Author Topic: SporeScope v1.0.6 for Firefox 2 & 3 - Fixed again  (Read 65548 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: SporeScope v1.0.6 for Firefox 2 & 3 - Fixed again
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2009, 12:22:56 pm »
If you're suggesting creating the tree structure by finding the parent of every creation in Sporepedia, then that would qualify as taking a "lot of time and space". Considering it takes a second or so to get the information on each creation, and there are 80 million creations... it would take 2 and a half YEARS to construct that information. Memory constraints aside.

Although making it so that it shows the parent would be enough for most people, at least they can see when stuff is "stolen".
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline schnautzr

• Atari Combat Vet
  • from microbe to Spinosaur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2009, 02:30:18 pm »
I agree that the child implementation would indeed be highly impractical to implement, not to mention it might cause a PING of death.

However, I do like the idea of seeing which ones are stolen using the parent feature.  This would be very handy for those of us like myself who manage sporecasts.

Offline schnautzr

• Atari Combat Vet
  • from microbe to Spinosaur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2009, 08:54:49 pm »
Would it be possible to add in a set of labels that tells what archetypes a creature belongs to?  The list of archetypes can be found at the link below, fairly self-explanatory. All of the information needed to figure out the archetypes is visible already with SporeScope, and it would definitely add a new use for it.

Link (you can't access this anymore unless you remember the link; the page is now entirley orphaned!): http://www.spore.com/comm/tutorials/archetypes

Offline KazarSanaga

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2009, 05:56:03 pm »
Hey Immortius; there was a nice update of the Spore site today pertaining to the soon to be released Galactic Adventures and the Sporescope seems to be fine, but you know your plug-in better than anyone if you want to check it out.

Offline TeamM

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2009, 01:54:29 am »
Actually the new version of the website is NOT fully compatible with Sporescope.  Most things seem to be okay, but the specific sub-types of all creations is showing up as "undefined."  In other words, creatures don't display what stage they are, vehicles don't display what function they provide, and buildings don't display what type they are.  The other stats seem to be working.