Author Topic: Xbox 360 refurbished scam?  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Kregaaron

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
Xbox 360 refurbished scam?
« on: July 27, 2008, 10:27:52 pm »
http://www.refurbishedxbox360s.com/faq.php

I have not found anything about this site indicating it is a scam, but I am sure it is. Still, would like to see what you guys think and could dig up on it.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 refurbished scam?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:29:44 pm »
Never buy anything refurbished or used...I bought a ps2 from a group like them the thing blew up when I turned it on. Then I got a second one and that one destroyed my cd's inside of it. Lastly the third one had cut wires. Your better off spending the extra cash for a brand new system.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 10:51:32 pm »
I wouldn't trust it, plus you have to sign up for a bunch of stuff, so you'll probably be paying more then $34.99, never mind they'll also probably steal your identification and sell it and your credit card info to someone else.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Kregaaron

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 11:36:49 pm »
Never buy anything refurbished or used...I bought a ps2 from a group like them the thing blew up when I turned it on. Then I got a second one and that one destroyed my cd's inside of it. Lastly the third one had cut wires. Your better off spending the extra cash for a brand new system.

I bought my second gamecube refurbished (first one broke) and ps1 used, and never had any problems with them. However I know not to trust this site, I just wanted to see peoples thoughts on it. Funny how this site and its wii affiliate are advertising here.