Author Topic: 'African Rabies' - Real Life Zombie RP  (Read 41583 times)

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
Re: 'African Rabies' - Real Life Zombie RP
« Reply #225 on: August 21, 2008, 02:31:14 pm »
GET THEM TO SEND A ****ING HELICOPTER TO ALBERTA AND PICK ME UP!

Jesus....

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2008, 08:19:45 am »
Christ. I was on a cadet camp in the bush (I am an Australian) when large numbers of people got infected down here, and when our buses were driving back, the city was pretty much in crisis, with these zombie things everywhere. The buses pulled over, and our rank decided to take us back to the Army base. They agreed to let us in, as long as we helped out with distribution and stuff, but then it got to a point where they handed us guns. Now, I had only fired a gun about 10 times before then, and they were .22's. They gave me some great bloody Steyer, let me train on it FOR A DAY, and then me and the rest of the guys in B2 (my platoon) got thrown in this armoured convoy and we drove off to Sydney. We were rescuing survivors in these armoured buses around the outskirts, when we suddenly get a call in telling us to go into the heart of the city. Apparently they had found this huge camp of raiders or something there, and they were sending a whole bunch of men in to attack them. They said us cadets were only meant to provide communication and logistics assistance, but I knew that the brass at the base wanted us to get in there and fight. But hell, we weren't that bad in a fight, so we all decided we would do what we had to.

Well, it ended up being a massive ****ing mistake. It took us 2 hours to get in there, and the guy on the turret used up half of his masses of ammo on the way down firing at zombies that ****ing threw themselves at us. Anyway, we got to the form up point, and waited for another hour for all the other convoys to arrive. Then they sent us in. Now, in Australia we don't have many guns, so these guys were using pistols and axes and clubs and stuff, so when we attacked, they were cut down. But they had explosives. A ****-ton of explosives. There was fire and everything going up around us, and I dived out of the car and into some building. I looked up and half of us were dead. There was fire ****ing everywhere. A took a few shots, but then all these ****ing zombies came. I tried to get in the car but it was destroyed, and I was practically the last guy alive. Well, there were a few others. We all got together and pissbolted away from that place. We ended up finding the centrepoint tower. The army was keeping power on city-wide so that people could keep themselves alive easier, so the lifts worked. When we got up there, we found a few dozen civvies sitting around with almost now food, looking at the wasteland of a city around us. We decided to stay anyway. The tower is pretty much this giant bucnh of rooms on top of a skinny tube which holds a lift, a staircase (massive) and nothing else. We could defend it easy. So thats where I am now. Well, right now. I'm going looking for food tommorow. ****, I might not come back. :/

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2008, 10:46:01 am »
GET THEM TO SEND A ****ING HELICOPTER TO ALBERTA AND PICK ME UP!

Jesus....
'
!*!*@, Where are you, man? I mean, I thought I told you guys that WEM is a pick-up zone... try and make it there.

Our food seems to be holding up up here... more and more people every day.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2008, 07:51:33 pm »
Sorry for the long wait, I've been shipped out to Slavbard, we had to relocate so I couldn't post. But holy crap, MAE? WHERE ARE YOU? Christ it's cold, I'm hungry and they took all our food that we packed for "Rationing", but we are away from the raiders and zombies, thank god for the Commonwealth.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2008, 08:32:21 pm »
Commonwealth my arse. I haven't seen any damn help from the Commonwealth. I really could use a ship. I could go out to an island or something.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2008, 04:17:55 pm »
managed to loot a sidekick from an Infected corpse. We're in DC, and our tank has run dry, so we're hoofing it from here. many people we've seen on the roads are heading north. with luck, the infected will follow the meatwagon, and ignore us 12. btw, what's up with people calling infected zombies? ... infected are real, zombies aren't.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2008, 03:27:16 pm »
Sorry for the long wait, I've been shipped out to Slavbard, we had to relocate so I couldn't post. But holy crap, MAE? WHERE ARE YOU? Christ it's cold, I'm hungry and they took all our food that we packed for "Rationing", but we are away from the raiders and zombies, thank god for the Commonwealth.

Haha, glad to hear someone made it out. I'm in the red district of Camp Portown. Look for the red tent with number 18 on the side - I've still got some damn Mars bars from my corner store... damn I'm glad I brought them - they're like gold out here.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2008, 03:59:24 pm »
Battery power low. screen flickering. Recharger broken. Killed zombies though. Safe for now. This may be my last post before my power runs out. GTG power finally gone. Adios.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2008, 08:13:27 pm »
/*/Connection Found/*/

Hello?  Is anyone there?  Is anyone still alive?  I've been on the move, heading west to the mountains.  I don't know, by my estimate I'm in Saskatchewan or something.  Havn't seen another person since Ontario.  For the last week there's been nothing at all, just the occational zombie(s) crossing my path.  Am I alone?  Am I the only one left?  For God's sake, if you're out there.  If anybody's out there...

/*/Connection Lost/*/
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2008, 08:47:45 pm »
I never cAred Much for moonlIt skies, i Never winked back at fiRE flies, but now thAt the stars are in your eyes i'm begining to see the Light. i never wenT in foR after glOw, or candlelit on the missle tow, bUt now when you turn the lamp down low i'm Begining to see the Light. usEd to ramble tHrough thE park, shadow boxing in the dark, then you came and cause a spark thats a four aLarm fire now. i never made love by lantern shine, i never saw rainbows in my wine, but now that your liPs are burning mine i'm begining to see the light.

"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2008, 01:14:52 am »
Hmmm. It appears I have internet. That's interesting. There are still functioning satellites?

Glad to see someone else is alive out there. I've been picking through the ruins of D.C. for a while now, and the only things I have seen are the odd zombies, and the dog packs. The strays are actually more of a problem than the zombies, but they kill each other, too, so that's a bonus.

I guess it's been, what, a year since everything went to hell? I celebrated my brithday recently. Ate some slightly gone icing I found in the storage at a grocery.

The streets are, for the most part, intact, but it's really desolate out here. I havn't spoken to anyone in months. So, please, someone come find me. I'm currently based in a KFC in the north end. Don't shoot the guard dog, please.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2008, 07:06:20 am »
Charlie Alpha Papa Tango Uniform Romeo Echo Delta   Bravo Yankee   Romeo Echo Bravo Echol Lima Sierra   Hotel Echo Lima Papa   Golf

Oscar Delta   Hotel Echo Lima Papa   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:10:01 am by Andrew Ryan »

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2008, 07:06:48 pm »
Exactly!  Ah ha!!  Oh, I can't tell you how good it is to hear from someone.  You have no idea ho desolate it is out here.  After the wildfires half the prairies are baren wasteland.  I've been staying alive on a case by case basis, raiding abandoned settlements when possible.  Of course, the flatness of everything out here is a bit of a boon.  I can see anything comming from any direction from a good 50 km off.

This is a good day.  The first good day in an awfully long time.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2008, 11:41:05 pm »
Its still pretty active in Sydney. I think it's because it is very spread out, and there isn't much food in the country. Still, its been getting quieter. I can see less fires.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2008, 02:22:21 am »
Amazing, my net's still on. Shame I have to use fuel to keep the lappy on. Anyhow:

What's up with Andrew Ryan spamming? I  thought he said earlier in the thread he was not gonna be on anymore?

Anyways, It's pretty clear out here. I've got myself a comfortable stockpile of looted food, fuel, and a sharpened signpost, so I'll be, err, sightseeing I guess. Maybe the capitol buildings are still occupied.