Poll

What should the next challenge be? (Read Descriptions Here)

Birds of Prey
Cartoon
Cutie Pies
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Evolved
Double Double
Evolutionary Disasters
Faceless
Famous Logos
Gentle Giants
Homo Sapiens
Movie Monsters
Mr. Ramjet, how you've changed! (or humans evolved)
Mythical
One Big Part
Pok-e-mon Evolved
Random Objects
Rollers
Scary
Spikers
Real World Animals
Video Game
Water Creatures
Insectoid
Sporio Kart 64
Robots
Random Challenge

Author Topic: The Creative Commissions Thread - Featured Part: Reapermantis  (Read 37384 times)

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
Re: The Creative Commissions Thread - Ice Planet
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2008, 09:23:13 am »
My entries: Frozen Runner and Wooly Runner(Frozen Runner is left, Wooly is right)

:D

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 05:00:05 am »

Still not too happy I had to build it XD
Also, I edited it after I uploaded it - the legs are better, but they don't show on the picture...

Anyway;
It's a tall creature, it's upper half is covered in fur to keep it warm, but it's lower legs are very heavily coated in scales, allowing it to stand in ice-cold water waiting for small prey to swim by.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 08:21:17 am »

The Abominable Snowdrift is an ambush predator that disguises itself as a pile of snow, then pounces on passing prey.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Crainy

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 09:25:34 am »
I want to submit this one:
Creature: Runner

PNG:

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 11:26:23 am »
Ok, here is my entry... I may enter another in this category if I get time.  This creature is just an adaptation of a creature already in my collection.

Ice Yavistong

Sporepedia Description:  See "Yavistong".  The Ice Yavistong is an adaptation of the Yavistong.  It has found the colder climate to its liking and is a very successful hunter.

Concept:  This is a closely related creature to the original Yavistong that has evolved to take advantage of a colder climate.  It has changed very little as it was already fairly well suited to the colder conditions.  The biggest change is it's slightly more squat in appearance in an effort to conserve heat.  It uses those huge claws to dig through compacted snow and ice to get to burrowing creatures.  They have even been known to use them like skewers to fish.  The other main use of the claws are to dig out their nest holes which provide considerable protection from the elements.  It also has its eyes on stalks unlike its cousin in order to retract them during the severe snow storms it endures.

Sporepedia Entry: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ast-500005565457%3Asast-500005565457

.png
Please check out my Spore profile or visit my YouTube channel!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 01:29:57 pm »

I made this. the Cunex. A predictor that is rather slow but good at stalking. It uses is wings to jump high in to the sky and surprise is pray from above. In close combat it is deadly using both claws, teeth and is horns to attack. Its wings contains a anti freezing agent to protect  them. Its stocky build helps it keep is core temperature.

I was not sure how to color this creature is i when with a light blue color and added the effect that his limbs where covered in icy snow.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:29:52 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 05:34:07 pm »
Here's my third and final entry

Snow Patrol

The Snow Patrol leaves their underground homes in search of food on the arctic surface of their planet.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 09:21:26 am »
I'm up for the challenge :)

Also, those that have a custom background, how did you guys do that? just wondering.

As for the old drawing stuff, i've just gotta say that while not everybody is great at drawing, the creature creator allows people of all skill levels to compete.

I voted for beast of burden as pretty much everything else has been done I think, many of them anyways. I also have a creature that I made which I said in the description which could be tamed as a beast of burden, so I could use that one in the next competition if that is the topic.

gec05

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 09:40:39 am »
Also, those that have a custom background, how did you guys do that? just wondering.

Photoshop or GIMP.

Offline MNIDJM

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mission: Regenesis
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 11:47:39 am »
Here's my first entry:

Whooly Edepent

One of the many species of Edepent.

Artic Brunker

And finally, the Polar Flicker
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:44:41 pm by MNIDJM »

Obviously UFO, you haven't snuck into Micheal Bay's house and stolen his version of Citizen Kane. Giant radioactive exploding ninjas are the least silliest parts.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 01:49:25 pm »
One quick question here, what if I use a creature that has a winter phase and a summer phase? There are arctic animals that do this, so I don't see why some extraterrestrial creature wouldn't evolve a similar adaptation.

Of course though, this wouldn't work in spore as it would treat them as two separate species. So, if the one I made does have this, can I submit both phases or just the winter phase? It would count as submitting one species because they are the same species.

I did make a summer phase for my creature after I did the ice one, but it was more of an afterthought.

gec05

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 02:01:39 pm »
It's best that you stick to the theme for good consistency. You can make a summer version but we won't include it for voting.

The idea is that it would be a creature that lives on a planet that is cold year round.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 02:08:36 pm »
I see, the summer phase thing was just a side idea I had, so I can just go and remove the summer phase version, the origional is still there.

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2008, 12:52:51 am »
Although my Eldercrow lives in a polar region, it would work on an ice planet so I might as well post it.

It's eyes in that shot are hidden by the fur, but from the front you can see them.
Here's the downloadable if anyone wants it.