Poll

Would you ever give KH a chance?

Yes, might as well
14 (46.7%)
No, why the hell would I?
16 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: The KH Universe: Everything you need to know.  (Read 11784 times)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
The KH Universe: Everything you need to know.
« on: July 16, 2008, 06:13:23 pm »
I know what you're thinking, "KH oh no!, Run for the Hills!" but don't jump to conclusions.

So the premise of this is to show you the creatures, characters and worlds of KH so you can get a better understanding of the story and content within the games. I have a good amount of experience with the history so this can be a place for questions as well for first timers to the game series. Seriously, if you want to bash KH2 or any other title give good reason, don't shun it if you haven't even played any of the games.

I know people have there criticisms of KH2 and the series as a whole for that matter, but try and give it a chance. It's not really that bad, great story, decent gameplay, nice replay value, and amazing soundtrack; you don't come across something like this everyday so try and give it a shot.

So without further adieu!

*Edit*
For the most part this thread will be periodically updated with content by me or any other member that wants to contribute. Just remember go with the current theme of the conversation so we don't get caught in a contusion of other games in the series. If you have general questions you'd like to ask don't be afraid, I don't bite send me a PM ;)

If I don't have the answer (and sometimes I won't, I can't answer everything :P), check out the KH Wiki page for more in depth info!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:32:38 pm by Yttrxium »

Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
Re: The KH Universe: Everything you need to know.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 06:14:25 pm »

Hollow Bastion

One of the last frontiers for our KH hero Sora and friends Goofy and Donald.

A once beautiful castle at a time, but corrupted by darkness and factory construction.
The main features of the castle is it's large smoke stacks spewing some sort of crystallized energy that fills the air. Also a a beautiful yet grotesque feature of the castle is it's giant heart in the middle of the structure; part factory part stone castle. With its corruption you will notice the curvatures in the castles towers, most of them deteriorated too much to be stable housing so they're used as smoke stacks as well.

Most of the castle lack floors so locomotion is made by energy point laser guided platforms.
Since there are so many, the direction of the trolleys can be changed by crystals near the lifts of the platforms.

Below the castle lies the Rising falls and the Secret Water Ways. But even farther down below that is some sort of crystal formation that mirrors the top of Hollow Bastion, to this day it is shrouded in mystery (it could have been just used for ascetic design for the artwork, or it could have some history that hasn't been revealed just yet).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:22:52 pm by Yttrxium »

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:17:26 pm »

Rising Falls.

The first rest area for our heroes in Hollow Bastion. From in game it looks like a giant crevasse whilst water flowing up the canyon walls; a strange feet but also has an tranquil beauty. North of the initial save point is a floor made of condensed water allowing sora to walk upon it. Continue northward you will see floating bubbles, touch one and you can go under the condensed water layer to search for chests.

Continue on and there are magically floating ice like platforms from which you can jump onto eventually leading you to the platform to the castle itself which is an amazing sight to behold. This haven in a world of darkness is one of the only few places that has been basically untouched by the heartless.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:34:47 pm by Yttrxium »

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 06:17:54 pm »

Darkball.

One of the few pureblooded heartless encountered later in KH.
With it's fearsome appearance comes it's gruesome attack pattern, one of the most erratic of all the heartless encountered.

It's known abilities are basic teleportation, it will warp in and out of battle constantly making it a frustrating foe; don't underestimate them. When they do calm down beware! they use there powerful teeth to charge at you and can take a significant chunk of heath out of your HP bar. But if you are in reach attack immediately as it is very hard to get them in attack range; if that tactic doesn't work than use magic attacks from a far.

You first encounter them in Hollow bastion usually in groups of 3 to 6 and other heartless such as the Defenders and wizards. However you will see them more commonly in starter worlds such as Traverse Town, Deep Jungle and even the Wonderland World. In the line of pureblooded heartless it is a step up from a Neoshadow but a step down from an Invisible.

Item Drops

20HP orbs and 30MP orbs, 1 munny (before rescue) 5 munny after:
Secondary Items include: Mega Ether (10%), Hi- Potion (1%), Lucid Crystal (1%)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:45:56 pm by Yttrxium »

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 06:26:24 pm »
Interesting topic. I'm a huge fan of KH and KH 2 so ill be reading.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 06:31:34 pm »
Ah some feed back, don't worry I'll be going over a lot of things soon enough.

Thank you for saying something postive, so I guess I can say this now:

Any spam or rude/lude comments in this thread it will be locked and cleaned.
If that happens multiple times I will have it deleted, you have been warned.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:40:24 pm by Yttrxium »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 06:46:41 pm »
Oh yeah! 8)

Yttrxium is a Winnar x2

If you ever want a helping hand, just PM me. ;) :)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 08:09:28 pm »

Wizard

As the name applies this heartless is adept in magic, and with that it is one of the most annoying enemies to defeat in your first encounter (unless you've leveled up a great deal before hand).

As a magic master they know almost every spell Sora does excluding heal and aero.
And with that in mind magic attacks have no effect on it(except Stop and Gravity, gravity does little damage however) so physical is the only way to defeat them, but even achieving physical contact is hard with these foes. Like there heartless cousins of the bell variety these enemies float in the air making them hard to hit, so when you're close enough take and and swing away with your keyblade.

Luckily they're not that fast but don't underestimate that as there attacks are powerful especially it's thunder spell as it's invincible until the rain of lightning bolts stop; to avoid damage keep attacking it (keep in mind the heartless still takes no damage, it's just something you can do to avoid getting hurt during it's attack).

Last thing to note is it's teleporting ability it uses when it has low damage, that's what makes fighting them tricky. If you're lucky by chance when getting out of there warp they will stall and the target reticule will appear giving you a chance at a counter attack, use that chance always!

Item Drops:
They drop 45 MP orbs, items that are in inventory are Ether, Shiny Crystal and the Wizards Relic (staff for Donald, 0.2% drop rate)

Trivia
  • As the Defender is a Goofy themed heartless the Wizard is Donald's as it uses magic and has similar stances during battle.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:47:53 am by Yttrxium »

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 08:18:59 pm »
Nice thread. I used to play this game fanatically. (Only the first, second killed it for me)
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 08:23:47 pm »
Thanks, also for the most part we're here to discuss the first game so no worries.
We'll be going through the other titles as well, but that's for later.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 09:12:26 pm »
Shouldn't this be in one of the gaming pages?

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 09:14:40 pm »
Now you probably wonder why I put this thread in the Everything Else Section, 2 reasons: This is one of the most popular areas of the Gaming Steve realm, 2 being that the console game section barely gets any activity and the activity now is just E3 stuff so squeezing my thread in there would mean it would die, very very quickly :P

Besides most of the time Console section is practically dead.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 10:50:01 pm »
Why contribute to it being "dead".

You can do your part by trying to revitalize it, rather than putting a thread where it doesn't belong just for the popularity.

Everything Else
"If it doesn't fit anywhere else place it here."

It fits just fine in the console games section.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 05:28:24 am »

Behemoth
One of larger heartless from the orginal Kingdom Hearts game.It is seen as a powerful and difficult heartless.Despite being a powerful heartless its main weakness is the large horn located on its head,which you can hit with ease providing you doge its head moving.The best way to beat this heartless to leap directly onto its back and run along untill you reach its horn,remember to dodge its head as it moves,if you get knocked off and its moving too fast for you to jump on its back try jumping on to its large thighs as a means of getting on to its back.

This heartless is only found after you progress futher on in the game and unlock the final Keyhole.Its possible to find this heartless (once the conidtions are met) in Hollow bastion,"End of worlds" and "Olympus Coliseum". Oddly enough no Behemoths are present in KH2,although in final Mix(japen only :'() the player could fight different types of Behemoths.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 08:13:13 am »
Great job on Behemoth Ultimatum ;)

Defender

These guys are sort of like the Big Daddy's when it comes to enemy strength, watch out for them at all times.

As large and slow as these enemies are they are very strong as brute force is highly used, but most of there strength isn't there own. For the most part the shield does the work, it has a mind of its own so to speak. Since it can attack within range watch out for the shields jaws as they can cause significant damage. It's wise to always defend during this time as when you do the defender lifts his shield when you parry one of his attacks take that chance to finish it off (if at low damage), or attack from behind. One of the other more aggravating attacks is it's spin attack (reminiscent to Goofy's Tornado attack)

One other thing to note is that as good as it is close range it does have a couple long range attacks as well, making group battles tricky as not paying attention to them on the field can leave you with avoidable damage. It's two long range attacks is a slow moving Fira attack and the second is some sort of blizzara attack (a mist like projection from its shield), they're slow moving but can only be parried with a guard (square button when the ability is on) or a counter attack from close range (they do use magic at close range as well, specifically the blizzara spell).

(Partial spoiler)
First encounter with these foes is a risky proposition as in the beginning of the expedition of Hollow Bastion you're physically impaired so magic is you're only option, make sure you pick up ether's and elixirs before hand to better prepare yourself. Still don't get to righteous, let Beast take care of most of the work until you get the Keyblade back.

After the events of Hollow Bastion they are less common there as the darkness has spread to other worlds so places like Traverse Towns and early levels consist of them along with the likes of other heartless from Hollow Bastion.

Item Note:
There is a 5% chance of the the heartless to drop his shield as a drop item for Goofy to use in combat. Usual item drops are 40 HP balls,80 Munny, and items Elixir, Bright Crystal, and the Defender Shield.

Trivia
  • This heartless (like the wizard to Donald) represents the moves of ally Goofy, shield and all including stances and attack patterns.