Author Topic: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan  (Read 22628 times)

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:04:21 pm »
[since I'm not very certain about any of the RPs here, I'll just post a story unless someone comes in screaming about how I am required to join an RP]

To Outsiders, the Jel'osken system was in chaos. Various Gosaan ships vied for supremacy in the void in an almost eternal "contest" of civil wars scared away even the dumbest of alien explorers (actually, no one had even bothered to map this part of space yet). And yet, Spacemaster Yartan Vol'eos calmly watched the unfolding destruction from the bridge of his Willbreaker class destroyer. Taking a sip from a drink, he pulled up a display of events on his desk's screen and sat down to watch and order his fleet to kill.

Vol'eos was one of the more popular Spacemasters, and his tactical supremacy, unfailing 'manners' and sheer brilliance in Total War made him and his fleet a fan favorite. Yes. A fan favorite. You see, the Gosaan have a central government, but each planet is granted a degree of independence from the Capitol, and; with a species as violent as Gosaan, the government let the Fleet and Army play highly-publicised wargames (with more emphasis on war than games) as a way to blow off steam and generate healthy revenue.

Getting back to Vol'eos, he had finished his drink and had his fill of waiting on the sidelines. Taking the elevator from the general quarters to the bridge, he arrived at the perfect time. The pawnships of Spacemasters Gar'vos and Sal'shas were making little headway, so Vol'eos decided to move in for the kills that doubtless sell out thousands of SpaceMaster Yartan Vol'eos dolls. "Control, plot a course to take us between the two pawnships. Weapons, give me firing solutions for missile pods A-G on starboard and AA-HH on port! Sound collision alarms and evacuate and de-pressurize all nonessential sections." As the destroyer moved towards the stalemate, Vol'eos smiled. He was in his element.

The two pawnships were still fighting when Vol'eos fired the Willbreaker's main cannon, which blasted a sizable hole through Gar'vos' pawnship. Startled, the two pawnships immediately ceased firing on each other to turn so that they could give the Willbreaker a broadside. "Fire main cannon at the undamaged one, and launch 4 missiles from pods A-G on my mark!" spat Vol'eos. As the ensign at the weapons console entered in the various commands, Vol'eos double-checked his math. After counting down from 7, he roared "Fire main cannon!" at a rough 6.5, which was quickly followed by "Fire missiles!" at 2.7 with a grin tugging at the corner of his narrow, crocodile like mouth, he watched the pawnships fire their own missiles. Once the enemy warheads were within autocannon range, he gave the command to fire scramblers. In less than a second after the scramblers launched, Vol'eos suddenly thought about how Gar'vos and Sal'shas had hidden nukes in the small group of missiles that were about to detonate a reasonably safe distance from his ship?

Banishing the thought entirely, he waited, and let his barbed tongue slide over his lips in nervous anticipation. The countdown timer reached zero, and the scramblers worked wonders. A dozen detonations lit up as the missiles exploded, leaving Vol'eos momentarily blinded, as well as the two pawnships. As the image of the explosions was burned into his retinas, Vol'eos gave a small fighter crew the order to attack. As the explosions faded, the volunteers on the pawnships stopped cheering their victory and began praying as a small swarm of fighters screamed into view. A few minutes later it was over. Missiles launched from the fighters reduced the pawnships to little more than deformed hulks floating lifelessly. Almost bursting with pride, Vol'eos recalled his fighters and marked the wrecks for pickup.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Fist of The Gosaan
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »
((Very interesting, but how does it involve other races? Is this just a story?))

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 04:54:10 pm »
It's pretty much a story, although if anyone wants to join in they can do some RPing

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 05:52:37 pm »
((Hell, I'm desperate. I'll join if you have a slot open for another race.))

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:06 am »
post away, Grievi!

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 12:38:53 pm »
~"Krakis! Come quick!  It's like the Fire Show, only a lot bigger!"~

A Consquar walks over and looks at the monitor. Images of missiles exploding lit up the screen. Nuhlik had added a visual sonar to the communication module, so now they had the ability to see space pictures!

Krakis waves around his face hands, ~"What is happening? It doesn't look like a Fire Show...."~

Nuhlik sighs, ~"Not every race is appalled by killing, unfortunately. They have Big Weapons. I suppose you have to go tell the Guild Representatives to hurry up with that ship. Tell them volunteer work alone won't do it."~

Krakis bows, both sets of hands together.

Nuhlik smiles, ~"Pleasure and fortune upon you, my student. Now, let me open a com-channel to them.~

Krakis runs out of the room as Nuhlik opens a com-channel to the distant fleets.

The message is: 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,1012...in a repeating pattern, as well as Nuhlik saying, ~"Hello. Anyone out there?"~
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 02:14:06 pm »
As Yartan watched his score update, an ensign stumbled to his station. "Shipmaster, sir! We're recieving a transmission from somewhere in-system!" "Broadcast, ensign, and send copies to the Firm (Gosaan government)" Almost immediatly alien characters and strange speech patterns apperaed on his screen and were broadcast across the ship PA. "Control, move us to the stardocks on Firmworld, and make it quick!" "Speech, broadcast a ceasefire- I think the other shipmasters would like to hear this"

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 03:56:58 pm »
Nuhlik rubs his eyes. Sometimes his job could be boring. Waiting for a response for example...

Krakis was slumped over in the corner, snoring. Lazy git. He should be awake!

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 06:02:02 pm »
A lone H'qur scoutship had stumbled apon the system days before. They had marked it on their maps, and now waited outside the system for their mother craft to catch up, carrying with it a proper team of scientists, colonists, and diplomats. They were specifically instructed to not make contact with any other races that happened by, unless they hailed them first.

On their eighth day of observation, they picked up the signature of the Consquar ship, and soon after, their message to the Gosaan fleets. Interested in the development, and it's use in diplomacy with both the Consquar and Gosaan, they kept their sensors on the Consquar ship.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 06:16:30 pm »
Being a lowly soldier, Vol'eos was unable to sit in on the Firm's meeting, but saw several SpaceMasters, LandMasters, and PlanetMasters arrive and leave. Finally, he was called in. The room was covered in shadows, but the overpowering presence and voices of the Firm rang out. "Shipmaster Yartan Vol'eos; The Games have been cancelled, and every ship is on combat alert. You will take this battlegroup and find the starship of these fools, and attempt to steal a BrightSpace (lightspeed) drive. Or, you will take a small diplomatic crew and pose as friends. Gather as much information on them and their technology as you can pinpoint Wealthworlds and targets of Opprotunity, and report back to us." Vol'eos dropped to one knee. "I will perform your duties to the best of my abilities" Bowing, he turned and left. After a long moment's thought, he popped into a Comm Booth to drop a line to the Assassin Corps. After outlining the mission to them, he went off to commmandeer a diplomatic shuttle.

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 09:22:31 pm »
((The Consquar's don't have ships yet. Their on the planet.))

Nuhlik sighed as Krakis rubbed his eyes, "Their sending a ship. Diplomatic, it looks like..."

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 07:17:35 am »
((This is a non-canon, just for fun RP, correct?  Because aren't the Consquar NG?  If it is non-canon this would be great place to practice my roleplaying. ;)))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 07:41:00 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 08:28:40 am »
it's noncanon, so you can join

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 08:45:49 am »
Mylo couldn't sleep.  He had heard about the space legends.  The space captains had been talking about a system not far from Xwi.  Transmissions from inside the system had called it "Jalesoke".  They had seen the ships.  They were a fighter race for sure.

Morning came, and he had to go to work.  He fixed ships for a living, which is how he heard the stories. 

~"Mylo, I know you don't like to go into space, but I can't wait here for my Astrobiology lab to be fixed, so I'm taking you with me."~ Said Captain Buky
~"You can't do this, I have other ships to fix"~
~"I already discussed it with the other captains, you're coming whether you like it of not!"~
~"Fine, fine, whatever."~

Little did he know, the ship was heading for the "Jalesoke" system to "deal" with the race that existed there.

OOC:Sorry if it's kind crappy, this is my first spore RP ever.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:50:15 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 09:18:15 am »
The primitive, barely flyable diplomatic craft ripped it's way out of Brightspace, and immediatly ignited forward thrusters to slow the ungainly craft.  After broadcasting several numbers and short sentences.Eventually, recieving only more numbers from these 'Konz'quars' they passed into a planetary zone that ignited a planet awash with lights and cities, and blank spots where nothing shone. Coming into the control center, Vol'eos ordered the pilots to scan for the city with the densest population. The pilots roled their eyes, since it was simple andcommon sense. Returning to the hold, Vol'eos strapped on his personal armor, doublechecking suit dentacles, the scissor-machete on his right arm, and helmet functions. Behind him, the two assassins doublechecked the weapons they had hidden in scale-braids, boots, cloaks, and their own mouths, they felt the ship touch down and the chains that held the atmospheric wings wind up the mast and the landing ramp come down. Almost as an afterthought, Vol'eos put his helmet back in his locker and pulled out a pair of aviator-like combat glasses. Putting on his best smile, he moved in front of 'diplomats' and walked down the ramp onto the landing pad.