Author Topic: Hall of Rejected Universes  (Read 26238 times)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
Re: Hall of Rejected Universes
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 07:00:54 pm »
Woo!

Super Mario Galaxy inspired goodness ^_^
I like this one more than 8, by concept this one seems simpler compared to 8.

So will planetoid gravity work out the same as the game or what?

Also I see some similarities between the enemies from the thread and some Mario enemies, but there small.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Wonderful Lizard of Oz

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Release the gecko!
    • View Profile
    • Hall of Rejected Universes
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 07:02:47 pm »
Planetoid gravity actually does not work like SMG gravity, at lest in relation between Planetoids.  Planetoids simply use normal gravity, but they have a field around each that stops crashing.

What similarities in creatures, though?
"And your little lizard too!"
-The Wicked Witch of the West

Error 658:There are lizards in your computer.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 07:14:34 pm »
Keep up the good work.

I'm not entirely sure how you'll make an RP out of this, but in my opinion, you don't need to :)

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Release the gecko!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 08:40:53 pm »
OK then, with the index I'll throw in a preview of the RP system.

Interesting Facts on RU1
A highly useful plant called the Bunklet, which grows blue sheet-like leaves, is used by every tribe in a different way.  The Sevvels twist its leaves into rattail like whips for beating their slaves.  The Cappiks make scarves out of them, which they die various colors based on social role (child, elder, hunter, etc).  The Pilloses use them as paper to record events with.
Interesting Facts on RU2
A legend says that in ancient times, a male jumped up and down until his tile reached hell and cursed all men, and is used to justify the sexism against men.  This is of course impossible as all tiles can go infinitely far down.
The leading cause of death in females is having all blod drained while mating.  No-one knows why.
Interesting Facts on RU3
The leading, communal fear, like snakes or spiders, is a cubequake occurring while you are between two gridcubes.  This is the most painful possible death in RU3, even ahead of being impaled on an Impaler while being wrapped in a Gelwrapper.
Interesting Facts on RU4
RU4 contains a thought equivelent to staring at Cthullu.  It is hopeful for any Mind that it will never run across them.
Interesting Facts on RU5
At least 3 pages of the Theodore Geisel book "I had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew" were courtesy of the author accidentally becoming trapped in RU5 for 3 hours before being born into RU42.
Interesting Facts on RU6
Insert's Garbage Compactor sends garbage to RU6, as he pretty much gave up on making life there.
Interesting Facts on RU7
The "Special" part of RU7 was actually an emergent feature, people weren't meant to feel all the universes.  Insert decided to keep it because he liked how society evolved.
Interesting Facts on RU8
The real reason that same-race romance is considered bad is not because of the mere physical child defects, but because the resulting children cannot reincarnate.
Interesting Facts on RU9
Before the RU9 apocalypse, people would imagine elaborate stories and transfer those thoughts instead of books or movies.  Talking only came to be in RU9 to talk to someone across the room.
Interesting Facts on RU10
RU10 Humans breathe ether.  This means that they must eat and drink more than RU42 humans, as ether does not have many nutrients in it.
RP Preview
The RP will have three sets of rules:the Standard RP Rules, a custom set or rules fit to the RP and my personal ettiquete tastes, and a new system called the Account System, which allows one person to have multiple characters, making the worlds suitably more massive and epic.
Coming Soon:Reject Universe #11

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 08:54:41 pm »
That Account system sounds like a good idea, especially for something like this, with so many storylines going on. I was mostly worried about how you'd manage it all in one RP, but now I see that you have many planned. Would RP's take place in only one universe at a time, or would there be some extradimensional travel going on?

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Release the gecko!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 08:59:55 pm »
Extrademensional travel.  Specifically from universe 42 (Yes, the RP will not start until I have that many).  Eventually more universes will be able to, as the technology is found by the others.  You see, when all the other universes are at points I describe, our universe is a millenia or so in the future.  You'll love the dimension ship's control system.  So ridiculously complicated.  So needlessly hard to learn to use.  Yet so... amazing.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 09:01:23 pm »
So it'd be mostly exploration themed?

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Release the gecko!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2008, 09:05:34 pm »
Well, a bit.  I intend there to be some adventure as well.  Like, as you'll learn in the next update, RU11 is evil.  They may just go all Morlock on you and steal your dimensioncraft.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2008, 09:07:52 pm »
Cool. Can't wait for you to hit #41 (Cause 42's allready made ;) )

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 09:40:37 pm »
are you going to go further than 42?

Anyways, I wonder if universe 41 will be the most like ours.....

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Release the gecko!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:10 am »
I'm going for a long, long time.  Definitely past 42 (Yeah, I'm actually doing a writeup on 42.  It'll tell you stuff about the future)
Reject Universe #11 (Storybook)
There was a universe that had the potential to become great.  It was one much like our own, but the planets were inside out.  Lava was on the surface, and in a cavity underneath, life bloomed, and a cradle of humanity was made of Babtu II.  But then, something happened.
Insert:What's happened?
Pelarah:Somebody hacked us!
Librage:We've gotten a signal!
Insert:What?!
Librage:The main screen has turned on.
Insert:It's you!
Naats:All of your universes, Insert, belong to me.
Naats:I will destroy you.
Insert:Naats... I thought you were Tech!
Naats:You cannot survive, Insert.
Naats:Ha ha ha ha ha....
Shortly afterwords, RU11 went offline.  An attempt to bring it back online resulted in it coming back online... with a code implanted into it that made all the people in it evil.  They were so evil that their powerplants actually got their energy from creating souls, destroying them, and collecting the energy.  They worshipped Naats and constantly did everything, every day, to spit on Insert.  Insert came to detest this universe and used its sheet (Every universe has a sheet, it contains the universe's information) as part of the Genesis Corporation's toilet.  Sadly, Insert had designed the sheets so durably that it was not damaged in this way, and its portal remains a trap for all dimension-travellers unwise enough to go there.
Coming Soon:Reject Universe #12
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 07:22:12 am by Wonderful Lizard of Oz »

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 09:21:32 am »
The whole "soul" plot sounds quite similar to something I've heard of before, I think South Park?
(But they get inspiration from just about anywhere so it could be from anything :P)

This, honestly, being the least complex of your universes makes it easier for people to access it.
Not saying complexity matters but keeping it open and simple enough for noobs to RP's  and people who don't get into them that much is nice.

Good job with this one :)

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Release the gecko!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 09:23:35 am »
Actually, Ytt, I was considering making it impossible to have a PC native to that universe, simply because it would be too tempting to have a change-to-good plot, despite the fact that for ANYONE from that universe that would be completely out of character.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 09:34:36 am »
I just notice something....

In the most recent Universe it said "RU11 went offline"
So basically this is all digital, but does that also mean they're connected?

If so could you travel between Universes via teleportation, downloads or by other means?

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Release the gecko!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 10:01:42 am »
They're actually not digital, they're warps of time and space.  The portals to them are digital.  So the universe was actually still there, it just couldn't be accessed.
Reject Universe #12
What if you were falling... falling forever?  The inhabitants of RU12 are.  There is no ground in RU12, yet everything is constantly falling.  Everything falls at different rates due to a particle, which is called a Gall.  Galls make particles near them fall faster.  Antigalls do the opposite, making particles near them fall slower.  Galls or Antigalls have various ammounts of energy which changes the magnitude of how much they make things fall.  You may say that it is cruel to make the people fall forever, yet they are not afraid.  There is nothing to hit.  Interestingly, the body produces more Galls with age, making older people fall faster.  This means that younger people live in higher communities than older ones.  However, the majority of Galls are ejected at death, making corpses disgustingly "float to the top".
Wildlife
Wildlife is very odd in RU12.  One common scavenger is the Polar, a creature manufacturing Antigalls so that it falls very slowly, and eats corpses as they float up to it.  It appears to be a sort of beaked disk with tentacles.
Another creature is the Musesphere, a falling Cube that is thought to be very wise.  It is actually just a plant and is not smart at all, but no humans have ever actually cut it apart and learned this as they are afraid that it would use its (non-existent) psychokinetic powers.
There is another creature, incidentally, called the Dumbcube, which is spherical.  It is thought of as stupid by the humans, despite the fact that it is not a creature at all but a camera used by Insert as a sort of avatar to view the world.
A very common carnivore is the Fluctuator.  It is a hairy creature with over 60 legs and a mouth described by peope as a "fairly joyous experience", though one who was eaten by it would not think that as it is actually the 3rd most painful way to die in Insert's entire multiverse.  It controls the ammount of Galls and Antigalls in its body at all times, allowing it to experly pursue prey.
Society
Society is at a period not reached on Earth.  Many aspects of life, such as entertainment, transportation, et cetera, are far below our standards.  However, the medical industry is at a point slightly above even our own.  They have a cure for 10 kinds of cancer, including liver, lung, breast, and skin cancer.
Coming Soon:Reject Universe #13