Author Topic: spore and mashon comic book creator work together  (Read 5170 times)

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
spore and mashon comic book creator work together
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:46:34 am »
When I saw the new article on spore.Com i went to the comic con agenda and saw a refference of "mashon" and spore working together to create your comics:

http://www.mashon.com/spore/

the examples already look promising and I hope that they demo a seamless integration into spore, and possible a way of posing your crreature the way you want it to express itself.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 02:51:08 am by CosmicD »

Offline HarvesteR

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
Re: spore and mashon comic book creator work together
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:47:32 pm »
ha! that's neat!! nice find there

here's the one i did:

Space Stage FTW

Cheers

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:17:03 pm »
Nice pun on the Exodus 'stage' in SimEarth :)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:22:01 pm »
The one I did didn't save correctly. *curses his rogue FireFox, and it's quirky behavior*

Although, I'd like to comment on the backgrounds available. If those are indeed some shots from Spore, than we have some really beautiful landscapes to look forwards too.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline HarvesteR

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 06:48:27 pm »
The one I did didn't save correctly

it doesn't really 'save' the card you made... to get the image i had to print screen and then upload the image to photobucket...

oh and i made it based on the 250 arco 'feature' of SimCity 2000... but SimEarth could work as well  ;)
thanks for the nice comment!

Cheers

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 06:49:28 pm »
The one I did didn't save correctly

it doesn't really 'save' the card you made... to get the image i had to print screen and then upload the image to photobucket...

oh and i made it based on the 250 arco 'feature' of SimCity 2000... but SimEarth could work as well  ;)
thanks for the nice comment!

Cheers

It saves. The Exodus one is on there. Others are on there. There must be a way to save if somehow if it's showing up in the Gallery.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline HarvesteR

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 07:35:37 pm »
It saves. The Exodus one is on there. Others are on there. There must be a way to save if somehow if it's showing up in the Gallery.

It saves internally... but as far as i know there was no way to export an image out of it... since it's flash based and all...
i think it might be generated on load, based on the images you chose and their positions... you know, procedural  ;D

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 08:17:42 pm »
It saves internally... but as far as i know there was no way to export an image out of it... since it's flash based and all...
i think it might be generated on load, based on the images you chose and their positions... you know, procedural  ;D

Yes, but what I'm saying is that the one I made didn't get saved internally. It's not on there for me to take a picture off or even point out and say "hey, I did that one". :P It's not important. Nevermind.

Offline Rct2mad

• Ultima Lord
  • =)
    • View Profile
    • Spore-Galore (Link may not work)
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 01:17:58 am »

Forgot to save mine :'(

Offline HarvesteR

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 02:54:43 pm »
Yes, but what I'm saying is that the one I made didn't get saved internally. It's not on there for me to take a picture off or even point out and say "hey, I did that one". :P It's not important. Nevermind.

did you register on the site? i think it won't store if you don't register... other than that i don't know... maybe try again?

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 11:36:47 pm »
I found out something new on the subject:

http://gaming.freedomblogging.com/2008/07/21/spore-the-comic-book-coming-soon/

And then it leaves me somewhat confused. Cause Isn't the point of making a comic that you use your own creatures in your own backgrounds to create the story that you want? In the article they say one of the restrictions of the spore comic book creator (which is also online only) that you can't upload your own custom stuff for this editor and have to use existing assets. Doesn't this go against one of the pillars of spore which seems to be "get emotionally connected with your own creation and tell stories with it ?).

For the rest it's a good tool ofcourse and I just hope EA will lift that one restriction when the game is released.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 05:50:10 am »
I found out something new on the subject:

http://gaming.freedomblogging.com/2008/07/21/spore-the-comic-book-coming-soon/

And then it leaves me somewhat confused. Cause Isn't the point of making a comic that you use your own creatures in your own backgrounds to create the story that you want? In the article they say one of the restrictions of the spore comic book creator (which is also online only) that you can't upload your own custom stuff for this editor and have to use existing assets. Doesn't this go against one of the pillars of spore which seems to be "get emotionally connected with your own creation and tell stories with it ?).

For the rest it's a good tool ofcourse and I just hope EA will lift that one restriction when the game is released.

If there is that restriction, it's probably a restriction placed by MashOn, not Maxis. They probably don't want to have to deal with a large amount of uploads, or tweak their program to better accept user generated content.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 11:21:21 pm »
anyway:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=iLZVpko4KYk

The man says "with your creature you can tell your own story". So that's out of the way i guess.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 01:59:41 pm »
Hey: a better quality video of the comic con presentation showed up:

http://www.eurogamer.fr/tv_video.php?playlist_id=12767

Offline Salazar

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 10:52:33 am »
Hmm... has this comic con Video been posted elsewhere? Or why is noone commenting on it?
Because imo its one of the best videos we've gotten so far, new details about space phase is always great :-)