Author Topic: Mac Help  (Read 1184 times)

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
Mac Help
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:19:38 pm »
So at the new house im living at the only computer is a Mac/Apple whatever you guys call them, but already Ive had some difficulties with them. First of all and most importantly I cannot use MSN because whenever I try to install it a window flashes up saying "This Program cannot be run in DOS mode" and then theres all this crazy lettering after that which im guessing is code. The same goes for a game I got off the internet, Im thinking the game itself isnt able to run on a Mac because it gives me the same message. If anyone can help me with the MSN problem that would be great, I mean they wouldnt stop people from accessing MSN on a Mac would they?!?

Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Mac Help
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:07:30 pm »
Microsoft has an online MSN called Web Messenger if you'd like to google that. It's very basic and has none of MSN's cool features.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 05:50:45 pm »
I never had a mac but I suggest getting something called Wine.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline BlueBottle

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 06:52:35 pm »
Look at http://www.microsoft.com/mactopia for Microsoft's Mac OS X downloads, including MSN Messenger for Mac.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 09:42:45 am »
Awsome thanks alot guys, appreciate it! Any idea on getting the game to work?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 03:00:13 pm by Durgon »
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals