Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS  (Read 26713 times)

gec05

Re: Chrono Trigger DS
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2008, 05:23:46 pm »
Chrono does eventually learn Life. But that's if one of your party members is already dead. :P

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2008, 05:27:24 pm »
Hmm... I think I see what you did there?

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2008, 05:45:01 pm »
Well he is a beast already both literally (being a frog) and figuratively although I seem to be spending a lot of time having to use his heal spells. Normally I been trying to use Robo as my healer he is tank but so often I find that I'm spending my time using slurp to regen frog only to lose the damage on the next hitmean while Robo is kept busy keeping chrono and him self alive. Be nicer if I could use Chrono as an emergency heal. Should perhaps stock up on potions and heal that way. I be doing twice the damage with Frog's crits each turn that way. Hopefully I can unlock a decent team heal spell/tech soon.

Your problem is slurp is to weak of a heal. You need a dual tech full party heal or Cure 2 (which is what Marle gets). I suggest taking out Robo (sorry, but Crono is a better tank imho with the Gold/Silver Earing i think it is (gives +50% life) and high quality armor) and putting in Ayla or Marle.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2008, 05:50:27 pm »
Chrono does eventually learn Life. But that's if one of your party members is already dead. :P

What? He uses lightening attack as a defibuflator or something?

Your problem is slurp is to weak of a heal. You need a dual tech full party heal or Cure 2 (which is what Marle gets). I suggest taking out Robo (sorry, but Crono is a better tank imho with the Gold/Silver Earing i think it is (gives +50% life) and high quality armor) and putting in Ayla or Marle.

You are forgetting I'm only up tot he fiendlords keep so right now I don't have the earing so Robo's healing plus 100 more HP than Chrono is making him an absolute wall it be only made better if I could force enemies to attack Robo and let him soak up damage. Still I am tempted to switch out for Marle. Ayla hasn't become a perminate party member yet.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2008, 05:56:57 pm »
Well Crono gets Life because he is a huge BA and just can revive people like that, but for your length that's not for a while.

Magus eh? Hm. Have you beaten Flea or Slash yet? And for Magus' Castle I highly recommend taking out Robo because he cant use Magic and against Magus that's a pretty big deal imo. But yeah, Marle will probably be a better choice because of her heal dual tech with Crono.

Gah, there needs to be a Crono Cross remake too....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:24:29 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2008, 07:00:08 pm »
Yeah sounds like a good idea to me. I already took out flea and the other guy you you drops a sword for chrono about to head through that save point warp thing in the main lobby.

gec05

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2008, 10:30:34 pm »

What? He uses lightening attack as a defibuflator or something?

Heh, that's what I thought. Though I can imagine how funny that skill would look if it was literally called "defibuflator." :D

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2008, 05:21:10 pm »
That would be awesome... It would be cooler still if instead of an angel he just shot them with lightning.

Sigh* i cant wait for Christmas to play this again.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:06:44 pm by eropS »

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2008, 05:21:12 pm »
So I decided to buy this for a friend of mine for Christmas.

I have little else to say. I don't have much opinion on it.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2008, 07:57:26 pm »
MEh, i personally think this is the second best RPG Ever (Bested only by Baldurs Gate 2)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2008, 08:19:06 pm »
 >:(

Just... go.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2008, 08:33:15 pm »
I am really enjoying the combat in this I expected it to be standard turn based. The attacks based on speed is great. I haven't had any part of the main story make me go oh wow yet though I'm up to the part just after I got the Epoch and I made the floating mountain crash down to earth.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2008, 10:40:41 pm »
>:(

Just... go.

Oh? What do you thinks better?

gec05

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2008, 10:47:56 pm »
Though I would argue myself that this game is the best RPGs out there, you should note Pat is a little biased as well. :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2008, 11:00:18 pm »
*pulls down a projection screen and gets out a long pointer*

I rate based on three different categories: Battle System, Fun, and Story/Atmosphere. The Battle System award goes to Chrono Trigger. Paper Mario gets the award for Fun. Finally, Final Fantasy VII gets the award for Story/Atmosphere.

*bonks eropS over the head with the long pointer*

:)

Actually I've never played Baldur's Gate. Can you make me a recommendation as to where to start? I do love RPGs!