Poll

What should the next challenge be? (Read Descriptions Here)

Birds of Prey
Cartoon
Cutie Pies
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Evolved
Double Double
Evolutionary Disasters
Faceless
Famous Logos
Gentle Giants
Homo Sapiens
Movie Monsters
Mr. Ramjet, how you've changed! (or humans evolved)
Mythical
One Big Part
Pok-e-mon Evolved
Random Objects
Rollers
Scary
Spikers
Real World Animals
Video Game
Water Creatures
Insectoid
Sporio Kart 64
Robots
Random Challenge

Author Topic: The Creative Commissions Thread - Featured Part: Reapermantis  (Read 38091 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile

Welcome to the The Creative Commissions Thread, where every other week we'll be issuing a new challenge, and it's up to you to take it.

This Week's Challenge: Featured Part
I will choose a part at random. Take this part and make the best use of it in the most creative way imaginable. Please give your creature a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.
The part chosen is: Reapermantis

Entries due by: September 15th

This works just like my old The Creature Creation Challenge but this time I'm teaming up with Gec, who will be managing voting for best creatures and other tasks. Here are the rules:

Rules:
1) A single user can only enter a max number of 3 creatures for any one challenge. It's fine if you only want to enter one creature.
2) All creatures have to be made with the Creature Creator.
3) All entries must include the original png file from your Spore page, these are used for polling. You can include other screen shots or/and videos of your creatures, but we need the pgn file.
4) The same creature can not be entered in more then one challenge, even if said creature meets the requirements for multiple challenges. The CCT was made to help people create new, original creatures, entering a single creature for multiple challenges defeats that purpose.

Enjoy, have fun, and don't forget to vote for the next challenge. If there are any challenges you would like to see please let us know.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:17:45 pm by ilikesanta »

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
Re: The Creative Commissions Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 03:45:27 pm »
Challenge Descriptions (In Alphabetical Order)

BIRDS OF PREY
Create an original bird like creature. The only requirements are that it must have feathers, wings, break(s), and talons. It can be in any stage of evolution. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

CARTOON
Recreate any cartoon character or creature. It can be from any cartoon known to man. EXCEPTION: It can not be from a cartoon based off a video game, unless that character only exists in the cartoon. It does not need to be colored or have texture. Please tell us itís name and where itís from. Feel free to add a real picture of the cartoon creature/character, and tell us why you love it so.

CUTIE PIE
Create an original creature that is as cute as a button. These creatures should make us want to hug it and hold it and pet it and name it George. Please give it a name (it doesnít have to be George), and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

DINOSAURS
Recreate your favorite dinosaur. From T-rex to Triceratops or any other thunder lizard that has been discovered. Please tell us the name of the Dinosaur and feel free to tell us why you love it so.

DINOSAURS EVOLVED
What if dinosaurs didnít get wiped out? Create your vision of how they would have turned out if they had another million years to live. Tells us what dinosaur it evolved from and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

Double, Double
Create two original creatures that cannot live without each other (a.k.a. have a symbiotic relationship).  Give it a name and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

EVOLUTIONARY DISASTERS
Create an original creature that should have never evolved naturally to the state itís in. When people look at your creature, they should wonder, ďHow on earth can that thing live for more then five minutes, let alone reproduce?Ē Give it a name and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

FACELESS
Create an original creature that has no eyes, noses, or mouths. It can have any other kind of sensory part. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

FAMOUS LOGOS
Recreate a famous logo.

GENTLE GIANTS
Create an original creature that is big and bulking but really it couldnít hurt a fly. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

HOMO SAPIENS
These creatures are made from people, PEOPLE!!!Ö. Or rather they are made to look like people. Make  a human looking creature, give it a name and tell us itís roll in life.

INSECTOID
Create an original bug like creature. It can be small, like earth bugs or big and huge or even humanoid. It can be in any stage of evolution. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

MOVIE MONSTERS
Recreate your favorite movie monster. Tell us itís name, where itís from and why you love it so.

MR. RAMJET, HOW YOUíVE CHANGED!
What will tomorrow bring? Well, that's for you to decide by predicting the path of Humanity's evolution in the distant future. Remember to tell us why evolution brought us to this point. What's their culture like? Do they still have races? Are they lucky survivor's of some cataclysmic event? As always, it's up to you, but keep it original.

MYTHICAL CREATURE
Recreate a creature based off of Greek Myth, classic fantasy, folk lore or anything else in between. NO DRAGONS - that's it's own challenge. Please tell us itís name and where itís from and feel free to tell us why you love it so.

ONE BIG PART

Create an original creature that has one big part that takes up a majority of itís body mass. You can pick any part you wish to exaggerate but it can only be one part. If you wish pick things like legs or arms, as the part you want to make huge there is a limit: max of  4 legs, 2 arms or 3 of any other part. So a creature could only have up too 3 large eyes, but it could have many little legs and arms. It can be in any stage of evolution. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

POK-E-MON EVOLVED
What if your favorite Pok-e-mon had another evolution or maybe a mutated cousin? Create what it would look like. Tell us what Pok-e-mon it once was and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

RANDOM OBJECT
Recreate a random object using the Creature Creator.

REAL WORLD ANIMAL
Recreate a real life animal that is still existing today. Tell us what it is and why you love it so.

ROBOTS
Create an original creature that looks like itís a robot! Please give it a name and tell us itĎs function in life. Feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

ROLLERS
Create an original creature that gets about by rolling around. It could either to this by rolling it self in a ball or maybe it is a ball, or it has some sort of organic wheels attached to itís feet. As long as rolling is involved, itís acceptable. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

SCARY
Create an original creature that looks scary. It should go bump in the night and hide under our beds or in our closets and something that we wouldnít want to meet in a dark alley. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

SPIKERS
Create an original creature that has many much spikes, horns, craws, teeth or anything else thatís sharp and pointy. It can be in any stage of evolution. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

SPORIO KART 64
This creature constantly has to worry about being hit by Rockne Shells and avoid slipping on Panhear Peals all while trying to reach the finish line. Create an original creature that looks like itís driving a Kart, you know like in Mario Kart. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.

VIDEO GAME
Recreate any video game character or creature. From Goomba to a Final Boss, from Mario to Master Chief, if itís from a video game itís free to make. Exception can not be from a game Will Wright made, i.e. no random spore creatures and no Pok-e-mon, there's a whole topic on that. Please tell us itís name and what game itís from. Feel free to add a screen-shot, from itís original game, and why you love it so.

WATER CREATURES
Create an original creature that looks like it can live and survive in water. It can be in any stage of evolution. Please give it a name, and feel free to give a short back story or/and provide general information on your creature.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:24:30 pm by ilikesanta »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline AhavoRaboTaco

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Creative Commissions Thread - Ice Planet
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 04:02:52 pm »
Yay I love this stuff.

gec05

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 05:32:30 pm »
I've posted the voting thread ilikesanta.

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 05:45:20 pm »
So wait, I got a questioooon. We have to create a creature that would fit in an ice environment, as well as match a challenge description?

Offline Skizzik

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 06:04:33 pm »
So wait, I got a questioooon. We have to create a creature that would fit in an ice environment, as well as match a challenge description?

No, Create an ice environment creature. The Descriptions are to be voted on to see what is the next challenge.

I also have a question. Can we submit characters we already created or do they have to be made specifically for the challenge?

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 11:18:34 pm »

No, Create an ice environment creature. The Descriptions are to be voted on to see what is the next challenge.

I also have a question. Can we submit characters we already created or do they have to be made specifically for the challenge?

If the creature fits the requirements of the challenge, then that is fine.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline AhavoRaboTaco

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 06:32:56 am »
My entry:

Ice Tohel:
This fierce predator hangs on icy cave ceilings and has grown crystals as a camouflage method to catch its prey. In order to prevent freezing this creature has boiling blood inside him.

Sporepedia Entry:
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-AhavoRaboTaco%3Asast-500005372677

PGN File:

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 06:39:47 am »
Bah. I don't like the 'only creature creator' part...

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 08:16:23 am »
woot, arctice world, weeeeee.

Offline MageLite

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 08:34:09 am »
If the creature fits the requirements of the challenge, then that is fine.
Ah good. I creature I already made with ice worlds in mind, the Abomerag:

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 09:51:23 am »
Just keeping an eye on things.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 10:03:42 am »
Ice Planet creatures... I'm on it.
Probably not a Goat, either.

gec05

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 11:06:17 am »

But the original CCC is still an open option for you in the creation corner.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 11:13:30 am »

But the original CCC is still an open option for you in the creation corner.

yeah about that..... I kinda closed it down, because the last two challenges I received 0 drawn creatures.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures