Author Topic: Empire: Total War  (Read 31736 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: Empire: Total War
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2009, 12:24:48 am »
@davidramnero

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2009, 12:41:39 pm »

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2009, 01:21:42 pm »
Hi guys,

We will be rolling out the first of a series of updates later today with a variety of fixes for Empire: Total War, including:
Fixed Alt-Tab issue which prevents players from switching away from a full screen window
Fixed text rendering for certain resolutions
Fixed localized font overrun issues.
Fixed a variety of crash and memory leak issues
Fixed a variety of multiplayer client lock
Fixed trade nodes for those nations with resource in home region which caused unprofitable trade theatre routes eg: Sweden and Marathas.
There is a constant support program in process which is using your feedback as well as our own testing. We are currently working on the next update which will be available early next week.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2009, 01:31:04 pm »
Hi guys,

We will be rolling out the first of a series of updates later today with a variety of fixes for Empire: Total War, including:
Fixed Alt-Tab issue which prevents players from switching away from a full screen window
Fixed trade nodes for those nations with resource in home region which caused unprofitable trade theatre routes eg: Sweden and Marathas.
There is a constant support program in process which is using your feedback as well as our own testing. We are currently working on the next update which will be available early next week.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell

If it doesn't apply to the demo.. I don't care.. the demo caused my first (in a long, long, long time) BSoD the other day because of these issues. Tjhe camera controls suck. The game isn't worth my time.. it even crashed when I tried to board another vessel causing the whole game to lock up (which is what eventually caused the BSoD). *shrugs*
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2009, 06:39:48 pm »
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell

If it doesn't apply to the demo.. I don't care.. the demo caused my first (in a long, long, long time) BSoD the other day because of these issues. Tjhe camera controls suck. The game isn't worth my time.. it even crashed when I tried to board another vessel causing the whole game to lock up (which is what eventually caused the BSoD). *shrugs*

Maybe your computer just sucks.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2009, 06:16:47 am »
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell

Sounds like problems I would have, and my pooter sucks.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2009, 08:46:44 am »
Sweden is bugged

So true!

sweden is fixed

You're wrong, Sweden is still bugged because of the FRA law.
@davidramnero

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2009, 02:09:02 am »
Wow, I'm horrible at this game, and this is supposed to be the most accessible.

I've just played the demo, and I'm not sure I'm going to buy the full game.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2009, 03:04:14 pm »
Yeah i sucked at Medieval TW2, not sure if this would be worth it.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2009, 03:06:00 pm »
The total war games are known for their steep learning curve. It's not as simple as "Train units and make money", you have to put a lot of strategy and planning into everything. Just keep playing until you get the hang of it.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2009, 03:09:38 pm »
I started with Sweden again after the patch, and I just researched fire by rank, having 3 ranks instead of only the front one all fire is just insane.
And I finally got the hang of navy battles, I set a waypoint far away so they all sail in a neat line, then when the engagement begins, I change the degree of the direction so my ships kinda zig zag along the enemy line, this results in my line all firing as often as possible, instead of just the few that have a target in their angle of attack, because my angles keep swinging left and right like a pendulum creating a huge field of fire.
But even after the patch it still feels like a rubberband on the main map, my gentleman duels are in slow motion.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2009, 09:56:38 pm »
I figured out what the naval combat in the demo reminded me of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Sail_II

That was fun, if a bit complex..
They're collectible! Sorta...

Offline Saganmaineiac

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I'm a Rocketman! Burning out my fumes out here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2009, 11:29:39 am »
I am TOTALLY into ETW, and I'm currently Great Britain. Heck, I just conquered the whole Cherokee Nation trying to get the 13 colonies to join us! and my prestige is the highest too. what should I do now?
"Always look on the bright side of life!" *whistles*

You must be REALLY fun at parties.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2009, 11:34:46 am »
Conquer the rainforest.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2009, 07:24:56 pm »
I'm playing as mighty imperial Russia.

Fear my cannister rounds!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.