Author Topic: IGN & Joystiq Preview Space Stage  (Read 9685 times)

Offline Anisi

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
Re: IGN & Joystiq Preview Space Stage
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2008, 02:10:31 am »
When the game comes out, I can imagine everyone racing to see what is at the centre of the universe before everyone else! Haha. It would be awesome if it was something different for everyone. But it wont be.

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 12:40:52 pm »
Kinda reminds me of the movie "Clue".... that would be hilarious if it was (especially after they've said there's only one "main quest" ending).

Offline MTCason

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 05:11:39 am »

Offline Hyfrydle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 05:23:07 am »
Very nice not too much we didn't already know I would like to know how many planets are in each universe though.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 05:24:10 am »
Compared to the recently-released Creature Creator, the creature phase will have more animations and better polish. Vu was unsure if the standalone Creature Creator would be updated in the future.

At the moment, there are no ways to import/export entire planets. Vu said they currently consider them as an instance and, should the dev team make them transferable entitites in the future, they want to make sure they get it right.

There is a limit to the number of planets you can have in your galaxy, much like the number of plots of land in your neighborhood in The Sims.

>:(

I think they meant number of planets per solar system.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 05:36:31 am »
Compared to the recently-released Creature Creator, the creature phase will have more animations and better polish. Vu was unsure if the standalone Creature Creator would be updated in the future.

At the moment, there are no ways to import/export entire planets. Vu said they currently consider them as an instance and, should the dev team make them transferable entitites in the future, they want to make sure they get it right.

There is a limit to the number of planets you can have in your galaxy, much like the number of plots of land in your neighborhood in The Sims.

Why the angry face? You bolded the negative parts and missed the positive (which I've italicized).  These are things that can get changed down the line. Also just because he does not know doesn't mean it won't. He might not be a part of that team.

I think they meant Galaxy. There is a limit on how many planets can be in a galaxy. It's probably a really huge number, well beyond what one could reasonably visit and interact with in one life time, but the game would still need a limit. We already know solar systems are limited to no more than 8 with an average of 5 planets per system (I think, I could be remembering this wrong).
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 05:37:02 am »
Robot parts, maybe during civilisation phase you can research robotics and unlock the robot editor and create your own standard robot for you to fight and stuff.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 06:30:30 am »
That looks verry similar to the chicken i made.

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • The Book of Jester holds the truth...usually.
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 06:49:30 am »

As they compared planets to plots of land in a Sims neighborhood, I think they mean that there are a limited amount of planets to choose from as a starting point. In other words, I think each planet will be a separate save, so you can only have so many playable creatures.

Just my interpretation, of course.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 06:50:59 am »
thats what i think it means too.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 07:24:21 am »
Considering the fact that you choose your planet at the beginning, this would also be my guess. You probably choose your planet from that galaxy menu.

If you've got a set number of saves per galaxy, then I hope you at least get an unlimited number of galaxies, like neighborhoods in Sims 2. I've got a large number of creatures I want to boot into the game in one stage or another, and it would be a shame if I had to delete one of my saves to start another one because I already had all my planets filled up.

Offline j99450

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Eagle42 on Sporepedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 07:45:39 am »
Any one else catch the bit how Will Wright didn't know about his face being put in?  I want to know what the other Easter egg is.

Offline econundrum

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 08:58:48 am »
Well there would have to be a limit to how many planets in the galaxy if they have some sort of Id number it would have to be stored in a variable type which would have a finite number of values.

However in excess of 500,000 is more than you are ever likley to visit in one game and presumably in the next game you'll have a whole new universe.
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."

David Friedman.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/econundrum

Offline Branko

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 09:20:12 am »
Want to know how Electronic Arts can milk the Spore cow? The tabs in all the editor menus were planned for multiple pages. Maxis has reportedly also discussed the addition of robot creature parts, but there is "nothing to announce" at the moment.

Multiple pages, i laike that :)

And i like that ending is optional.

Offline WeatherMAN

• Sea Battler
  • ^ He's rocking out ^
    • View Profile
    • My Spore Creations!
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 09:22:49 am »
I hate the idea of EA "Milking the Spore Cow"... not much irritates me as much as being nickeled and dimed to death by bean-counters who just see $$ in their eyes and will inevitably ruin the game for it
Visit: My Spore Creations | My Sporepedia Profile
...Please Comment & Vote Them Up! Their may be cookies involved...
OK... so there aren't any cookies... do it because I have an undying need to get approval from people I've never me