Author Topic: Unlikely but Interesting  (Read 4893 times)

Offline Mjavabean

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
    • Mjavabean's homepage
Re: Unlikely but Interesting
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 11:05:11 am »
DO NOT PUT DRUGS IN SPORE, MAXIS!

It will be frowned upon by the ERSB, and they are, in a sense, 'the enemy'.

But then if Maxis put in medicine would ERSB frowned? As after all medicine are drugs, when not used in the proper way.
  Why is nearly everythink in this world gray?

No, medicine wouldn't be frowned upon, but I am still right in that the ERSB would frown upon it - you don't matter to them.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 06:34:42 pm »
I'd love it if on December 25th, it suddenly becomes snowy (Snowier if you're on an ice planet)
You're assuming that it snows on that date.  For me, it has never snowed on that date, even last year when I was in a place where it usually does snow on that date :o
Book, book, book

Offline Chaosenigma

• Mystery House Madman
  • Happi faic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 12:11:31 am »
ACtually funnily enough in world of warcraft there WAS alchohol, and a fun thing to do in it was going to an inn with a few friends and getting pissed. The screen goes fuzzy and all enemies look 5 levels less. Also it adds *hic after everything you say

<kekek, dumb tauren *hic, HA lv55, you'z going down!>

Good times  :D
Sitting quietly waiting for spore's release....... for 2 years and counting T_T.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 07:23:38 pm »
I'd love it if on December 25th, it suddenly becomes snowy (Snowier if you're on an ice planet)
You're assuming that it snows on that date. For me, it has never snowed on that date, even last year when I was in a place where it usually does snow on that date :o

Forget you and forget your stupid hemisphere. Heh, just kidding. But in all true seriousness, Winter is assosciated with snow in their prime retail markets.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 07:26:05 pm »
You're assuming that it snows on that date.  For me, it has never snowed on that date, even last year when I was in a place where it usually does snow on that date :o

Forget you and forget your stupid hemisphere. Heh, just kidding. But in all true seriousness, Winter is assosciated with snow in their prime retail markets.
There is no winter where I come from :P ;D
Book, book, book

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 08:52:38 pm »
And then, when it snows, the snow will accumulate and our creatures will throw snowballs at each other!
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 08:56:40 pm »
<snip>
(And no, I don't do drugs.)
Are you sure?  No caffeine, ever?
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

gec05

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 09:07:19 pm »
Well there is another drug and alcohol reference in Guild Wars. If you drink dwarven ale, the screen shifts in a subtle liquid effect. Drink more than one and the effects intensify. If Maxis puts something like this, it wont be noted on the ratings as a main content factor, just as long as it isn't directly referenced to REAL drugs from the real world. Example: if the game actually references a real marijuana plant, then its bad. If its some fictional, made-up substance, its benign and safe.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 10:44:11 pm »
I was having a debate with someone over the dangers of drug use and such earlier today, and the thought crossed my mind. "What if there were drugs in Spore?" I mean, think about it, in the creature stage, you eat a certain plant and WOW! Look at the pretty colors! It'd be good for a laugh. (And no, I don't do drugs.)

Theya re in fan fiction like in the Kazea and Nauceans threads

Fanfic Drugs
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5018.msg152093#msg152093

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 05:50:38 am »
dont touch that mushroom, it makes you (think you've] grown in size.

Oh, yes... Black and White(1)... The good old times...

I wish there would be something like that in Spore...

Offline SpecialBrownies

• Donkey Kong King
  • They look so special!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2006, 10:42:49 pm »
But back on subject (not that debating snow isn't exciting), I think they should have "drugs" in Spore. Plants would have different effects, and in the creature stage you would eat them, and they would affect you in certain ways, and you could eat the plants that helped you, and avoid the ones that, well, don't. And in the tribal stage, you could use them for medicinal purposes. Then in the city and space stages, you could manufacture "drugs" on a large scale, using the plants on your planet, and your people could be stronger, or other things with the drugs. And you could use the harmful ones as a form of warfare, like, infest another cities drinking water or something like that, you know. Or make a cloud of it shoot from your UFO, onto another planet, to kill off it's inhabitants, then cleanse it with the antidote that you've created. Also keep unruly, undomesticated creatures under control with depressants and things. Also when you travel to other planets you could just plant your evil genetically altered death plants to kill things. And collect samples of new plants, more harmful, or helpful than your own, and go about the galaxy searching for new plants.

Oh lord, I went on another random thought rant, didn't I?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:47:53 pm by SpecialBrownies »
"If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with computers, they would code Spore."

-SpecialBrownies