Author Topic: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Tacoboy,Neko,Mechs etc  (Read 14572 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs -new harvest moon animals
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 08:51:12 am »
Nice stuff and well thought out. You've also organized it well too.  :)

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 09:08:15 am »
Plantlike:  Creatures based on plants.

Snapper (Floraformis dionaea) Sporepedia Page
Feed me Seymour! :P
Very nice work here. I really like the Fuseiforms. :)
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2008, 12:19:13 pm »
okay, thanks guys :)  I like those two groups a lot too.  I want to do some more fusiform story line and some "candy land" style foodiforms soon too.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2008, 01:45:47 pm »
Diet Buddy: Your intestinal tapeworm friend.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Darcie%3Asast-500008969041

Goes well with the new foodiforma series. (note: this creature lacks eyes)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs -meet the diet buddies
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 07:26:45 am »
That's just "ewww".  :D

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs -meet the diet buddies
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 01:19:12 pm »
That's just "ewww".  :D

I know, but I just couldn't resist.

How about I add a HM dog and HM sheep to cleanse the ickies with cuteness?  Also meet the Atlas turtle, one of earths most widespread mythical creatures with a spore twist.

Harvest Moon Sheep.  I didn't think to make a sheep when I did the chicken and cow and within a few minutes of upload was asked to make one... so I did :)

Harvest Moon Dog.  Since the harvest moon based creatures are so popular I figured eventually someone is going to ask for others so I made the dog.  I think he is called Max in most games, but I always call him Sparky.

Atlas.  Okay, making turtles = hard, but after 3 hours I pulled it off.  Originally I was going to make a whole globe on it's back, but I decided to go with something simpler after the texturing trials lasted more than 30 minutes with nothing quite right.  I'll probably make some more turtles at some point now that I have the hang of building the basic form.

Turtle tip: put both sets of limbs close together where they join the body to keep it from flexing side to side.  Then use various plate like parts to build out the shell.  Put the head on a limb to keep down spine flexing and give it a bob.  Watch the complexity meter, it will fill up fast with some type of plating.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:23:17 pm by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Atlas and more HM animals
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 12:49:07 pm »

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500009885619%3Asast-500009885619

A new Fuseiform species has reached maturity in the lab!

The Woolly Fuseiform, like all fuseiforms, lays eggs containing two embryos one of which is diploid and one of which is haploid.  The two grow together to become one animal upon hatching.  In the Woolly fuseiform's case the larger sibling is a mobile quadruped with sturdy hooves for grasping slippery icy terrain.  It digs out lichen to feed on and is occasionally assisted by it's smaller siblings sharp beak.  The smaller sibling adds to the duo's overall nutrition by feeding on the algae that grows in the thick semi transparent fur of the larger creature.  It's constant preening also keeps the coat in tip top shape to ensure the pair are well insulated during rough weather.  When sleeping the smaller member curls over into the thick fur of the larger, but when active and in the open a cross current circulatory system prevents it from getting frostbite.

Also new: Pea-Crocs

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500009871807%3Asast-500009871807

The back view is worth checking out.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:52:58 pm by Darcie »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Woolly Fuseiform, Pea-Croc
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 03:29:15 am »
The frost dragon and chicken are really good :P The chicken reminds me of the one you can by from squishable.com ^.^

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Tacoboy,Neko,Mechas etc
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 08:35:43 am »
I need to catch up to myself.  (yaye we can link to pretty sporepedia pictures now)

First up, TacoBoy has finally made it on line (had food in tags twice which is why it wasn't uploading correctly, check that if you happen to have such things happen to your creations).

TacoBoy Sporepedia

In responce to a few request for a fluffier cat made with feathers like some of my equines I have made Neko (respelling of Niko, Japanese for cat), the happy kitty.  Neko cats were inspired by the litter of 4 feral kittens I've been taming, specifically the cream colored little girl (currently called Cameo).  In addition to the cream (sometimes called yellow) color and fluffy feather based tail, Neko hold themselves less like a natural relaxed cat and more like a happy cat when it's greeting a friend.  This makes them a good source of variation away from the other felines I've done of similar form.

Neko Sporepedia

So I have mentioned before that I was making a chicken when I realised it looked like the harvest moon chickens and decided to just call it that and make a HM series.  Well, the model is so popular I figure I might as well release the original too.  Creatively named "Chicken", although if you get it from my "DarcieOrganic" profile (for the Playable Buddy List) it will be called a Chikchik.

Chicken Sporepedia

I felt mechanical after making the Hawk Master in the Dr. Hawking series and went ahead to make 4 inorganic robots of a style similar to it.  One is very close to the HawkMaster, but is fully robotic instead of being a cyborg.  I call that one the Mechaman because it's built like a harvestman (you know, the non spider daddy long leg things).

Mechamen Sporepedia

This one I call Mechanoid 3000 and it's a sort of android lightning rod robot cross.  It's very very tall and fun to watch walk around. You can see how I conserve parts from previous robotic forms and then re-expand on them to try and keep the series tied together.  I also change very little in the texturing from form to form.

Mechanoid 3000 Sporepedia

The third I made is Mechamutt and it's been popular with people who got it randomly.  It turned out exactly how I wanted and everything.  The eyes are a composit of a few parts to make them robotic and canine at the same time (in this case I went with an upright heycorn rather than the classic inverted jellybutton).  I carefully selected parts to give it a nasty combo of max Bite and a charge ability making it a pretty nasty top end predator.  I also luv the pun potential.

Mechamutt Sporepedia

The last one I've published to date is the Mechamoose which I did to be a bit silly (and include a herbivore), but I'm trilled with how it turned out.  Like usual I include a bit of a story that fleshes out the more descriptions you read of similar style creatures and I've had fun with the mechs.  I'd like to make a few more before a formal set presentation.  Oh yeah, and the eyes are another type of composit I've been experimenting with.  Unlike the normal turn something over inside of a socketed eye dealio I actually inset a crystal so that the eyelid would blink over it, kind of nifty effect I'll likely use in other creations later.

Mechamoose Sporepedia

The dragon series I've been working on will start to be uploaded soon, but with the game traffic it is hard to get successful attempts.  And no, :( my game copy is not here yet so no noncritters yet.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:39:36 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Tacoboy,Neko,Mechs etc
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 06:33:09 pm »
I'm not dead, just in school and working on my game design for about 8-10 hours a day...sooooo yeah I haven't had much time to play much less update the threads, but I'm still here, honest!