Poll

Would you ever give KH a chance?

Yes, might as well
14 (46.7%)
No, why the hell would I?
16 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: The KH Universe: Everything you need to know.  (Read 11792 times)

gec05

Re: The KH Universe: Everything you need to know.
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 01:02:35 pm »
So it really is true then?

It may have just been my personal experience but I'm not sure if the general consensus does feel the same about how they deal with their customers. Great products, but still...

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 01:07:04 pm »
Yep Sony's customer service is garbage can't deny that.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 01:32:05 pm »
Yeah Sony isn't the greatest but at least they fixed my PS2 for free ;D

Still, Gec, if you ever consider getting a ps2 (which is at a good price) pick up the first 1 in the series.
It's very good.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 11:52:18 am »
Time for an update and it's something different for once, it's a boss strategy:

Maleficent

Bio:

Sources used: KH Wiki page

Maleficent was the mastermind behind the council of Disney villains seen in Kingdom Hearts such as Hades, Captain Hook, Oogie Boogie, Ursula, and Jafar. Pete, as her then-unseen henchman, had helped assembly this group and was off building an army of Heartless for her. Acting as a guide, Maleficent warned each of her followers that they should be wary of the darkness. She led this group in pursuit of ultimate power by controlling the Heartless and unlocking the Keyhole that leads to Kingdom Hearts, the heart of all worlds.

She used Hollow Bastion, the former home of Ansem the Wise, as a base of operations where she directed the affairs of the group. She used Ansem's report to help her control the Heartless and recruited Riku, Sora's best friend, to her side. Once she saw that Riku could wield a Keyblade, she used the darkness in Riku's heart to corrupt him and turn him against his friends.

Maleficent eventually told Riku her plans to find Kingdom Hearts, involving the Princesses of Heart. Maleficent persuaded Riku to go after Kairi, as she is also a Princess. Maleficent lied to Riku and told him that she'd help Kairi regain her heart once she had control of the Kingdom Hearts.

Boss Stats:    
  • HP: 900
  • Attack: 31
  • Defense: 24
  • MP Recovery: 47
  • Experience Points: 6,000

Ability Resistance:
  • Fire efficiency is reduced to 49%
  • Blizzard efficiency is reduced to 50%
  • Gravity efficiency is reduced to 2%
  • Stop efficiency is reduced to 20%
  • Abilities that knock out the opponent have an efficiency of 50% (Basically combo finishers.)
  • Other Abilities have an efficiency of 50%

Boss Strategy:

You first encounter with this vileness is a tough one but with these strategy it's you key to success.

First thing you will notice is the floating platform that maleficent stands on.
It's too high in the air to get in affective hits on her so you'll have to wither down the platform first.
Physical punishment could do the job but the easiest way is to use the gravity spell on it to bring it down.

Tip: as the platform comes down, don't stand under it as you will take damage.
If you are an effective guard should prevent damage.

Take the time to widdle her health down with strikes or magic, if you do use magic the most affective spells are Blizzard and Fire, they do the job but aren't magic cost effective so don't spam them unless you have a large about of ether's in you item inventory in the command bar. Still take caution as you can get in a certain amount of combos in until Maleficent starts to resist. Watch her arm carefully as she has a powerful strike attack with her staff. In battle she will also spawn heartless, but ignore them and let your party handle it.

Sooner or later she gets more offensive with her attacks and casts a powerful Dark Meteor, try and avoid this with distance. One neat trick you can do is stand near her on either side just far away enough on the edge to avoid the attack altogether. But one of her more annoying means of evasion is teleporting. She'll disappear while her platform is still active, don't jump on the platform as it has a mind of it's own, if you do it will quickly spin you off but don't fret it causes no damage.

With this plan you can take her down quite easily, just follow the basic steps:

• Knock down the platform to make her venerable.
  • Watch out for her Meteor attack and close range physical attacks.
  • Ignore the heartless and attack her with offensive magic.
  • Rinse,repeat.

Winners Spoils:

You receive Ansem's Report 5 and Donald earns the ability Cheer

Cheer: Increases Summons MP gauge thus increasing attack effectiveness.

Hope this guide provides you with everything you need folks!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:01:26 pm by Yttrxium »

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 04:43:39 pm »
Bah.
I remember that fight. Damn her and her flying platform! >:(
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 05:11:10 pm »
so when do we get sephy?

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2008, 05:21:32 pm »
Right now Kaizer :D

Also to note, unlike my previous boss lowdown this was pretty much ripped from the KH wiki.
I would have done it myself but typing all that would have put more strain on my eyes, one of which popped a blood vessel so it's hard to see.

Just the utterance of his name is enough to make some of the most righteous and powerful swordsman tremble in fear as Sephiroth is arguably the hardest boss of KH1. You'd expect a lack of control with his giant Masamune, but it's the exact opposite. Don't EVER let your guard down when fighting him, some of his most basic sword swipes can be crippling and even kill in one blow in some cases.

History

Once revered as a hero (in the FF7 universe) he sought out the darkness and betrayed his allies, Zack and most importantly Cloud. Sephiroth is one of the many enhanced SOLDIERS made by Hojo (Scientist that worked for Shin-Ra and in a sense Sephiroth's father), as a super soldier of war he has abilities that surpasses the average human.

But with that power came the corruption of his mind and soul. With a power drip something forseen by Hojo and his associates his motives were to use the Lifestream as a rig to destroy the planet scourer the universe and create a new one in his image. However his plans were thwarted by Cloud and other AVALANCHE members who rose up against Shin-Ra and eventually Sephiroth himself.

Attacks:

Horizontal Slash
Description: Sephiroth's basic sword slash. Covers a long reach and has a wide arc, but can easily be deflected or jumped over.
Damage: Medium~High (depending on exposure)

Teleport Slash
Description: The second Sora delivers the finishing combo, Sephiroth will vanish and flashes behind Sora to deliver a sword slash. (teleport period approximately about 1~2 seconds.)
Damage: Medium; blockable

Stigma
Description: Sephiroth conjures three flame pillars around him. Using a special move like Ars Arcanum or Strike Raid will make Sora invincible to this attack, so it is recommended to use such techniques if you get caught in it. Sephiroth in turn is highly vulnerable while performing this move.
Damage: Medium~Very High (depending on exposure)

Heartless Angel (I bolded this one for good reason >_>)
Description: Sephiroth's trademark attack, used when around 70% of his first lifebar is shaved away. Drains Sora's HP to 1 and MP to 0. Can be interrupted if Sephiroth is hit while casting this attack. Sephiroth actually says "Heartless Angel" before using this attack, so listen carefully for it. It is best to strike him before the halo around him completes, as this will interrupt the casting. If damaged while performing this move, Sephiroth will immediately use Stigma.
Damage: Varies (no matter how much damage Sora has taken it can only reduce his HP to 1)

Omnislash
Description: Sephiroth does a frenzy of standing and leaping blows, then leaps up and does a finisher. Be wary of the last blow, because it does a great deal of damage. However, the blows are not entirely consecutive, so Sora can avoid many of them with properly timed guards and dodge rolls.
Damage: High~Fatal (depending on hits taken)

Shadow Flare
Description: Sephiroth will conjure dozens of dark orbs to surround him. The orbs serves as his shield and a distraction for a spinning sword slash. He often uses this moves many times in succession.
Damage: Medium~High (depending on exposure)

SuperNova
Description: Sephiroth's ultimate attack, his body emits a glowing white aura and he summons several meteors, which surround and orbit around him. A black hole later appears above his head and absorbs all the rocks, whom later releases a meteor homing Sora. The initial meteors can be avoided by running around them, and the last attack requires quite a bit of timing to dodge.
Damage: High~Fatal (depending on exposure)

Battle Strategy:

Preparation for the fight

Sephiroth is easily the hardest boss in the original Kingdom Hearts and a great deal of preparation is needed. First, Strike Raid, Second Chance, Dodge Roll and MP Rage are absolutely essential. If possible, equip two MP Rage, meaning, unless you chose the staff, you'll have to be at Level 66 to earn the second MP Rage. Otherwise, being above Level 55 is best. Do not equip any other special abilities like Ragnarok or Sonic Blade. Equip any other abilities to boost Sora's power like Berserk and Critical Plus. Scan is useful, as it lets you see Sephiroth's HP and know when he's about to enter the next phase of the battle, but there are other signs to let you know this. If possible, equip the Ultima Weapon keychain, but otherwise equip weapons to boost Sora's MP and magic abilities. Oathkeeper, Lionheart or Lady Luck work for this by increasing Sora's max MP while still giving a strong attack. Also equip as many Elixirs as possible, or Megalixirs if you are out of Elixirs, and be sure to get Curaga from Aerith in Hollow Bastion. Finally, equip accessories to boost Sora's defense and HP. Gaia Bangles or Omega Arts work for this. Also note that all of Sephiroth's attacks except for Stigma count as the dark element, so equipping armor to resist that element will help greatly.

• Phase One
For the first part of the battle, Sephiroth walks around the arena performing his Horizontal Slash and Stigma attacks, usually using the former when you come close. It is possible, by leaping towards him to avoid his Horizontal Slash, to hit Sephiroth with a combo, although you should Dodge Roll after hitting him to avoid his Teleport Slash. At this time, simply chip away at Sephiroth's HP with normal attacks, and heal when needed as MP Rage will restore your HP when you are attacked. It is important to note that while Sephiroth has six health bars, only five will show up, so your first attacks will only appear to do no damage, but actually are. Once Sephiroth's purple health bar is depleted, he holds out his hand and says "Come on", signaling he is entering his second phase of attack.

• Phase Two
Sephiroth begins dashing around the arena very quickly, frequently using Teleport Slash. His first move upon entering this phase is to teleport and cast Heartless Angel. It is vital to hit him with Strike Raid at this time. The casting animation for Heartless Angel involves a halo appearing around Sephiroth. If you can attack him before the halo completes, you can stop the casting. Even if he successfully starts to casts it, continue to attack him. If hit while casting Heartless Angel, Sephiroth will go into a Stigma right away, giving you enough time to use an Elixir and heal yourself. If you can't hit Sephiroth in time to stop him, your only chance is to retreat while guarding and dodge rolling, as he runs towards you and attacks right afterwards with no time for you to heal. Sephiroth uses Heartless Angel periodically during this phase, so listen carefully for him to call the attack and stop him.

Sephiroth's other tactics are to simply run around the arena using Teleport Slash frequently. His other new move, Omnislash, hits very quickly and can be difficult to survive. You can cast Curaga during the attack, but he'll likely attack you and stop you before you can cast it. A better option is to hit him with Strike Raid when he calls out the attack, as you are invincible during Strike Raid and thus can become immune to his many slashes. Otherwise, repeatedly use Dodge Roll. The first hits of Omnislash can also be guarded. After using Omnislash, Sephiroth immediately teleports and uses Heartless Angel.

In general for Phase Two, always have at least two MP so you can use Strike Raid, and keep your HP high. With MP Rage, Sephiroth will be causing you so much damage, he'll be restoring your MP quickly so keeping your MP up should not be a problem. When Sephiroth is down to his yellow health bar, he will summon a green and black aura, signalling the final phase of the battle.

• Phase Three
Sephiroth's final phase begins with him casting SuperNova. The meteors can be dodged with moderate difficulty. When Sephiroth begins the attack's end, target him and use Strike Raid - this will not damage him as Sephiroth is invincible while using SuperNova, but will make you immune to the attack's final hit. The final hit can also be dodged with proper timing by Dodge Rolling behind Sephiroth as he uses it. Sephiroth will also begin using Shadow Flare quite often and start erratically teleporting while spinning and slashing, leaving Shadow Flares in his wake. Although this seems daunting to avoid, during this time, Sephiroth is vulnerable. Instead, you can use Strike Raid, both avoiding damage and hitting him at the same time. This is perhaps the opportune moment to hit Sephiroth.

Sephiroth also retains all the attacks from his previous two phases. He still casts Heartless Angel, but no longer calls out the name of the move, making it vital to keep him targeted to know when he's casting it. Sephiroth also still uses Omnislash, and may even use it twice in a row. He still uses Stigma when interrupted while casting Heartless Angel.

Although this is easily Sephiroth's most dangerous form, the damage all of his moves can be minimized with deft dodging and usage of Strike Raid to exploit its temporary invincibility. Since he may still be landing hits on you quite often, your MP should be high throughout the phase, and healing yourself and attacking should be no trouble. As long as you can react to Sephiroth's moves quickly with the appropriate counter, you can defeat him. Focus on getting in hits whenever possible, while surviving his attacks using Curaga and Strike Raid and he will eventually be defeated.

Sadly, for a secret boss, all that effort results in no winners spoils other than 18,000 exp.
But at least you can fight him for just a challenge :P

Next boss will be another secret boss, stay tuned ^^

Trivia
  • In the Final Mix Version your prize is the keyblade One Winged Angel
  • Also in the FM version a secret cutscene between Cloud and Sephiroth

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 03:43:27 pm »
Fighting him was a bitch.
That's all I have to say.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 03:45:39 pm »
I barely got past phase 2, right after entering it I died within 5 minutes.

>_>

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 04:29:34 pm »
Wait he was in kh1 I thought he showed up as a secret boss in kh2

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 04:34:20 pm »
Yes he did as well, I'm getting right on that.
Unless you want to make a bio and strategy ^^

Seriously, anyone can submit something.