Author Topic: The Real-Life Zombie Survival RP Sign-up/Rules Thread.  (Read 19096 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
The Real-Life Zombie Survival RP Sign-up/Rules Thread.
« on: July 13, 2008, 03:26:24 am »
This is the sign-up for my Zombie RP. You must read the rules, and follow them. Rules are up for discussion.

A nice, healthy, gigantic starter post.

The RP, for those too lazy to read the RP Planning Thread, centres around this Forum, a Zombie Apocalypse, and your own survival.

Essentially, players play as themselves, informing other Forum Members how they are managing to cope during the coming storm. Posts will be in a diary, or conversation-esque style. Remember, you are not RP-ing in the traditional sense:

"John lies low under a bed in his room, horribly aware of his front door being open, too frozen in fear to make a sound to check if the Undead have wandered into his abode." This statement would not be applicable; remember, The Apocalypse is Real. You wouldn't have time to type during any actual encounter, nor would you have the inclination. Nor would you refer to yourself in the third person. However, your Internet Access, and this site, will remain up because of magic.

In contrast:

"I've had a ****ing nightmare of a day. I left the door open and a whole bunch of Zombies wandered into my suburb. It took me about 15 hours to pluck up the courage to go downstairs and close the door. I've got this awful feeling one got into my house. I can't do this. I need to prepare my house, but I can't do it quietly and there are Zombies all over the neighbourhood. As soon as they see me, I'm ****ed."

Additionally, you must remember you are playing as yourself in a realistic manner. You can't run outside and kill a hundred Zombies and your insane mother with a Lawnmower. You don't lead a strike force to gloriously retake your city. You don't discover a cure. The limitations imposed on your character are the limitations you yourself have. Not in good shape? That is a shame, but at least you'll feed more than your share of Zombies; Good Luck with running. Not Firearm proficient? Then I imagine you can't snipe at Zombies from your high-rise flat. Don't know how to drive? You don't make your getaway in an SUV covered in knives.

However, any skills you do have your character, who is you, will also have.

Some degree of the Conversation may be discussing Zombie behaviour or weaknesses. Remember, the Apocalypse is Real.

The 'Zombies' in question will be taken from the canon of the Zombie Survival Guide/World War Z.

The Zombies:
  • Originate from the disease caused by the Virus 'Solanum'. Although it has existed for thousands of years, there is little to no medical knowledge of it. It is spread by contact between bodily fluids, and is usually communicated as a bite, although any other means of mixing bodily fluids should cause infection/ It is 100% Fatal, and reanimation occurs after death. One will die 20 hours after infection, and reanimate around 23 hours later. At any time after infection, even before reanimation, it is possible to spread the disease.Solanum is fatal to all creatures, but will only reanimate humans.
  • Corpses cannot be infected, and will not reanimate unless infected at any point. They need not die of infection.
  • Zombies are no stronger or more powerful than an everyday human, but they have the advantage of being able to ignore pain barriers.They are unable to move with any degree of speed.
  • Zombies have no need to breathe or eat. Their compulsion to desire Human Flesh is impossible to explain, as it is never digested.
  • Their sensory organs are no better or worse than those of human beings, until they start to rot, which all Zombies do, very slowly...this could be considered a means of dying from old age. However, their reliance on smell and hearing may make those senses a little more acute. Zombies do not experience any physical sensation, including pain, allowing them to have insane endurance.
  • Zombies never tire.
  • Zombies have no instance of intelligence, or emotional capacity.
  • Zombies can communicate, to a degree, by groaning. This groan is terrifying, and will attract more Zombies. The groan is always given out when prey is spotted.
  • A Zombie can only be permanently killed by destroying the brain.

There will be a short introductory conversation wherein the first outbreaks of the disease are discussed...then, there will be a time-skip to a period where it has begun to spread to other countries. The true nature of the threat is unknown until late in the day to all of you. It is assumed, later into the apocalypse, that all non-playing members are dead.

I'd like for this to be a very dark, creepy RP. Nothing is taboo.

Now sign up.

Edit:

Myself:
Name: Corey Soper
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 03:53:44 am by Mr. Consideration »

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Real-Life Zombie Survival RP Sign-up/Rules Thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 03:55:53 am »
I'll join, I live in the Essex countryside, England.

Mah naem is Paul.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 03:59:43 am by Plank of Wood »
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The Free-Life Zombie Survival RP Sign-up/Rules Thread.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 04:04:41 am »
Name:
       Just call me Chris
Suburbs, NCR, Philippines, South East Asia

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 04:25:34 am »
Name - Many people already know it, but I'll just say "Alan Wright."
Age - 14
Location - At camp in the Irish countryside.

I'm leaving for said camp tomorrow, and may have internet. Otherwise I'll start when I get back but say I'm still trapped in the camp.

I won't be typing much... Sorry.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 04:31:39 am »
Ill give it a try.

Name- John M.
Age- 16
Location- Rural, Ligonier, Pa
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:35:09 am by hammerman58 »
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 06:57:22 am »
Brandon A.
Age 16
Suburbs, Auburndale, Florida

Alwayswatching, you can act as if you returned home when we do the time skip.

Just because you actually are in the camp doesn't mean you need to unrealistically extend the time you would be there.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 06:59:05 am by Brandonazz »

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 07:30:07 am »
I'm in.

Name: Jack Mae
Age 14

Could you PM me when this starts, though?

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 07:37:32 am »
Name - Ned Peota
Age - 18
Location - small town, western Massachusetts

Question, if we're rping that we're posting on the forum, why can't we just use our forum names?  I don't really mind having to make an anagram, just wondering.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 07:53:31 am »
The man has a point.

The age and location fields make sense, so that our posts aren't incongruous, but we don't need our names present for any foreseeable circumstance.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 12:53:49 pm »
Alwayswatching, you can act as if you returned home when we do the time skip.

Just because you actually are in the camp doesn't mean you need to unrealistically extend the time you would be there.

The zombie disease hits while I am at camp, and I get stuck there.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 01:23:38 pm »
Name- Andrew Ryan
Age- 16
Location- Suburbs, Ventura, Southern California
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 06:02:48 pm »
Awesome idea!  I don't even need to think up a stupid backstory, cause I've had one all my life  :P

Name:  As I'll be posting on a forum, name's Kcronos!
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 11:53:59 pm »
The man has a point.

The age and location fields make sense, so that our posts aren't incongruous, but we don't need our names present for any foreseeable circumstance.

Fair enough.

Damn, thwarted. I was looking forward to your Kidneys.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 01:50:55 am »
               Just curious, but can I pretend that I'll be moving to the rural areas when the outbreak is announced on TV? Cause that's what my family would likely do in situations like these. And since I'm not completely independent yet, there's a very high probability that I'd go with them. Unless of course if the outbreak starts here at my area. Then I'll have no chance but to wait it out since I live near the center of the city.

Just asking.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 01:54:08 am »
               Just curious, but can I pretend that I'll be moving to the rural areas when the outbreak is announced on TV? Cause that's what my family would likely do in situations like these. And since I'm not completely independent yet, there's a very high probability that I'd go with them. Unless of course if the outbreak starts here at my area. Then I'll have no chance but to wait it out since I live near the center of the city.

Just asking.

Only once it becomes entirely clear what the outbreak is. You didn't move when SARS was announced, did you?