Author Topic: A Link Between Worlds  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Pitfall Phreak
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: A Link Between Worlds
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 11:29:51 am »
So I have played every single version of Zelda, including the CD-i "versions" (can't even consider them games, let alone Zelda games), and I have to say that I "get" A Link Between Worlds as it's cool and retro and plays a like the original ... but that is also why I didn't really like it that much. It plays like an old Zelda game ... and that's not necessarily a good thing. Games have come a long way since the original Zelda and I like the larger stories and expanded gameplay of the modern versions.

This game is really the bare basics (which is why people seem to like it so much) -- build up your character, find dungeon, defeat dungeon, repeat. But for me the game was a little TOO basic.

Still I did finish the game in a few days so that's something. It's not a bad game, if anything it's a solid game, but compared to past Zelda's I don't think it was anything special. Probably my favorite portable version was The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap which had lots of cool mechanics and the cap itself was a fantastically written character.

But if you want to get crazy and play the hardest game ever made (seriously) try to find Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. That game is a monster -- money is your life AND your currency, and EVERYONE in the game requires you to pay them to advance the story ... everyone.

Read the article and try playing it ... this game will literally drive you insane.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Slinky

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • ho ho ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 11:36:33 am »
A lot of the 3DS first party franchise software seems to be about easing players of older games into the new era. Mario 3D Land, the two Zelda games, the remade Star Fox, etc. I think Nintendo is trying to appeal to people who think that Nintendo isnt what it used to be, and to sort of usher them in to the new age, so to speak. I mean, a full-3D Skyward Sword-ish Zelda and a Mario 64-like game are totally possible on 3DS, but they haven't taken those opportunities. I think that we may see games like that, though, after Nintendo is done making old-but-new style games.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:39:29 am by Slinky »
Quote from: Krakow Sam
Slinky has much wisdom for one so young.
Slinky stop being a jerk.

Offline darksosize

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 10:56:00 pm »

Oh. So turns out you can just download games onto gameboys now. So I have this.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 10:58:03 pm »
About time, jerk.

I've only been telling you to get this game for weeks now!! (hi)

Offline eropS

• Dragon Warrior Slime
  • Dat klopt, ik was daar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 12:28:01 am »
I said that?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Slinky

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • ho ho ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 04:59:31 pm »

Oh. So turns out you can just download games onto gameboys now. So I have this.

PLEASE JOIN US WE NEED FLESH
Slinky has much wisdom for one so young.
Slinky stop being a jerk.