little robots skittered away from the platform to collet the needed specimens.

//The required plants and animals will arrive shortly. I hope they can meet your requirements.//