Author Topic: New videos! (SPACE STAGE UP!)  (Read 31846 times)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: New videos! (SPACE STAGE UP!)
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2008, 09:41:04 am »
I would cancel the preorder if I hadn't already paid like 79 dollars already for it (thats the game plus shipping) on Amazon. I mostly want to guarantee that I can get the Galactic edition, which according to Amazon will be in on the 9th, but that could change, hopefully.

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2008, 05:15:09 pm »
However I have made the decision that I will wait a few months after Spore has come out before I purchase it. There are too many unknown gameplay variables for me the buy this game upfront without solid reviews.

Why wait months for reviews? 99% of the reviews will be out within the first two weeks after release.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2008, 05:41:41 pm »
Space always seems to get the raw deal. When they do show space it generally centers around terraforming. Hardly any information has been released on how player interactions with other empires will go. Can you build a colony on a world that already has an alien colony on it? Can you use Civ military units? Is it possible for your planets to rebel against you? Will you be able to use economic means to purchase a world away from a rival or convert it away? Can the AI do these things to you?

The list can go on and on. We really haven't learned anything about Space gameplay at all. As Orly posted, there is only a month to go. However I have made the decision that I will wait a few months after Spore has come out before I purchase it. There are too many unknown gameplay variables for me the buy this game upfront without solid reviews. If it turns out to be great then it will still be great a few months down the line. Who knows, by that time more info on expansions or patches could be released as well.

Actually, methinks most of those questions you posted have been answered already...
IIRC (and this is foggy, so anyone feel free to correct me), you can place colonies on a planet that already has a colony on it that isn't yours (I think it can actually be a kind of race, to see who can put the most down and thus conquer the planet).  You can't use civ military units, only your UFO.  I'm not sure about the buying a planet from an empire,  Though you might be able to....also, the AI won't be able to use 'superweapons' on you, like the planetbuster, so the way they will attack you (convert you, bribe you) won't be as extreme as what you can do to them....I think you just need to look around a little harder to find answers.  And remember, more information is definitely going to be coming in in the next month, that's how advertising works.  Much of it will be exactly the same, in order to get the message out about the basics of the game, but within the repetitive stuff will be new info...

Feel free to wait a while before purchasing (not a bad idea in general, a good consumer is an informed consumer).  I can almost guarantee that within the first 24 hours, there will be multiple threads extolling all the great parts/vilifying all the bad parts of the game, and posting lots of vids and pictures of them playing the game (Imagine the amount of information and new stuff within the first week!), so you could probably get a pretty good review of the game just by watching/looking at/reading all that stuff.

And yeah, that was really underwhelming as a vid.  More game time for space!!!!  And a presenter who has an easier time multitasking (talking about the game and playing it at the same time)!
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline darkwanderer

• Astrosmasher!
  • Step into the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2008, 06:25:41 pm »
im almost certain you can use civ units in space, or they completely use their value

also in the hidden text documents it said theres tribe civ and space missions meaning that a tribe planet will let you play tribe stage style, a civ planet civ style, etc etc

Offline fdkotor

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2008, 10:51:40 pm »
That was such a sad looking video :'(

But I did see something that was puzzling isn't moons out of the game and if so why is there one right next to that planet because clearly it can't be its own planet, it is way to close to it.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2008, 10:56:04 pm »
Well, gas giants are big enough to have moons the size of planets, in fact, some moons in our solar system are the size of mercury or bigger. They would count as planets if they had thier own orbit.

In another video or something, it said that Will blew up the planet which also destroyed it's moon.

Besides, I don't think I've ever heard anything about moons not bieng in the game.

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2008, 11:19:47 pm »
That was such a sad looking video :'(

But I did see something that was puzzling isn't moons out of the game and if so why is there one right next to that planet because clearly it can't be its own planet, it is way to close to it.

Moons are in the game.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2008, 12:13:52 am »
I think it's incredibly immersive that, if you're in creature game and you see the moons or other planets in the sky: and you realise that you can go there after time.

Offline Judhudson

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
    • SporePrograms
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2008, 03:40:50 am »
Thanks to Rob, if you are having trouble watching it on GamesReactor, he uploaded Part 4 to YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLGF9MeM8A4
Owner of SporePrograms & SimPrograms
http://www.sporeprograms.com - http://www.simprograms.com

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2008, 10:23:29 am »
These vids were great :D
I'm glad I came back from my vacation after all 4 vids were released :P
The creature phase vid was by far the best. Seriously, I think I'll spend way more time in creature phase then all other phases combined, with the exception of space.
Reason: If I'm right, you can venture outside your ship in space :P

Offline Serinen

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Excellent
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2008, 10:32:14 am »
The game is looking amazing, I was really only interested in the space stage, now I think the creature phase is my new love ;D .
My Sporepedia Page
The First Spore Stop Motion Animation
An analog man lost in a digital age... cue the sad music.

Offline Cosmosis

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Main Creatures: "Hop Hop", "Tik Tak" and "Bum Bum"
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2008, 11:34:17 am »
If the game was leaked, would any of you get it? Illegit?

ME? I'd do it in a heartbeat - but still by the game when it's released.
*loves Cosmosis for his ridiculous optimism* ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE! ;D

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2008, 11:52:25 am »
If the game was leaked, would any of you get it? Illegit?

ME? I'd do it in a heartbeat

Offline Rct2mad

• Ultima Lord
  • =)
    • View Profile
    • Spore-Galore (Link may not work)
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2008, 12:42:13 pm »
^^

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »
I have to admit I'd probably get it illegit if it was leaked early, but I'd STILL be buying the galactic edition and uninstalling the other one.

I have trouble having moral delmas about downloading games illegally that I own.

Like for instance, I lost a game, but had the case with my CD Key, so I just downloaded a virtual CD of it. :P

I don't like downloading games I don't own already though. I'm weird like that.