Author Topic: Aliens exist?  (Read 27355 times)

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
Aliens exist?
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:47:32 pm »
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

Aliens exist claims former NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell.  According to him, aliens have visited our planet several times in the last six decades, all visits having been covered up by the U.S. (possibly others, too?) government.

Offline BumpyRide

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Definitely Bumpy
    • View Profile
Re: Aliens Exist?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 04:48:19 pm »
Of course extra-terrestials exist. It's atleast a statical certainty. They're probably more advanced than us too.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
Re: Aliens exist?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:50:59 pm »
To make it short and sweet: I would not be surprised if the whole cover-up bit were true. However, until you could win a court case with your evidence, it's not something that will enter the books of common knowledge.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 04:53:14 pm »
Well theirs another astronaut that went nutty. Looks like space fever is starting to claim them one by one.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline BumpyRide

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Definitely Bumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 04:53:41 pm »
They'll start calling Mitchell a senile crazy lunatic eventually. This article might even disappear in a few hours or days. Already it begins with Andrew Ryan, unless he's being sarcastic.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 05:14:05 pm »
Well theirs another astronaut that went nutty. Looks like space fever is starting to claim them one by one.

When will it not be so hard to believe? When the accepted discovery of life off this planet is on the front page of every newspaper around the world? When even the most conservative scientists and science journals are calling for the exploration of Mars and Jupiter with every reason to believe that life and the persistence of it is thriving outside our own terrestrial sphere?

*cue Cigarette smoking man appearance*  :P

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Anyhow, this is a nice little piece of the article. But seriously, if the government really was trying hard to keep information from us, it wouldn't have been leaked on some Australian news website. Though it was a nice little story to read.

Offline BumpyRide

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Definitely Bumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 05:18:30 pm »
What would the general public of raving lunatics do if they found out that they could be invaded and obliterated at any moment? The fake radio show of War of the Worlds was one thing, but letting the idiotic public learn of extra-terrestrials right now wouldn't be very good, it'd be insane hysteria and panic.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 05:21:21 pm »
Well besides the hysteria and panic, at least we would know that life out there besides us exists and is making contact with us.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 05:22:11 pm »
Yep. You'd be surprised how many military and NASA officials claim things like this and how many others repeatedly request they be released from non-disclosure agreements so that they can talk of things like this.

Also, last I checked, didn't an Australian hack the Pentagon and then claim there were aliens?

Offline BumpyRide

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Definitely Bumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 05:25:59 pm »
It was a Brit who hacked the Pentagon, and on dail-up no less. He then has run off to England. They had the blank password administrator back-door apparently.

They've been here a long time, for reasons that most would not think of, in my opinion. Consider that if a huge star long ago supernovaed, and a solar system came out of it. So maybe 1 billion year after the 'big bang' or w/e smuck, they evolve after their planet is 4.5 billion years old, just like we did. Most astronomers put the universe at I think it was 14 billion years old. They now have 8.5 billion years of civilization at this point, based on the model.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 05:29:17 pm »
Just out of curiousity, where did you get that information?

Offline BumpyRide

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Definitely Bumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 05:31:26 pm »
Big stars die sooner. The biggest die after 100 million years, I went ahead and pulled a 1 billion liver. It would supernova, having created heavy elements that would then make up the society/people of the planet from the resulting solar system. Based on our evolution, 4.5 billion years later, they would evolve sapience, and commence unto 8.5 billion years of civilization. God-like technology. The numbers are all out there, it's a simple simple simple equation.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 05:36:48 pm »
If they did evolve to sapience in 4.5 billion years, if they existed that early, if if if if. It's a potential possibility, one that would make me drool if it were true if they revealed themselves to us (Can you say immortality serum?) but a guess like that doesn't mean much to me without substantiation.

Offline BumpyRide

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Definitely Bumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 05:37:48 pm »
Even if it was a .001% chance, there would be hundreds of thousands of 8.5 billion year old civilizations in the universe. It's unimaginably big.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 05:43:18 pm »
as i have said before on the topic of aliens out there, if they didn't exist, this universe would be extremely dull.