Author Topic: 'African Rabies' - Real Life Zombie RP  (Read 41285 times)

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: 'African Rabies' - Real Life Zombe RP
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 12:11:48 pm »
i guess it's an effective way of halting the population growth and making the world more roomey.

um.

Offline Wonderful Lizard of Oz

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Release the gecko!
    • View Profile
    • Hall of Rejected Universes
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 12:22:50 pm »
It's apparently driving the poor things insane.  I heard on Fox News that there's been a bunch of "tokoloshi" sitings in Africa lately.  So this is the see-monsters-under-your-bed disease?
"And your little lizard too!"
-The Wicked Witch of the West

Error 658:There are lizards in your computer.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 12:34:10 pm »
I just read of a case of this disease reported from the hospital at Tel Aviv, Isreal. Man this thing is spreading like wildfire.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 12:35:02 pm »
I'm agreeing with a lot of you people. This is just another problem that the media blows out of proportion. Probably because those 24 hour tv channels have nothing else to air.

Even so, i've got two cousins who are considering going into the WHO...

The best way to solve problems like these is to kill anyone that has signs of it. However unhumanitarian that may sound, it gets the job done.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:38:01 pm by Josasa »

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 12:49:36 pm »
Sh*t, it's already in Israel? Israel's connected by borders to basically most of the Middle East. it can get into Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Egypt...

I already went out and spent about fifty bucks on food, water, batteries and flashlights today, and stashed them in my room. My parents thought I was being paranoid, but my brother chipped in another fifty and told me to go out and buy more.

Am I being paranoid?
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 12:52:29 pm »
Where do you live first off?
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 01:07:48 pm »
I live in Canada.

I mean, I've been wanting to get an emergency kit for a while, but my parents just said we'd be fine, we'd be fine. I figured better safe then sorry.

And my brother chipped in, which was weird as hell. But he does pay attention to world events, so...

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 01:12:26 pm »
All I know is that I'm safe right were I am. I got a pair of Katana's hanging in my room and a whole back pack full of camping gear ready in the garage. Overall I think I'm good on the equipment end.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 01:13:39 pm »
Sure Israel is connected to the rest of the Middle East, but that's a dead end. The only traffic going between Israel and the countries it touches are either terrorists or military personnel. Israel is a dead end.

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 01:15:52 pm »
The only camping gear we have is a camp-stove. We've had to use it when the power goes out.

Is the UN going to step in and do something?

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 01:16:32 pm »
What about those Jewish pilgrims that vist Jerusalem from Europe and the U.S? Those people could potentially leak it out to the rest of the world.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 01:18:56 pm »
Sure they could, but remember this is only one case. Also, because of rising fuel prices, a lot of people are staying put, at least for this summer. Travel is dieing down and i'm sure that any winter that we have will kill this virus, or whatever the hell it is, before it can infect any more people. No need to overreact at little things such as this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:46:41 pm by Josasa »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 03:52:04 am »
The best way to solve problems like these is to kill anyone that has signs of it. However unhumanitarian that may sound, it gets the job done.

I'm pretty much sure isolating them would be enough.

Personally, we may say that we'd just let people kill us if we're infected, but the problem is that not everybody thinks like us. Plus, if killing infected people was to be made legal, then that would mean killing everyone living in the slums would be legal too because they're just a burden to large taxpayers. What's worse is that it would mean that slaughtering millions of men, women and children living in China and India would be legal too in order to prevent a population explosion.

I don't like to see another holocaust without any good reason as to make it the only viable option.

Sorry if I overreacted a bit. Well, that's just my two cents on that.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 06:55:08 am »
Infected with what?  Nobody has any samples, the only evidence of it's symptoms are anecdotes, and the only confirmed reports are from Sudan!  For all we know it's some people having some particularly violent fever dreams, not too far fetched considering the war, and lashing out at the medical personnel caring for them.

The threat is nothing but rumor and superstition, just like every other "super" disease we've seen over the last few years.  I'm just going to forget about this and get on with my life.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 08:45:48 am »
Well, I guess so.

But it is better safe than sorry. :-\

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen ever. Take the WTC incident for example.