Author Topic: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Tacoboy,Neko,Mechs etc  (Read 14563 times)

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Tacoboy,Neko,Mechs etc
« on: July 10, 2008, 07:07:30 am »
I has come to my attention that while my original thread works great for my theme sets, it doesn't really give me a good place to list my more spontaneous creations without them getting lost or having me have to hide the update about the 10 new horses to announce a single other creature.  As such, I have decided to make a second thread for more fun and intermittent creatures.  It will also be a place where people can check up on sets in the making before I release the full polished theme in the other thread.  It should also make it a lot easier to find the creatures you want.  Also, if you have a request, at any time feel free to post it here and I'll see what I can do :)  I love a good challenge.
Theme Sets:  My most polished work can be viewed in fully rendered form on my Creature sets thread.

Tips and tricks:  I include artist notes with tips and tricks on how I pulled off what I made during each theme set.  You will want to go to that thread for such information.
I also have a thread that is intended for everyone to share tips and tricks. It opens with a basic overview of the most common advanced features used in the CC.  Great for beginners and really anyone.

My Sporepedia username is: Darcie
My Sporepedia Profile Page
My Sporepedia Creature List

You can find more information, creatures and game guides at my website:
http://www.geocities.com/gemwhite/spore/index.html

General Artist Information:
I'm studying game design and have made third party expantions for existing games for over 14 years.  I love lore and mythical creatures and have had a thing for dragons since I was a toddler.  I am focused on quality over quantity and like to make creations others would likely want to use. 

Group Lists
Templata Complex:
Jump To List
These creatures are best used as starting bases to form your own creatures and feature some trickier body and leg builds.  Some are meant to be picked appart to teach how to make complex structures from simple ones.  If you use one all I ask is that you say at the bottom of the description based on template by Darcie (or in the key words if it won't fit). True templata will be removed from the sporepedia and placed in a zip on my website when SPORE comes out to keep them from going out in sporecasts.  Simple creatures that double as templata will remain.

Starters: 
Jump To List
Creatures that I make with the intent of them being simple and small for the beginning of the creature phase.  These tend to have good thumbnail pictures because the camera zooms in so close.

Micro - Not Starter:

Jump To List
Sometimes I like to try and make mini versions of creatures.  If they end up with small stats they go in the starters section, if they end up with fancier stats they go here. These tend to have good thumbnail pictures because the camera zooms in so close.  To date, the gnat is the smallest creature I have made, just look at the babies!

The rest of the groupings are just to help find various critters by recognisable "type"

Food and Object Monsters: 
Jump To List
Foodiforma is actually a theme set, but sometimes I come up with new ones on the fly.  Until I have enough to release as a new set with a Fancy graphic they get listed here.  Random object creatures will be here too.  Remember, I don't post it unless it animates correctly so you can be sure they will look just as good in motion (often better).

Insects and Arthropods:
Jump To List
So insects are arthropods, but I figure insect would be more skimmed for.  Anyhow, this is stuff like bug, crabs and spiders etc.

Fishlike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical fish or other aquatic animal on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Herplike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical snakes,lizards,crocs,turtles,salamanders and frogs on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Birdlike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical birds on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Mammallike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical mammals on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Plantlike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical plants on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Fan-Fic:
Jump To List
Based on the intellectual work of others, there are purely fan art of these wonderful creations.  I only did the SPORE form, I don't have anything to do with the original creators.

Total Monster:
Jump To List
Stuff I made up and is just fun.

Robots and Cyborgs
Jump To List
For steam punk, scifi, futuristic critters.

Other:
Jump To List
Creatures that don't really fit in any of the above categories.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:49:10 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Templates
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 07:09:21 am »
Templata Complex:  Pick appart to learn how to build something, or use part of it to make your own.  True templata will be removed from Sporepedia before release to prevent sporecast contamination.  You can get them at my website at that point.

Templata triceratops var Alpha - Sporepedia Page - Bony Crest tutor - Made with free trial - Requested, but requester name lost

Doughnut Beast - Sporepedia Page- Ring body template

House Cat - Sporepedia Page - Feline face+legs tutor/template

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:17:14 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Creature Stage Starters
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:09:34 am »
Starters: Small and simple creatures to give diversity to your worlds when beginning the creature phase.  Also included are fodder animals for carnivores to hunt and eat.

Smallfry (Simplexis guppy) - Sporepedia Page

Mini-Monkey (Simplexis prime) - Sporepedia Page

Snoik (Simplexis truffle) - Sporepedia Page

Bunaroo (Simplexis poppet) - Sporepedia Page

Twitters (Simplexis hummer) - Sporepedia Page

Scamp (Simplexis nibbles) - Sporepedia Page

Sloog (Simplexis worm) - Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:13:52 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Super Small
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:15:31 am »
Micro - Not Starters: Complex or powerful, but very very small.
Gnat (Micro no-see-em) - Sporepedia Page

Striped Horsefly (Micro Equuiair) - Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:11:52 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Food and Object Creatures
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 07:15:59 am »
Food and Object Creatures:  Stuff that is just too darn funny to see up and walking around.

Singles: Creatures that are part of a small series or single stand alone.  Also includes creatures that may some day be regrouped as a series.

N/A

Series:  Only a list of images showing members of the series are shown here.  Follow the link to the introduction page for high resolution pictures and other information.  Follow the link to the detailed listing for Sporepedia links and other series.

Foodiforma Series One and Two:  Series One Introduction Page - Series Two Introduction Page - Detailed Listing - Sporecast
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:46:36 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Insects and kin
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 07:16:34 am »
Insects and Arthropods:  Anything based on Earth creatures with exoskeletons.
Space Ant (Animorpha formica) - Sporepedia Page - Made with free trial - requested, but lost name of requester
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:08:58 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Fishies
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 07:16:52 am »
Fishlike:  Forms based on the aquatic creatures of Earth.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:55:48 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Reps and Phibs
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:13 am »
Herplike: Anything based on Earth's lizards,snakes,crocodiles,turtles,frogs,salamanders or their kin.

Singles: Creatures that are part of a small series or single stand alone.  Also includes creatures that may some day be regrouped as a series.
Atlas (Paradoxipin micro) - Sporepedia Page

Cobrawn (Serpenta spitz) - Sporepedia Page

Common Water Dragon (Dragoniforma aqua var Alpha) - Sporepedia Page - Made with free trial

Salamandra (Dragoniforma salamandra) - Sporepedia Page - Made with free trial - Huge

Frost Dragon (Dracoforma arctic) - Sporepedia Page - Huge

Series:  Only a list of images showing members of the series are shown here.  Follow the link to the introduction page for high resolution pictures and other information.  Follow the link to the detailed listing for Sporepedia links and other series.

Wyrm Series One:  Introduction Page - Detailed Listing
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:27:25 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Birds
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:37 am »
Birdlike: Creatures based on the feathery animals of Earth.
Chicken (Gallus Gallus var sphereis) - Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:23:10 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Mammals
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:58 am »
Mammallike: Anything based on Earth's furry animals.

Xomoc (Taurus beefy) Sporepedia Page ; More on the Xomoc

Feline Series One:  Introduction Page - Detailed Listing

Equine Series One:  Introduction Page - Detailed Listing

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:45:20 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Plant Monsters
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:15 am »
Plantlike:  Creatures based on plants.

Snapper (Floraformis dionaea) Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:02:55 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Fan Art
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:30 am »
Fan-Fic:  Spore copies of well known characters created by other people to whom I have no relation and am just a fan of.

Meowth (Nintendis meowth) - Sporepedia Page

Persain (Nintendis persian) - Sporepedia Page

Goron (Nintendis goron) - free trial made - Sporepedia Page

Harvest Moon Chicken (Natsume cluckcluck) - Sporepedia Page

Harvest Moon Cow (Natsume moomoo) - Sporepedia Page

Harvest Moon Sheep (Natsume baabaa) - Sporepedia Page

Harvest Moon Dog (Natsume max) - Sporepedia Page

P.F. Magic's Oddballz:  Introduction Page - Sporecast

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:12:20 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Made Up Monsters
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:46 am »
Total Monster: Stuff that is just totally made up and fun and original.

Common Fuseiform (Mosaic vulgar) - Sporepedia Page - Story Intro: Fuseiform Expedition Ch.1

Rocky Fuseiform (Mosaic pebble) - Sporepedia Page - Story Intro: Fuseiform Expedition Ch.1

River Fuseiform (Mosaic aqua) - Sporepedia Page - Story Intro: Fuseiform Expedition Ch.1

Woolly Fuseiform (Mosaic hoary) - Sporepedia Page

Pea-Croc (Darwis delemia) - Sporepedia Page

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:47:07 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Robots and Cyborgs
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 07:52:22 am »
Robots and Cyborgs:  Creatures with mechanical implants or self replicating inorganic robot like life forms.

Mechaman (Inbios arachnia) - Sporepedia Page

Mechanoid 3000 (Inbios sapien) - Sporepedia Page

Mechamutt (Inbios lupus) - Sporepedia Page

Mechamoose (Inbios green) - Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:55:30 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Other
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 07:52:52 am »
Other:  Creatures that fall into a class not listed above.  Includes things like humans, worms and other grey area stuff.

Diet Buddy (Intestros parisitis) - Sporepedia Page

Dr. Steven Hawking Tribute: Introduction Page
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:34:48 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
New thread built
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 08:51:23 am »
Basically just about all of the things in this post are new right now.  Only a few older ones spinkled in.  Comments wanted, request taken.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - TONS of NEW creatures.
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 10:55:23 am »
That's looking great so far! I like how you've organised everything, and also how you've branched out into a lot of different avenues. for example, i just make comedy objects or weird cartoony things, but you're diversifying into a lot of different 'genres' of creature. I especially like Snoik! The Goron and Snapper are also favourites of mine.

It's good you're making 'snack' creatures to serve the lower ends of the food chain as well.  ;D
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - TONS of NEW creatures.
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 01:19:12 pm »
Thanks, glad you like em.  I like to dabble in lots of little things.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Moooo
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 08:55:07 am »
Xomoc (Taurus beefy)
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500005487841%3Asast-500005487841

Religious extreamest, the Xomoc worship the "Holy Cow".  Don't dis the deity and no beef jokes, unless you want a horn up the... yeah.

Artist notes:
Yet again it looks bad in the snapshot, I think spore does it on purpose sometimes lol.  But it's great in game.  I put a ton of time into trying different sorts of configurations to get the look I wanted and then ended up back at something more simple than I first thought I'd need.  I really like this creature and want to move it into tribe and beyond at some point.  Obviously this is a mammal like cow creature.  The common name is play on the words cow and ox :)

Also in the works in a rather fancy set of monsters of my own design.  You can see a few posted to my sporepedia page right now, but I am going to wait to announce em for a little bit while I fill in a bit more backstory.  I am also currently working on the civilization stage guide for my webpage and hope to have it up by the end of today or tomorrow.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Beef, it's not for dinner
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 09:13:33 am »
Ah, busy busy, so you are!  ;D

I like Xomoc, the name sounds cool to speak aloud. The cow patterns are detailled and the limbs are very intricate; he looks like he could easily flatten my Mootilator!  ;D

It'd be fun to find a tribe of those ingame.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 09:29:06 am »
Ah, busy busy, so you are!  ;D

I like Xomoc, the name sounds cool to speak aloud. The cow patterns are detailled and the limbs are very intricate; he looks like he could easily flatten my Mootilator!  ;D

It'd be fun to find a tribe of those ingame.

xD wow your fast.  I just fineshed updating how my link tags worked and already a comment.  I'm glad you like them and finding a tribe of cows was what I wanted  (and inspired me to make them) .

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 08:31:51 am »
Three new Foodiforma with a fast food theme.  It started with Patty and I felt she needed some friends.

Franky (Foodiforma wienie) - Sporepedia Page

Patty (Foodiforma arteriosclerosis) - Sporepedia Page

Fri (Foodiforma greasy) - Sporepedia Page

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs -new foodiforma
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 10:32:10 am »
Introducing the Fuseiforms
These are my own little original creations inspired by the biology of plants and angler fish. 

-------------------------------------
Begin the Scientistís story: Fuseiforms
-------------------------------------

Exerts from the log of Captain Cornelius of the Scientistís Fuseiform Expedition:

Star date !%)&)*:

Recently a small pod containing several eggs of unknown origin was retrieved from itís newly acquired orbit around our planet.  It appears that this unmanned vessel is in communication with a planet in an unexplored galaxy not far from our home world.  Hatching the eggs has revealed some interesting information about the species that may have sent them, but it is clear that these animals are not the sentient beings who crafted the pod.  Our ships have set course for the suspected planet of inhabitation in our quest to better understand these life forms and those that sent them on a trip into space, which we assume was in an effort to make contact.

From the eggs that have hatched and those that died in various stages we have been able to create a fairly good picture of the life forms biology.  I have named them Fuseiforms.

The above image is a representation of the typical modern fuseiform, although it is not meant to be any specific species.

When fuseiforms lay a shelled egg it actually contains a pair of embryos.  One is diploid, that is to say it has two copies of each.  However, the second embryo is a sterile Triploid, meaning it has three sets of each chromosome. (For more about triploids read section A at bottom of the post)

During development it appears that the two fuseiform siblings grow together at the spine to create a genetic mosaic, or chimera. (For more about genetic mosaics read section B at the bottom of the post)

The illustration our computers produced shows how the tissues of the siblings usually meet.  Also visible are the two little brains of each sibling and the larger round stomachs used in digestion by each.

If the functional body of the smaller sibling is lost it has been observed to grow back rapidly while relying on the support of itís larger sibling.  This feature seems to have lead to some species actually using the smaller sibling as a lure to capture prey.  In one case it looks as though a reduced triploid has lost itís own independent mind and been reduced to little more than a rapidly growing tool for gathering more food, although this specimen is still quite younger.

In most modern fuseiforms one sibling will grow larger than the other.  Also, one will be a herbivore with specialized stomach while the other will be a carnivore with a different type of specialized stomach.  More primitive species seem to share a single stomach and both heads will eat the same sort of foods.  It is believed that the more primitive the fusiform the more the two siblings resemble one another in general.  Perhaps the very first fusiform differed little from two headed conjoined twin reptiles popular at the fairs of Earth.

From the alien images included in the pod and the eggs that have successfully hatched to date it is apparent that the world of the fuseiforms is vast and variable.  What surprises lay in store for our expedition on arrival, only time will tell.

Images of the first fuseiforms to mature:
Fuseiform (Mosaic vulgar)
This little beastie is a pure blend of cute and ugly.  The little fellow up top is simply charming, but until it had gotten very use to us the blind lower creature was inclined to bite most frequently.  Once it accidentally got a hold of the little fellow and gave us all quite a shock, but within a few days it's sibling had grown back.  Examination of a second specimen that died in hatching has revealed that the brain of the little fellow is safely housed away from the jaws of it's sibling.  For now we call this creature the common fuseiform because it was the namesake of the group and the first to hatch, although it is possible that it is not actually the most common of the group.

Rocky Fuseiform (Mosaic pebbles)
Although tests have confirmed that one sibling is diploid and one triploid they remain very similar in overall external morphology.  They are quite the little characters and get into everything.  Clearly the heavy rocky armor and stealthy appearance has made them rather bold.

River Fuseiform (Mosaic aqua)
A polar opposite of the common fuseiform, this creature is composed of a large herbivore with a tiny carnivore sprouting from it's back.  They seem rather fond of water and the herbivore takes great delight in mixing anything we feed it in it's water bowl first.  The tiny carnivore is at constant work preening and grooming the larger sibling. It was a trick to convince it to eat at all, but finally we found that it has a taste for small insects and pests which it gobbles up during it's frenzied grooming sessions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A supplemental with some fun facts  ;D

A)  Brief overview of what it means to be triploid on planet Earth
Triploid creatures are sterile because they can't properly divide up their chromosomes during reproduction and they are usually formed by accident when a sperm or egg cell fails to divide before combining (in most higher organisms, such as humans, triploid embryos die at an early stage of development). The only way for any freak triploid creature that survives to adulthood to reproduce is to clone itself (as is seen in some seedless cultivars of popular fruit plants on Earth).  However, in some cases, nature produces a triploid intentionally so that the sterile triploid's tissue can help it's siblings.  Plants that produce seeds on Earth include a mutant triploid sibling to act as a food source for the little diploid embryo.  The three sets of chromosomes tells the triploid to grow rapidly and store food while it's still connected to its mother.  Then, later, when it is time for the diploid embryo to grow into a new plant it absorbs its triploid sibling and gets a better start at life.  Since the triploid and diploid share so much DNA, it also helps the triploid pass on itís genes.

B) Brief overview of what it means to be a chimera on Planet Earth
Chimeras of two or more diploid siblings occur from time to time on earth.  There are several causes, but one of the most interesting is when one fraternal twin absorbs it's sibling during an early stage of development (fraternal twins are genetically different).  The end result is that part of the body of the lone person born has one DNA code and another part of their body has a different DNA code.  Normally this goes unnoticed, but now and then it will show up in two different zones of hair color or two different colored eyes.  Most often it is found when that person needs an organ transplant because the body will reject an organ that was expected to match only for doctors to discover that the region of the body they took the sample from (to make the match) has different DNA from the region they wanted to connect the new organ to.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 01:20:15 pm by Darcie »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 01:34:12 pm »
Dang! You've realy thought this out, haven't you? Big thumbs up to you! ;D

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 11:52:44 am »
Dang! You've really thought this out, haven't you? Big thumbs up to you! ;D

Thanks Darth...

Okay on to update.  I've made a few new additions to some mini sets, but they need a bit more tweaking.  However, I did upload a few new foodiforma that I developed while playing around a few days ago.  They are deceptively simple, but come from a whole lot of trial and error looking for the best combo looks.  Meet the lastest fast foodiforma.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Darcie

Yup, it's Deep Fried Thingy and two kinds of Eyescream :)

The darn thumbnail camera mutilated the mint chocolate chip eyescream.  It cut half the cone off >.< but it's all there in game... eyescream babies are scary looking (which is why I did not include a super freaky version)... Deep fried thingy was meant to be a joke, but it makes me hungry....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 12:07:59 pm by Darcie »

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs -new fastfood
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 11:54:29 am »
lol, eyescream. I love 'em. =D
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs -new fastfood
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 09:43:58 am »
Just a couple more bits of fan art creatures (it's hard to resist doing tons of fan bits, but I try.  A few get through now and then though :) ).  This time I thought I'd do the chicken and cow from Harvest Moon.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500008629377%3Asast-500008629377

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500008630076%3Asast-500008630076

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs -new harvest moon animals
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2008, 09:49:03 am »
hahaha that chicken is the best!
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 09:52:16 am »
yeah I really like it too.  I was just making a normal chicken and realised I could make a really good harvest moon one and switched over to it.  The cow was a lot harder though.

BTW I'm curious, what sorts of creatures would people want to see me work on next or make more of?  I have a ton of thoughts myself, but I'd really like to see what people are most interested in seeing more of be it real animals, mythical beast, fan art, food and object monsters or totally new things like the fusiform.

edit: I like your new avatar.

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 10:29:31 am »
I like your food and fusiforms, myself. =)
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 08:51:12 am »
Nice stuff and well thought out. You've also organized it well too.  :)

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 09:08:15 am »
Plantlike:  Creatures based on plants.

Snapper (Floraformis dionaea) Sporepedia Page
Feed me Seymour! :P
Very nice work here. I really like the Fuseiforms. :)
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2008, 12:19:13 pm »
okay, thanks guys :)  I like those two groups a lot too.  I want to do some more fusiform story line and some "candy land" style foodiforms soon too.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2008, 01:45:47 pm »
Diet Buddy: Your intestinal tapeworm friend.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Darcie%3Asast-500008969041

Goes well with the new foodiforma series. (note: this creature lacks eyes)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs -meet the diet buddies
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 07:26:45 am »
That's just "ewww".  :D

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs -meet the diet buddies
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 01:19:12 pm »
That's just "ewww".  :D

I know, but I just couldn't resist.

How about I add a HM dog and HM sheep to cleanse the ickies with cuteness?  Also meet the Atlas turtle, one of earths most widespread mythical creatures with a spore twist.

Harvest Moon Sheep.  I didn't think to make a sheep when I did the chicken and cow and within a few minutes of upload was asked to make one... so I did :)

Harvest Moon Dog.  Since the harvest moon based creatures are so popular I figured eventually someone is going to ask for others so I made the dog.  I think he is called Max in most games, but I always call him Sparky.

Atlas.  Okay, making turtles = hard, but after 3 hours I pulled it off.  Originally I was going to make a whole globe on it's back, but I decided to go with something simpler after the texturing trials lasted more than 30 minutes with nothing quite right.  I'll probably make some more turtles at some point now that I have the hang of building the basic form.

Turtle tip: put both sets of limbs close together where they join the body to keep it from flexing side to side.  Then use various plate like parts to build out the shell.  Put the head on a limb to keep down spine flexing and give it a bob.  Watch the complexity meter, it will fill up fast with some type of plating.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:23:17 pm by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Atlas and more HM animals
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 12:49:07 pm »

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500009885619%3Asast-500009885619

A new Fuseiform species has reached maturity in the lab!

The Woolly Fuseiform, like all fuseiforms, lays eggs containing two embryos one of which is diploid and one of which is haploid.  The two grow together to become one animal upon hatching.  In the Woolly fuseiform's case the larger sibling is a mobile quadruped with sturdy hooves for grasping slippery icy terrain.  It digs out lichen to feed on and is occasionally assisted by it's smaller siblings sharp beak.  The smaller sibling adds to the duo's overall nutrition by feeding on the algae that grows in the thick semi transparent fur of the larger creature.  It's constant preening also keeps the coat in tip top shape to ensure the pair are well insulated during rough weather.  When sleeping the smaller member curls over into the thick fur of the larger, but when active and in the open a cross current circulatory system prevents it from getting frostbite.

Also new: Pea-Crocs

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500009871807%3Asast-500009871807

The back view is worth checking out.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:52:58 pm by Darcie »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Woolly Fuseiform, Pea-Croc
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 03:29:15 am »
The frost dragon and chicken are really good :P The chicken reminds me of the one you can by from squishable.com ^.^

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Tacoboy,Neko,Mechas etc
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 08:35:43 am »
I need to catch up to myself.  (yaye we can link to pretty sporepedia pictures now)

First up, TacoBoy has finally made it on line (had food in tags twice which is why it wasn't uploading correctly, check that if you happen to have such things happen to your creations).

TacoBoy Sporepedia

In responce to a few request for a fluffier cat made with feathers like some of my equines I have made Neko (respelling of Niko, Japanese for cat), the happy kitty.  Neko cats were inspired by the litter of 4 feral kittens I've been taming, specifically the cream colored little girl (currently called Cameo).  In addition to the cream (sometimes called yellow) color and fluffy feather based tail, Neko hold themselves less like a natural relaxed cat and more like a happy cat when it's greeting a friend.  This makes them a good source of variation away from the other felines I've done of similar form.

Neko Sporepedia

So I have mentioned before that I was making a chicken when I realised it looked like the harvest moon chickens and decided to just call it that and make a HM series.  Well, the model is so popular I figure I might as well release the original too.  Creatively named "Chicken", although if you get it from my "DarcieOrganic" profile (for the Playable Buddy List) it will be called a Chikchik.

Chicken Sporepedia

I felt mechanical after making the Hawk Master in the Dr. Hawking series and went ahead to make 4 inorganic robots of a style similar to it.  One is very close to the HawkMaster, but is fully robotic instead of being a cyborg.  I call that one the Mechaman because it's built like a harvestman (you know, the non spider daddy long leg things).

Mechamen Sporepedia

This one I call Mechanoid 3000 and it's a sort of android lightning rod robot cross.  It's very very tall and fun to watch walk around. You can see how I conserve parts from previous robotic forms and then re-expand on them to try and keep the series tied together.  I also change very little in the texturing from form to form.

Mechanoid 3000 Sporepedia

The third I made is Mechamutt and it's been popular with people who got it randomly.  It turned out exactly how I wanted and everything.  The eyes are a composit of a few parts to make them robotic and canine at the same time (in this case I went with an upright heycorn rather than the classic inverted jellybutton).  I carefully selected parts to give it a nasty combo of max Bite and a charge ability making it a pretty nasty top end predator.  I also luv the pun potential.

Mechamutt Sporepedia

The last one I've published to date is the Mechamoose which I did to be a bit silly (and include a herbivore), but I'm trilled with how it turned out.  Like usual I include a bit of a story that fleshes out the more descriptions you read of similar style creatures and I've had fun with the mechs.  I'd like to make a few more before a formal set presentation.  Oh yeah, and the eyes are another type of composit I've been experimenting with.  Unlike the normal turn something over inside of a socketed eye dealio I actually inset a crystal so that the eyelid would blink over it, kind of nifty effect I'll likely use in other creations later.

Mechamoose Sporepedia

The dragon series I've been working on will start to be uploaded soon, but with the game traffic it is hard to get successful attempts.  And no, :( my game copy is not here yet so no noncritters yet.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:39:36 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Tacoboy,Neko,Mechs etc
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 06:33:09 pm »
I'm not dead, just in school and working on my game design for about 8-10 hours a day...sooooo yeah I haven't had much time to play much less update the threads, but I'm still here, honest!