Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS  (Read 26674 times)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2008, 06:03:05 am »
I haven't played baldurs gate 2 but baldurs gate one (if it's remotely close to it) was dreadful, it took a DnD story, but thats not bad what sucks to me was the gameplay I did not like how it played. it feels more like: HEY HERES THE PATH TO TOWN NOW KILL STUFF. and then you kill the same exact monster palette for about 2 hours. although the co-op was fun since there was friendly fire  (:<

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2009, 12:22:45 am »
Alright... finally finished mostly everything. All that remains is to get an enemy I missed in the first playthrough and an enemy I have to be level 99 to see. I think I'll be calling shenanigans on that last one though.

So yeah, all in all I thought that the DS version was fantastic. If you missed the game the first time around you definitely need to get it... and if you're like me and just love Chrono Trigger, well this version has everything plus some new stuff so you can't not get it! The new things they added are alright, nothing spectacular. At best they're a weak attempt to better connect Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. At wort... they are somewhat tedious and shallow.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2009, 05:22:21 am »
I'm still playing it to I only have 2 of the endings the 1st normal ending I guess and the one where you beat the boss as early as possible using the new game plus to make sure your levelled. I'll I just finished the lost sanctum I think its called the reptite hidden village stuff. I'll probably just get the crash into lavos ending and maybe the exclusive ending and be done with it. I can't be bothered playing through to get the endigns with out ressing chrono.

gec05

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2009, 09:38:37 pm »
I plan to beat it the first time around through Black Omen. Then, play it again and fight Lavos at the soonest possible time to get that ending with the devs and stuff.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2009, 11:38:00 pm »
Yeah those are the 2 I have earned so far.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2009, 01:30:31 pm »
The Black Omen to me is by far the best way for the first time due to the massiva amount of XP and great items to be had. Also the music there is awesome.

If you guys want a challenge though go for Lavos as just Chrono. How? New Game + and when your at the part in the fair when Marle gets taken into the time warp, take Chrono to the opposite teleport pod and click the green sparkle and pray.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.