Author Topic: Project: Spore Cartoon  (Read 41683 times)

gec05

Project: Spore Cartoon
« on: July 25, 2008, 11:10:03 pm »

I've been thinking about this a lot every now and then. Being that I have much of the necessary resources to do so I was thinking of doing a Spore cartoon involving classic GS creatures. It'd have a decent storyline staring a rag-tag team of creatures coming together from each of their worlds in some sort of save-the-day kind of plot. Nothing complicated or long but something original that doesn't adapt to any previous RP story. References to such events should be vague. But seeing them come together in a story would be great. A lot of projects like this never even materialize but I want to see some dedicated members help out.

We need someone who can script with Flash to make a starting template of a Flash cartoon. Loading screen, play button and other interfaces. Should be simple for those that know that stuff. We need voice actors who can perform adequately and use a microphone properly in a room with good acoustics. And some artists who can make quality backgrounds and scenes. I will handle animation. And most importantly writers. I have vague ideas of a story but I'd like some suggestions for plots if you guys have any. Remember it has to be original, not based off of previous RPs.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:50:43 pm by Gec »

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Spore Cartoon
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 09:14:09 am »
I can volunteer to do sound editing.

gec05

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 12:52:12 pm »
Great. So can I entrust you to provide sound effects?

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 06:17:16 pm »
I'm not that technically qualified to do anything with programming or drawing, but I would be more than happy to help with anything I can. I have a little bit of experience writing science fiction stories, some for myself and some for classes. Besides that I can attempt some voice acting though I'm not sure that I have optimum equipment for it, but I would be happy to send samples in.

Anything else I can do let me know  ;)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 06:25:33 pm »
I'd be happy to do writing and story stuff, as long as the endeavor remains professional and not just people yelling ideas at each other :)

Also, I've been thinking a little about the ViS and what direction I took them in, and if they're involved in this they'll be more back to basics, more sinister and generally less comic relief-ish.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 06:28:26 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

gec05

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »
Great!

Well I think the most important thing we need right now is story ideas. Even just pitching a small scene or joke is nice. Everyone has an opportunity to direct this project in some way.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 06:29:09 pm »
Feel free to use any of my creatures. If you need help with any input i will try to answer as quickly as possible. I will try to help as much as i can.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

gec05

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 06:54:23 pm »
Well for starters we need a universal place like Beyon City. That would probably be the most versatile setting we can use as a starting point or a destination for a climax. Is anyone thinking of any scenarios or conflicts we can use for the plot?

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 09:11:06 pm »
I sign up for voice acting. Whatever position would fit my voice. just ask Pat, he has heard me alot.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

gec05

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 09:59:56 pm »
If I hear good things from Pat, I might make you narrator. :D Maybe send me a sample, in fact, anyone that has offered send a sample of different voices you can make.

Right now I'm working on a theme song. Hope it works out good.

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 12:38:17 am »
Cool idea. I'm too busy (and lazy) to help, but would like to offer some moral support. If you guys want to use the Borark, I give you carte-blanch with how you use them.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 03:33:14 am »
I trust that there will be as little reference as possible to Alliances/Wars? They just make it confusing. :D
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 04:29:43 am »
Is there any specific era? Like the era before or after the Aethiran Empire?

(of course if you like to use Jinnivon in the era then there is not problem. Just make up a story about a time traveling one. Maybe even found one of those old Naucean vessels they so revere as relics. After traveling back though time they get stuck in the era not know how to travel back. :) )
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:35:35 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 08:13:56 am »
Well, as a conflict I figure the heroes would have to travel through ViS space for some reason and get waylayed and possibly imprisoned.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

gec05

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 09:44:57 am »
Time travel sounds good, that was one of my earliest concepts being that races can all come together from different periods. And the ViS would intervene to stop their travels. Known alliances and wars will be very minimal.