Author Topic: Calling all movie geeks, I need help with something.  (Read 1944 times)

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
Calling all movie geeks, I need help with something.
« on: July 25, 2008, 04:08:18 pm »
Hey guys,

Basically there's this film I saw in the cinema years ago, and I just can't remember the name of the film. I'd like to watch it again but that's impossible without knowing the title. I'll try and recall as much information as I can about the movie, think of it as trivia, but I don't know the answer, only the question :p

I think I saw the movie around 6 years ago, so early 2000s probably 2002/2003.

It's a science fiction movie set in the 'not too distant future'.

The main character is a male, who I for some reason I imagine as being played by Ewan Mcgregor, this could be totally wrong though.

From what I remember of the plot, huge communites of humans are living in these massive domes, separate from the rest of humanity. Within this community a lottery is made, which, when won by an individual allows them to escape the dome, and start a new life in the outside world.

The protagonist for some reason escapes, and discovers that the lottery is not for freedom. The entire purpose of the dome is actually to grow replacement organs and body parts for citizens of the outside world, when one of the prisoners wins the lottery, they are killed, and their vital organs transplanted to a person from the outside world.

I can't really recall any more information, I don't think there will be many films that will fit that description though.

Thanks,

Joe

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 04:53:56 pm by The Dead Herring »

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all movie geeks, I need help with something.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 04:14:30 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but I just found out the movie I was talking about. Turns out my memory of Ewan Mcgreggor was correct, I did a search for his name on IMBD and looked though the films he has appeared in, and found the film I was thinking of.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399201/

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 04:24:00 pm »
Hey yeah! A buddy of mine said that was pretty good.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 08:38:51 am »
Meh, I didn't like The Island that much.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 08:56:02 am »
I had a "free" copy of it and it was all messed up so I saw like 5 seconds of it