Author Topic: Wario Ware D.I.Y.  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Celdur

• Baseball SuperStar
  • :33
    • View Profile
Wario Ware D.I.Y.
« on: March 31, 2010, 01:16:24 pm »
anyone got this game yet?

its difrent than the other wario ware games, because here you make your own.
you do have to have some creativity, but the way you can make the games is pretty deep and really easy to use
and it comes with a load of premade games to play/see how they work.

ive been having loads of fun with this, it takes out the frustration of coding and all that without treating you like an idiot.
there are some limits ofcource, but you usualy dont reach them since the concept of wario ware are short and fast 4 second games anyway.

anyway, you can trade your games via wi fi,enter contests(the winners get their game for download by anyone), 2 new games are uploaded each week
and some famous developers are making their own minigames that you can download.

theres allot of content to keep you going for a long time.

heres an alright review, for more details i guess
http://ds.ign.com/articles/107/1079712p1.html

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline dndfreak

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • ^test in flash^
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mama: The Gathering
Re: Wario Ware D.Precious.Y.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 03:23:14 pm »
I'm going to grab it as soon as I can, I haven't gotten the chance yet to go out and grab it.

Edit: Got it yesterday, it's pretty awesome.  The freelance jobs are a nice touch.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:14:23 pm by dndfreak »

Offline dndfreak

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • ^test in flash^
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mama: The Gathering
Re: Wario Ware D.I.Y.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:23:53 pm »
So I've started playing around with this again... it's surprising how much you can put into something that only lasts four seconds.  The one thing I have with it is that there really isn't anything as far as non-boolean (true/false) variables go, but you can always make your own binary circuitboard if you're feeling up to it :P

Has anybody else on here tooled around with this game for more than a day or two?  It's actually pretty damn intuitive, and even for someone who doesn't want to make any of the graphics or music there's still a ton of options, plus the ability to download other people's games.  Not necessarily a must-play, but anyone who's interested in game creation but doesn't really know anything about it should check this thing out, and even if you do have a bit of experience it can make a great practice exercise that can be done on the go.

Offline Clayface

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 05:00:13 am »
dndfreak, do you know any coding languages?

i'm teaching myself c++, and as far as I can tell so far it's pretty much ALL boolian math, well to an extent, maybe 80-90%

Offline Jinkazama

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:54:26 am »
Thanks for the message. It is a very good thing for me to lern

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google