Author Topic: Watchmen  (Read 35791 times)

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
Re: Watchmen
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2009, 01:34:56 pm »
I saw this a few weeks back but never actually posted my comments here. I have a lot of good points about the film all of which have already been expressed yeah, I have three bad points.

One the cat thingy (( cant remembername)) it was there no explanation as to why.

Two towards the start i feel a person who did not have a understanding of the Graphic novel would be completlty Lost totally.

Three the Gorse was a TAD over the top im not saying im squemish but it did go over a line.

Overall though one of the best sci-Fi films ive seen in a long while, Im hoping It will be able to compete with Avatar and District 9 when i see them.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2009, 05:30:36 am »
The rest of the cast are regular humans, the vigilantes just happened to be well trained.

This made the comic more believable. You never really understood if the watchmen in the movie had superhuman powers, especially Veidt, who acted a bit like an X-men type mutant.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2009, 06:54:27 am »
Not to mention Dan and Laurie effortlessly snapping arms and necks despite not actually having done any vigilante-ing for years.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2009, 10:36:48 am »
I thought that the movie was...weird. I wouldn't say that it's a masterpiece, but I wouldn't say that it sucks. It's not even adequately satisfying. It was actually pretty confusing, and I read the book. But, I suppose it was okay.

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2009, 10:59:48 am »
All the bone crushing after years of retirement was a bit much, but even if they had been out of the vigilante business for a while, they probably would have kept in shape out of habit.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2009, 04:44:25 pm »
Well, you could say it's like riding a bicycle. Once you've snapped a bone, you will know how to do it forever.

I guess...

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2009, 09:45:38 am »
Yeah but fitness levels drop making the actualy physical difficulty of snapping the bone harder, Eg if you stop riding a bike for 40 years and no other excercise you will fail.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2009, 09:51:19 am »
How do you know their fitness dropped, as it was said before, they probably stayed fit out of habit.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2009, 11:22:12 am »
Well, its a safe bet. Aging and the fact that one of the watchmen Males is fat, ( not Manhattan, Rachshank((ithink thats right)) or the guy who turns evil the other one :P)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2009, 12:04:49 pm »
Yeah, Dan (Nite Owl) is pretty out of shape (but again, it shows more in the comic)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2009, 12:33:29 pm »
Rachshank((i think thats right))

Rorschach. :P

Rachshank isn't even the right pronunciation. >_>
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2009, 01:23:10 pm »
Why thank you Always :P and i couldn't really remember the pronounciation, and i knew it wasnt spelt how it sounds, so it was something like that. Also thanks KS for the name, He snaps a guys elbow at one point i remember ( dan) which would be pretty darn hard considering it was at the end of a reasonably long fight scene, so he would be tired. Yes running on adrenaline but physical exerted considering his low fitness.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2009, 10:03:24 pm »
Actually Rorschach never gave up the crime fighting even after the Nixon banned it he didn't care thats why he was a wanted criminal himself.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2009, 01:52:12 am »
He is the only one that is believably, still able to well own everything Along with Manhattan but then Manhattan's a super human.

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2010, 09:53:32 am »
Hey, anyone who likes Watchmen should check out something I've been working on. http://liquidpenguin.blogspot.com/2010/07/watchmen-comic-cut-at-midnight-all.html I think you'll really enjoy it.