Author Topic: Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Tacoboy,Neko,Mechs etc  (Read 14799 times)

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Darcie's Spore Bits 'n Bobs - Tacoboy,Neko,Mechs etc
« on: July 10, 2008, 07:07:30 am »
I has come to my attention that while my original thread works great for my theme sets, it doesn't really give me a good place to list my more spontaneous creations without them getting lost or having me have to hide the update about the 10 new horses to announce a single other creature.  As such, I have decided to make a second thread for more fun and intermittent creatures.  It will also be a place where people can check up on sets in the making before I release the full polished theme in the other thread.  It should also make it a lot easier to find the creatures you want.  Also, if you have a request, at any time feel free to post it here and I'll see what I can do :)  I love a good challenge.
Theme Sets:  My most polished work can be viewed in fully rendered form on my Creature sets thread.

Tips and tricks:  I include artist notes with tips and tricks on how I pulled off what I made during each theme set.  You will want to go to that thread for such information.
I also have a thread that is intended for everyone to share tips and tricks. It opens with a basic overview of the most common advanced features used in the CC.  Great for beginners and really anyone.

My Sporepedia username is: Darcie
My Sporepedia Profile Page
My Sporepedia Creature List

You can find more information, creatures and game guides at my website:
http://www.geocities.com/gemwhite/spore/index.html

General Artist Information:
I'm studying game design and have made third party expantions for existing games for over 14 years.  I love lore and mythical creatures and have had a thing for dragons since I was a toddler.  I am focused on quality over quantity and like to make creations others would likely want to use. 

Group Lists
Templata Complex:
Jump To List
These creatures are best used as starting bases to form your own creatures and feature some trickier body and leg builds.  Some are meant to be picked appart to teach how to make complex structures from simple ones.  If you use one all I ask is that you say at the bottom of the description based on template by Darcie (or in the key words if it won't fit). True templata will be removed from the sporepedia and placed in a zip on my website when SPORE comes out to keep them from going out in sporecasts.  Simple creatures that double as templata will remain.

Starters: 
Jump To List
Creatures that I make with the intent of them being simple and small for the beginning of the creature phase.  These tend to have good thumbnail pictures because the camera zooms in so close.

Micro - Not Starter:

Jump To List
Sometimes I like to try and make mini versions of creatures.  If they end up with small stats they go in the starters section, if they end up with fancier stats they go here. These tend to have good thumbnail pictures because the camera zooms in so close.  To date, the gnat is the smallest creature I have made, just look at the babies!

The rest of the groupings are just to help find various critters by recognisable "type"

Food and Object Monsters: 
Jump To List
Foodiforma is actually a theme set, but sometimes I come up with new ones on the fly.  Until I have enough to release as a new set with a Fancy graphic they get listed here.  Random object creatures will be here too.  Remember, I don't post it unless it animates correctly so you can be sure they will look just as good in motion (often better).

Insects and Arthropods:
Jump To List
So insects are arthropods, but I figure insect would be more skimmed for.  Anyhow, this is stuff like bug, crabs and spiders etc.

Fishlike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical fish or other aquatic animal on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Herplike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical snakes,lizards,crocs,turtles,salamanders and frogs on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Birdlike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical birds on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Mammallike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical mammals on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Plantlike:
Jump To List
Based on real life or classic mythical plants on some level, is at least moderately complex and medium+ sized.

Fan-Fic:
Jump To List
Based on the intellectual work of others, there are purely fan art of these wonderful creations.  I only did the SPORE form, I don't have anything to do with the original creators.

Total Monster:
Jump To List
Stuff I made up and is just fun.

Robots and Cyborgs
Jump To List
For steam punk, scifi, futuristic critters.

Other:
Jump To List
Creatures that don't really fit in any of the above categories.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:49:10 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Templates
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 07:09:21 am »
Templata Complex:  Pick appart to learn how to build something, or use part of it to make your own.  True templata will be removed from Sporepedia before release to prevent sporecast contamination.  You can get them at my website at that point.

Templata triceratops var Alpha - Sporepedia Page - Bony Crest tutor - Made with free trial - Requested, but requester name lost

Doughnut Beast - Sporepedia Page- Ring body template

House Cat - Sporepedia Page - Feline face+legs tutor/template

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:17:14 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Creature Stage Starters
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:09:34 am »
Starters: Small and simple creatures to give diversity to your worlds when beginning the creature phase.  Also included are fodder animals for carnivores to hunt and eat.

Smallfry (Simplexis guppy) - Sporepedia Page

Mini-Monkey (Simplexis prime) - Sporepedia Page

Snoik (Simplexis truffle) - Sporepedia Page

Bunaroo (Simplexis poppet) - Sporepedia Page

Twitters (Simplexis hummer) - Sporepedia Page

Scamp (Simplexis nibbles) - Sporepedia Page

Sloog (Simplexis worm) - Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:13:52 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Super Small
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:15:31 am »
Micro - Not Starters: Complex or powerful, but very very small.
Gnat (Micro no-see-em) - Sporepedia Page

Striped Horsefly (Micro Equuiair) - Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:11:52 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Food and Object Creatures
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 07:15:59 am »
Food and Object Creatures:  Stuff that is just too darn funny to see up and walking around.

Singles: Creatures that are part of a small series or single stand alone.  Also includes creatures that may some day be regrouped as a series.

N/A

Series:  Only a list of images showing members of the series are shown here.  Follow the link to the introduction page for high resolution pictures and other information.  Follow the link to the detailed listing for Sporepedia links and other series.

Foodiforma Series One and Two:  Series One Introduction Page - Series Two Introduction Page - Detailed Listing - Sporecast
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:46:36 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Insects and kin
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 07:16:34 am »
Insects and Arthropods:  Anything based on Earth creatures with exoskeletons.
Space Ant (Animorpha formica) - Sporepedia Page - Made with free trial - requested, but lost name of requester
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:08:58 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Fishies
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 07:16:52 am »
Fishlike:  Forms based on the aquatic creatures of Earth.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:55:48 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Reps and Phibs
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:13 am »
Herplike: Anything based on Earth's lizards,snakes,crocodiles,turtles,frogs,salamanders or their kin.

Singles: Creatures that are part of a small series or single stand alone.  Also includes creatures that may some day be regrouped as a series.
Atlas (Paradoxipin micro) - Sporepedia Page

Cobrawn (Serpenta spitz) - Sporepedia Page

Common Water Dragon (Dragoniforma aqua var Alpha) - Sporepedia Page - Made with free trial

Salamandra (Dragoniforma salamandra) - Sporepedia Page - Made with free trial - Huge

Frost Dragon (Dracoforma arctic) - Sporepedia Page - Huge

Series:  Only a list of images showing members of the series are shown here.  Follow the link to the introduction page for high resolution pictures and other information.  Follow the link to the detailed listing for Sporepedia links and other series.

Wyrm Series One:  Introduction Page - Detailed Listing
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:27:25 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Birds
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:37 am »
Birdlike: Creatures based on the feathery animals of Earth.
Chicken (Gallus Gallus var sphereis) - Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:23:10 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Mammals
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:58 am »
Mammallike: Anything based on Earth's furry animals.

Xomoc (Taurus beefy) Sporepedia Page ; More on the Xomoc

Feline Series One:  Introduction Page - Detailed Listing

Equine Series One:  Introduction Page - Detailed Listing

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:45:20 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Plant Monsters
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:15 am »
Plantlike:  Creatures based on plants.

Snapper (Floraformis dionaea) Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:02:55 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Fan Art
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:30 am »
Fan-Fic:  Spore copies of well known characters created by other people to whom I have no relation and am just a fan of.

Meowth (Nintendis meowth) - Sporepedia Page

Persain (Nintendis persian) - Sporepedia Page

Goron (Nintendis goron) - free trial made - Sporepedia Page

Harvest Moon Chicken (Natsume cluckcluck) - Sporepedia Page

Harvest Moon Cow (Natsume moomoo) - Sporepedia Page

Harvest Moon Sheep (Natsume baabaa) - Sporepedia Page

Harvest Moon Dog (Natsume max) - Sporepedia Page

P.F. Magic's Oddballz:  Introduction Page - Sporecast

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:12:20 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Made Up Monsters
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:46 am »
Total Monster: Stuff that is just totally made up and fun and original.

Common Fuseiform (Mosaic vulgar) - Sporepedia Page - Story Intro: Fuseiform Expedition Ch.1

Rocky Fuseiform (Mosaic pebble) - Sporepedia Page - Story Intro: Fuseiform Expedition Ch.1

River Fuseiform (Mosaic aqua) - Sporepedia Page - Story Intro: Fuseiform Expedition Ch.1

Woolly Fuseiform (Mosaic hoary) - Sporepedia Page

Pea-Croc (Darwis delemia) - Sporepedia Page

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:47:07 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Robots and Cyborgs
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 07:52:22 am »
Robots and Cyborgs:  Creatures with mechanical implants or self replicating inorganic robot like life forms.

Mechaman (Inbios arachnia) - Sporepedia Page

Mechanoid 3000 (Inbios sapien) - Sporepedia Page

Mechamutt (Inbios lupus) - Sporepedia Page

Mechamoose (Inbios green) - Sporepedia Page
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:55:30 am by Darcie »

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Other
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 07:52:52 am »
Other:  Creatures that fall into a class not listed above.  Includes things like humans, worms and other grey area stuff.

Diet Buddy (Intestros parisitis) - Sporepedia Page

Dr. Steven Hawking Tribute: Introduction Page
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:34:48 am by Darcie »